Advertisement
  • No one should be alone in this. We can help.
If you - or someone you know - are having thoughts about suicide, call 1-800-273-TALK (8255). Calls are connected to a certified crisis center nearest the caller's location. Services are available 24 hours a day, seven days a week.                                                                            If you - or someone you know - are having thoughts about suicide, call 1-800-273-TALK (8255). Calls are connected to a certified crisis center nearest the caller's location. Services are available 24 hours a day, seven days a week.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Photo

How Long Does It Take To Adjust To Bupropion?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
52 replies to this topic

#41 Tim 52

Tim 52

Platinum Member

• Platinum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,145 posts

Posted 18 September 2010 - 09:29 PM

Hey Sew:

These drugs often create anxiety symptoms early in the process. So you feel worse before you feel better. I would take the Bupropion in the morning. That's when I take it. And don't be scared to take the Xanax as prescribed. It will probably help. And you won't get addicted. You've already proven you are careful about it. And it is possible to taper off the Xanax fairly easily when the bupropion kicks in.

Keep us posted. People here are good at coaching folks about getting on these drugs.

Tim

goldenvelope1jr.gifInformation supplied on Depression Forums by members should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for medical advice from a health professional or doctor. 

#42 sewmo

sewmo

• Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 19 September 2010 - 01:01 PM

Thanks Tim,
It is nice to know that there are people out here to help me through this. I feel so crazy that I just don't know if I can handle it much longer. What is a good time to take it in the morning? I'm only talking 1 150 SR daily but I'm supposed to up it to 2 a day. Is timing really important? I am just so scared right now, i don't know what to do.
Sewmo

Hey Sew:

These drugs often create anxiety symptoms early in the process. So you feel worse before you feel better. I would take the Bupropion in the morning. That's when I take it. And don't be scared to take the Xanax as prescribed. It will probably help. And you won't get addicted. You've already proven you are careful about it. And it is possible to taper off the Xanax fairly easily when the bupropion kicks in.

Keep us posted. People here are good at coaching folks about getting on these drugs.

Tim

#43 Tim 52

Tim 52

Platinum Member

• Platinum Member
  • 3,145 posts

Posted 19 September 2010 - 03:49 PM

Hi Sew:

Take it in the morning right after you get up. Your doc said you could take one pill for now, so that's the way to go until your body adjusts. Wellbutrin like almost all Anti depres. will make you feel anxious and dizzy before they make you feel better. This may last about two weeks. But it almost always goes away. That's why you have the Xanax to help you through the adjustment period. It is okay to take the Xanax to help you sleep or function better during the day. Just follow the doctor's directions. You won't get addicted. It is not that hard to taper off Xanax when the Wellbutrin kicks in with its helping properties.

Tim

goldenvelope1jr.gifInformation supplied on Depression Forums by members should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for medical advice from a health professional or doctor. 

#44 sewmo

sewmo

• Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 19 September 2010 - 04:31 PM

Thanks again Tim,
I feel better just having someone to talk to. I took it a little earlier today. Tomorrow i will take first ting. Mornings have been unbearable lately. Maybe this will help. I hope it will get better soon.
Sewmo

#45 playcrackthesky

playcrackthesky

• PipPip
  • 71 posts

Posted 12 February 2011 - 04:04 PM

Hey everyone. Glad to hear that other people have had trouble with this med as well. Everyone I know says that I shouldn't be feeling these things and that it must just be anxiety. Which is very frustrating.

Well I started Wellbutrin 100sr in the morning Thursday and that day, I felt strange, a little high, not nothing too bad, It got out of my system around 4 and I was soooo relieved. Then the second day I took it, I felt like I was on hole.. my eyes were rolling to the back of my head and it got out of my system around 4 and I was so glad, but exhausted after it got out, like I was just running a marathon all day. Today I took it and I went to the store and felt all relaxed and then I was in the store and I realized that i was feeling super high and I hate feeling high, I feel very detached from the world when I am high, but it was better than feeling like I was on hardcore hardcore hardcore drugs like the day before.I hate the feeling of being on drugs. I just want to be happy, and be able to actually do things without feeling stoned.

