Advertisement
  • No one should be alone in this. We can help.
If you - or someone you know - are having thoughts about suicide, call 1-800-273-TALK (8255). Calls are connected to a certified crisis center nearest the caller's location. Services are available 24 hours a day, seven days a week.                                                                            If you - or someone you know - are having thoughts about suicide, call 1-800-273-TALK (8255). Calls are connected to a certified crisis center nearest the caller's location. Services are available 24 hours a day, seven days a week.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Photo

Some Day's I Don't Feel Like Talking To Anyone

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#1 theguy

theguy

Platinum Member

ID: 532

• Platinum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,418 posts

Posted 25 January 2009 - 06:24 PM

I am on a course of anidepressants and I have good and bad days. I still have not reached the 8 week mark at my current dose. Today I don't feel like talking too much or to anyone really. Is this depression peeking through? I feel a bit moody and irritable I think.
The Guy. - Love is patient, love is kind, love never fails.

#2 Burgy

Burgy

Platinum Member

ID: 17342

• 12,824 posts

Posted 25 January 2009 - 06:31 PM

I wouldn't worry about it, Guy. I think that's a natural ebb and flow, even for people without depression.
Posted Image We are what we think. All that we are arises with our thoughts. With our thoughts, we make the world. ~Buddha

#3 pearlseeker

pearlseeker

Gold Member

ID: 32322

• Gold Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,690 posts

Posted 25 January 2009 - 06:35 PM

I go through spells of that too Guy! Sometimes I just can't think of what to say so I lurk around and read or just stare at the walls and try to be alone! It will pass!! :hearts:
"Faith consists of believing when it is beyond the power of reason to believe."

Live simply, love generously,

Care deeply, speak kindly,

Leave the rest to God

#4 kitty kat

kitty kat

Advanced Member

ID: 32649

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 316 posts

Posted 26 January 2009 - 04:13 AM

I think everyone goes through stages like this, i do.

I turn of my mobile, to get some "me" time, and because i don;t answer any text messages, all my friends start to panic. :hearts: So i say i don't feel like talking, and they become so demanding wanting to know why, it just blows my mind.

It'll pass
I want to be loved by someone who loves me for being me

#5 SoulSearching

SoulSearching

ID: 31734

• PipPip
  • 108 posts

Posted 26 January 2009 - 11:02 AM

Today I am craving isolation and I havn't felt like that in a couple weeks because my new antidepressant has been helping. I think its normal to have some good days and bad days.
It is not easy to find happiness in ourselves, and it is not possible to find it elsewhere. - Agnes Repplier

#6 Neo

Neo

Silver Member

ID: 18660

• Silver Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 759 posts

Posted 26 January 2009 - 11:03 AM

I think it's common and just another part of depression. In the pit, I definitely isolate and keep to myself as much as possible. It's not that I don't like people, just don't want to talk. Not much to talk about when your depressed. My family freaks out when I dissapear. They think I hate them..
Posted ImagePosted Image

Aka: RS

#7 shio

shio

ID: 32490

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 607 posts

Posted 26 January 2009 - 11:19 AM

Hi theguy

It's part of the cycle. After reading all the replies it looks like we all go throught it.
When i'm feeling very sick i like to avoid all people so i usually go to my bedroom to do my own thing without distubance from the outside world.

Take care
Shio

Edited by shio, 26 January 2009 - 11:21 AM.

~ If you could just open up to other people, you'd soon find that you have more than one safe haven.~
Major depression, PTSD, Borderline Personality Disorder, Anxiety

#8 theguy

theguy

Platinum Member

• Platinum Member
  • 2,418 posts

Posted 27 January 2009 - 10:24 PM

Cool. thanks for the replies. Today is another down day (not depressed) just down and I don't feel like talking to anyone. I feel like "me" needs attention but I don't know what "me" wants right now.

#9 undertheblackclouds

undertheblackclouds

ID: 9412

• PipPip
  • 78 posts

Posted 28 January 2009 - 06:19 AM

Cool. thanks for the replies. Today is another down day (not depressed) just down and I don't feel like talking to anyone. I feel like "me" needs attention but I don't know what "me" wants right now.

I frequently spend long spells feeling like this. I feel like it right now. I hide away and don't want to see or talk to anyone. I am also very moody and irritable. I am losing friends left right and centre, as it doesn't seem to matter how many times I reassure them its not them, I just wanna be alone, they don't seem to believe me and think I should just cheer up.
No house is a home without a rabbit!

#10 theguy

theguy

Platinum Member

• Platinum Member
  • 2,418 posts

Posted 28 January 2009 - 09:31 AM

I frequently spend long spells feeling like this. I feel like it right now. I hide away and don't want to see or talk to anyone. I am also very moody and irritable. I am losing friends left right and centre, as it doesn't seem to matter how many times I reassure them its not them, I just wanna be alone, they don't seem to believe me and think I should just cheer up.

