Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
crashtst

Zoloft Vs. Sertaline (generic)

9 posts in this topic

Posted

I know the packaging says both Zoloft (Brand Name) and Sertaline (Generic) are the same, says the FDA, yada yada, but we all know that brand vs. generic isn't always the same with some meds.

As I'm new to Zoloft, I'm curious whether those who've used both can attest to any differences, or if in this case, both are pretty much the same.

You might also be interested in:

Posted

I know the packaging says both Zoloft (Brand Name) and Sertaline (Generic) are the same, says the FDA, yada yada, but we all know that brand vs. generic isn't always the same with some meds.

As I'm new to Zoloft, I'm curious whether those who've used both can attest to any differences, or if in this case, both are pretty much the same.

From person experience, I see no difference. but I imagine that it could if a person was very sensitve.

Posted

My doctor just put me on 50 mg of the sertraline generic, and I've taken Zoloft in the past. She said that in the generic they've changed a few of the components and that I might feel different. I think it depends on the person.

Posted

The active components/ingredients of brand name drugs are the same in the generic forms. The only difference is the fillers used to form the pill may be different. Ask your pharmacist.

I've taken both types and found no difference in effectiveness.

Sheepwoman

Posted

i ask my doctor and said:

"never take generic..even take half dose but branded".

on a bad monetary period i took generic..didnt notice nothing untill after 2 months when i realize i was much worst.

buy brand and after 2 days my mood start going up.

Posted

i ask my doctor and said:

"never take generic..even take half dose but branded".

on a bad monetary period i took generic..didnt notice nothing untill after 2 months when i realize i was much worst.

buy brand and after 2 days my mood start going up.

I really don't feel there is a difference at all... i think it's bull

Posted

I notice many people on here take the generic celexa...but for me I tried going to generic to save money three times in a row over 5 months, and everytime the symptoms would return....and when I'd go back to the brand I could FEEL the difference right away...and God knows I WANTED to LIKE the generic!

Now I've switched to Lexapro and get it from a Canada pharmacy. I'll let everyone know what happens. My first batch was a sample from the dr. and changing from Celexa to Lexapro has been interesting...headaches and more anxiety...alert and awake more....I don't know. I'm going to try it for 4 weeks and may switch back to Celexa.....My ears ring a little...notice at night mostly and one other personal se, but "doable".

Posted

i want to add that difference between zoloft (pfizer) and generic depends 100% about who is making the generic one.

at least on my country generic sucks...maybe on ee.uu they have better standards.

Posted

For me, the brand name is noticeably more effective than the generics. Maybe the buffers have something to do with it. Maybe the handling. It's not hard to imagine boxes being left in the heat at the factory or on the truck, ship, etc...