So in the morning, I have relief.. then around 1 it kicks in and then at 4 it passes. Here is my question.. is this terrible feeling gonna appear 24/7 once it gets further into my system or will I have a little relief like I am now at night? Is this just going to get worse? The feeling stoned and stupid part?

#46 Spiritual_Wanderer

Spiritual_Wanderer

Community Assistant

• DF Support
  • 5,036 posts

Posted 14 February 2011 - 10:51 AM

I'm at one month now on WB and I'm not satisfied with results, but I guess will give it another month. I have a dr appt this week and am going to ask if I can get a low dose of Zoloft to add as I need more for my anxiety. I like the extra energy from WB and sometimes think it is working, but so far, it's not overall giving me the feeling I had hoped to have.

I had a horrible experience yesterday with taking Buspar/WB. It's like they negtively interacted with each other and I had horrible insomnia and night sweats, anxiety, racing negative thoughts...ugh. I am never taking Buspar again.
Many Blessings,
SW
goldenvelope1jr.gif

Not all those who wander are lost. - J.R.R. Tolkien
Don't let the muggles get you down. ― J.K. Rowling

#47 playcrackthesky

playcrackthesky

• PipPip
  • 71 posts

Posted 25 February 2011 - 11:16 AM

Does the aggressive/no patience, unable to relax phase pass with WB? Or is it just something you need to deal with?

#48 lindahurt

lindahurt

Platinum Member

• Platinum Member
  • 13,474 posts

Posted 25 February 2011 - 12:33 PM

I'm on Wellbutrin and it use to make me anxious initially but eventually went away. You may ask your doctor to give you something to get you through this phase.

Lindahurt

Does the aggressive/no patience, unable to relax phase pass with WB? Or is it just something you need to deal with?

Even in the most horrific of situations, one's attitude has an enormous role in shaping what happens ~ Viktor Frankl
In you lies the power to choose, to commit - Stephen Convey

The kind of person you want to become is greatly influence by your inner decisions, and not from outside influence alone. We can even under adverse circumstances, decide what shall become of us ~ Brian C. Stiller

Posted Image

#49 playcrackthesky

playcrackthesky

• PipPip
  • 71 posts

Posted 25 February 2011 - 02:07 PM

I'm on Wellbutrin and it use to make me anxious initially but eventually went away. You may ask your doctor to give you something to get you through this phase.

Lindahurt

OK, one last question. Lately, my personality has just been totally dead, like I don't feel like myself at all, feel kind of like a robot. It scares me so much, I'm afraid that if I continue to take this, it will change my personality forever. Had you experienced personality change at first? Ive read stories where people had totally lost themselves while on this med, lost who they were.

#50 lindahurt

lindahurt

Platinum Member

• Platinum Member
  • 13,474 posts

Posted 25 February 2011 - 02:32 PM

No playcrackthesky. My experience was different. I had an increase in anxiety and insomnia but my doctor gave me something to take care of those issues. I have never heard that about wellbutrin though it may be the experience of some others. Maybe someone else on DF has and will share with you.

Lindahurt

Lindahurt

OK, one last question. Lately, my personality has just been totally dead, like I don't feel like myself at all, feel kind of like a robot. It scares me so much, I'm afraid that if I continue to take this, it will change my personality forever. Had you experienced personality change at first? Ive read stories where people had totally lost themselves while on this med, lost who they were.

Even in the most horrific of situations, one's attitude has an enormous role in shaping what happens ~ Viktor Frankl
In you lies the power to choose, to commit - Stephen Convey

The kind of person you want to become is greatly influence by your inner decisions, and not from outside influence alone. We can even under adverse circumstances, decide what shall become of us ~ Brian C. Stiller

Posted Image

#51 Spiritual_Wanderer

Spiritual_Wanderer

Community Assistant

• DF Support
  • 5,036 posts

Posted 25 February 2011 - 03:15 PM

I was anxious more in the first week, but it has almost completely gone away. I still have mild anxiety attacks before bed maybe once a week or every other week, but the start-up anxiety has gone.

I didn't get aggression. I'm not an aggressive person, never have been, so it didn't bring this out in me. I have heard some people here say they felt aggressive or mad. I would think that would go away pretty quickly. If not, I wouldn't take it and ask for something else.