All I know is that there are many people who really don't understand what we go through.

#11 drowningsoul

drowningsoul

ID: 25857

• Pip
  • 27 posts

Posted 29 January 2009 - 03:05 AM

i don't talk when i have nothing to talk about, and that's like most of the time...

#12 Stuke20

Stuke20

ID: 33212

• Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 29 January 2009 - 04:07 AM

I am on a course of anidepressants and I have good and bad days. I still have not reached the 8 week mark at my current dose. Today I don't feel like talking too much or to anyone really. Is this depression peeking through? I feel a bit moody and irritable I think.

yea i go through that to sometimes. think positive. watch a movie, hit the bench. just make sure you don't get lazy and don't feel like doing anything. then your in *****.

#13 theguy

theguy

Platinum Member

• Platinum Member
  • 2,418 posts

Posted 29 January 2009 - 12:34 PM

yea i go through that to sometimes. think positive. watch a movie, hit the bench. just make sure you don't get lazy and don't feel like doing anything. then your in *****.

I agree, the fact is I am battling the weather here too. It is overcast lately and very snowy. I can't wait till warmer weather. Actually I am very restless lately so I think my body is craving something to do but refuses to go out when it is very cold and dark.

#14 flightless1

flightless1

ID: 26497

• Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 29 January 2009 - 03:23 PM

Sounds like me on a daily basis.

I've always known I have social anxiety as well as depression but I recently discovered and basically diagnosed myself as having avoidant personality disorder. I really didn't know anything about it until recently. I think a lot of people with depression have a mild form of it.

Sucks finding these clues and then being clueless about how to resolve them.

It's like knowing something's broken but not have the parts to fix it and I've run out of duct tape.

#15 theguy

theguy

Platinum Member

• Platinum Member
  • 2,418 posts

Posted 01 February 2009 - 09:24 AM

I've always known I have social anxiety as well as depression but I recently discovered and basically diagnosed myself as having avoidant personality disorder. I really didn't know anything about it until recently. I think a lot of people with depression have a mild form of it.

It's like knowing something's broken but not have the parts to fix it and I've run out of duct tape.

It's Sunday Morning and I just don't feel like going outside or talking to anyone.

#16 lostman

lostman

ID: 29919

• PipPip
  • 130 posts

Posted 01 February 2009 - 11:20 AM

that's normal I've went through that but if your going through a lot of stuff you definitely need to talk to someone about it. But that's my only advice.

#17 Darken

Darken

ID: 22054

• Silver Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 783 posts

Posted 01 February 2009 - 02:56 PM

Not to take away from the main post, but I too am gradually learning I have some sort of avoidant personality disorder. I work in customer service and have to deal with strangers day in and day out, with little escape. I almost never look them in the eye when I have to interract with them and often find myself avoiding contant altogether if not needed. This coupled with me being a homebody and never really wanting to go out to an event where I don't know many/any of the people...This tells me I may have more then 'a little shyness'

In answer to theguy's post I think its perfectly normal to experience what you are feeling. Depression can certainly cause this condition, in addition to other varibles in your life. I'm sure if this is not normal behavior for you that this should pass in time.
........__o -----------> Get out and exercise believe me it helps!
....._ \<,_ -----------> I'm riding for blood cancer victims this year
....(_)/ (_) -----------> I'll be raising money while cycling over 4,000 miles!

There is no better treatment for depression then the support of your family.

Suicide Help on DF

#18 katie123

katie123

Just Registered

ID: 33156

• Just Registered
  • 4 posts

Posted 01 February 2009 - 05:37 PM

People don't understand what we go through and they don't really care or want to hear about it. It's so frustrating feeling like this. I want to be around people sometimes, but it's so hard to actually get out to be around anyone. I've lost most all of my friends since I became so depressed and that makes it worse. I find that people who don't know what it's like to be depressed just don't care. It's something they don't want to know about or think could ever happen to them.

All I know is that there are many people who really don't understand what we go through.

#19 theguy

theguy

Platinum Member

• Platinum Member
  • 2,418 posts

Posted 08 February 2009 - 10:21 PM

Well it has been awhile since I posted on the forum about myself feeling down but today I have felt that way. I was at my parents place today with my sister and I really wasn't very talkative. I wanted to just be alone once again. My sister up there is going to call my new doctor tomorrow morning to let them know what is going on with me because I have been depressed for awhile. She is going to recommend that I get therapy once a week for awhile. I am talking to a girl right now though an internet dating site and she sounds really nice. I honestly don't know how to be in a relationship anymore or at least I don't think so. Hopefully this or some girl and I can become good friends and maybe a relationship will develop. I am not as excited about relationships as I used to be. That could be because the last two I gave my heart and soul and really got nothing back so maybe that is what I expect now and obviously to receive nothing after giving so much is not something to look forward too. I think I doubt all new relationships. Anyway, I am tired and restless but I hope I will get some kind of sleep tonight. Night.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users