Advertisement
  • No one should be alone in this. We can help.
If you - or someone you know - are having thoughts about suicide, call 1-800-273-TALK (8255). Calls are connected to a certified crisis center nearest the caller's location. Services are available 24 hours a day, seven days a week.                                                                            If you - or someone you know - are having thoughts about suicide, call 1-800-273-TALK (8255). Calls are connected to a certified crisis center nearest the caller's location. Services are available 24 hours a day, seven days a week.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Photo

Things To Do When Alone On Your Birthday.

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Headspin

Headspin

• Pip
  • 22 posts

Posted 10 November 2008 - 02:22 AM

Hey all, I'm not looking for token "Happy Birthday's" but today is my birthday and I have no family and my friends are all gone. I've systematically pushed them away. Nobody has got in touch with me, and I've not mentioned it at work since I've only been here a little while and I can't be bothered.

It's really starting to tear me up realising how alone I am, especially today. And with Christmas around the corner, I don't know if I can take it any longer...

Any suggestions for a lonely guy are appreciated.

'spin. :hearts:
I'm ok, it's my feelings that are mad." - Homer J Simpson.

#2 tilly

tilly

Advanced Member

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 291 posts

Posted 10 November 2008 - 03:24 AM

hm, what are you into?
Can you go shopping and buy yourself a present? go see a movie? go hang out at an art gallery, wander through the city if you live in sydney?

#3 Guest_oneday_*

Guest_oneday_*
  • Guests

Posted 10 November 2008 - 03:36 AM

Can you not do some volunteer work?

#4 Lizzy

Lizzy

• Platinum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,506 posts

Posted 10 November 2008 - 07:26 AM

So what did you do? I love reading, walking, working in our garden ........ I would miss having someone to share these things with but I'm OK with my own company. Though not on my birthday!
Lizzy
Any change is scary even when we want it Posted Image

#5 wolfy1987

wolfy1987

• Pip
  • 28 posts

Posted 10 November 2008 - 08:28 AM

If you have the money and can get the time off work maybe you could go on a short break to a new city maybe in a different country. The new surroundings may alleviate your depression and give you a new perspective on things. Just make sure you plan a range of activities when there, that will enable you to meet new people.

I am personally planning to do this for my next Birthday, if I can find a job by then and save the money for it. However to do this you need to be comfortable doing things on your own otherwise it may reinforce any feelings of lonliness.

#6 AOD

AOD

• PipPip
  • 130 posts

Posted 10 November 2008 - 08:34 AM

Headspin,

What would make you happy? Doing something for yourself? Doing something for others? Hanging out in a coffee shop and people watch? Being alone can be a painful existence, but it doesn't have to be - you just have to work harder at finding your joy. The fact is, no one else can really find you joy for you. That is too great a burden to put on someone else anyway. Do you like to fish? Going for walks outside always helps me when I am feeling blue - I hate doing it in the winter, but I may have to force myself this year.

Anyway - I hope you had some fun on your Birthday.
AOD
Assembly Of Dust

#7 bigblackdog

bigblackdog

Advanced Member

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 373 posts

Posted 10 November 2008 - 03:30 PM

HAPPY BIRTHDAY HEADSPIN!!! :hearts:

With all these time differences and difficulties in the numerical area i have no idea if you are waking up already in tomorrow or still in today....and no i don't think i understood that sentence either! :hearts: But either way it says that you posted it today on my webpage so i'm gong to wish you a Happy Birthday anyway!

What did you get up to? My perfect day would be getting up, making an effort to get ready (it rarely happen y'see) then heading into town for a spot of lunch with of course a slice of chocolate cake and a nice steaming mug of coffee. I'd take a good book, to a nice place where there is lots of life so i could watch from the outskirts the to-ing and fro-ing of life. Then i'd take a leisurly walk around some of the book stores then down to the park/gardens (of course as this is my perfect day it wouldn't be raining :hearts: ).

Thank you for mentioning your birthday on here - always nice to be able celebrate with someone :hearts:
I hope you were/are able to read some of these replies on your actual birthday and know that people are thinking about you!

:flowers:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users