I haven't felt spacey or like a robot, and haven't really experienced any personality change. When I took Zoloft, I definitely got that "zombie" effect people here talk about. I think the SSRI class of meds cause this more than WB.

I think I am having more of an experience like Linda had. If it keeps up, this might not be the right one for you... or like Linda said, ask for some Valium or other anti-anxiety drug to help the first month easier.

I feel like every day is getting better for me. 6 weeks and counting...
Many Blessings,
SW
goldenvelope1jr.gif

Not all those who wander are lost. - J.R.R. Tolkien
Don't let the muggles get you down. ― J.K. Rowling

#52 playcrackthesky

playcrackthesky

• PipPip
  • 71 posts

Posted 25 February 2011 - 04:15 PM

I was anxious more in the first week, but it has almost completely gone away. I still have mild anxiety attacks before bed maybe once a week or every other week, but the start-up anxiety has gone.

I didn't get aggression. I'm not an aggressive person, never have been, so it didn't bring this out in me. I have heard some people here say they felt aggressive or mad. I would think that would go away pretty quickly. If not, I wouldn't take it and ask for something else.

I haven't felt spacey or like a robot, and haven't really experienced any personality change. When I took Zoloft, I definitely got that "zombie" effect people here talk about. I think the SSRI class of meds cause this more than WB.

I think I am having more of an experience like Linda had. If it keeps up, this might not be the right one for you... or like Linda said, ask for some Valium or other anti-anxiety drug to help the first month easier.

I'm happy that things are going good for both of you :) And I really appreciate that you guys have gotten back to me. I have xanax for anxiety and maybe I'm just mistaking anxiety for feeling strange. I hope that is the case. I haven't been out in pubic on the xanax, and thats where I feel the strangest and detached. I've taken it around the house, when I'm feeling one of those strange aggression things coming on, and also when I go to sleep. I take a whole 1mg of xanax, because I do not sleep at night without it.. I've taken it a few times, but all of those times I have actually only woken up once or twice during the night, as apose to taking 30mg temazepam and still waking up at 12am.. then 4am.. and not being able to get back to sleep.

I will continue to take this med for another week.. maybe 2.. but if it gets worse, then I am going to consider to stop taking it. It's a catch 22 right now, because off the med, I feel sooo depressed, but am still able to look forward to very few things. And on the med (at the moment) I don't have that deep, pit in my stomach depression, but don't really look forward to anything. Not even eating! Just strange blankless.. I mean, I do have my humor still, to some extent, but I just feel uncomfortable being around a lot of people right now, for some reason. Like overwelmed, and I've always loved being around tons of people. And looking nice, doing my make up.

#53 scottyg354

scottyg354

• Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 06 February 2012 - 11:25 AM

I'm happy that things are going good for both of you :) And I really appreciate that you guys have gotten back to me. I have xanax for anxiety and maybe I'm just mistaking anxiety for feeling strange. I hope that is the case. I haven't been out in pubic on the xanax, and thats where I feel the strangest and detached. I've taken it around the house, when I'm feeling one of those strange aggression things coming on, and also when I go to sleep. I take a whole 1mg of xanax, because I do not sleep at night without it.. I've taken it a few times, but all of those times I have actually only woken up once or twice during the night, as apose to taking 30mg temazepam and still waking up at 12am.. then 4am.. and not being able to get back to sleep.

I will continue to take this med for another week.. maybe 2.. but if it gets worse, then I am going to consider to stop taking it. It's a catch 22 right now, because off the med, I feel sooo depressed, but am still able to look forward to very few things. And on the med (at the moment) I don't have that deep, pit in my stomach depression, but don't really look forward to anything. Not even eating! Just strange blankless.. I mean, I do have my humor still, to some extent, but I just feel uncomfortable being around a lot of people right now, for some reason. Like overwelmed, and I've always loved being around tons of people. And looking nice, doing my make up.

Ok so I just started Generic Wellbutrin XL last week (Wednesday) and had an awesome experience (almost like I took some sort of euphoric drug) for the last few days, now today I feel gloomy. So what you guys are saying is that if I had this really good feeling the first couple of days that is a good sign?

Edited by Spiritual_Wanderer, 06 February 2012 - 01:47 PM.
TOS

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Google (1)