Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
handsome

Wellbutrin/buspar Vs Wellbutrin Ssri (for Anxiety With Depression)

3 posts in this topic

Posted

Advertisement

Has anyone taken Wellbutrin and BuSpar together at some point as well as Wellbutrin and an SSRI together at another time for depression and anxiety?

Anxiety causes dwelling and I also get depressed. I started Wellbutrin two weeks ago. It's made a huge difference for the depression. But I'm worried that my dwelling won't go away or will get worse --that's what I read about Wellbutrin.

Apparently, a Wellbutrin and Zoloft combo can be a great combo for anxiety/depression; but to be honest I am not willing to deal with the sexual side effects of SSRIs unless it produces a much better result than other options. I don't think BuSpar has such side effects.

Has anyone taken Wellbutrin with BuSpar at one time and Wellbutrin and SSRI at another? Any thoughts?

You might also be interested in:

Posted

Has anyone taken Wellbutrin and BuSpar together at some point as well as Wellbutrin and an SSRI together at another time for depression and anxiety?

Anxiety causes dwelling and I also get depressed. I started Wellbutrin two weeks ago. It's made a huge difference for the depression. But I'm worried that my dwelling won't go away or will get worse --that's what I read about Wellbutrin.

Apparently, a Wellbutrin and Zoloft combo can be a great combo for anxiety/depression; but to be honest I am not willing to deal with the sexual side effects of SSRIs unless it produces a much better result than other options. I don't think BuSpar has such side effects.

Has anyone taken Wellbutrin with BuSpar at one time and Wellbutrin and SSRI at another? Any thoughts?

I just started taking welbutrin two weeks ago, and also taking buspar. I use to take lexapro. I am bi-polar. The welbutrin has really given me allot of energy and i am starting to not experience the deep sighing in my chest (anxiety).. I don't thing the combination of welbrutrin and busipar is ok. I read from a doctor online that the two shouldn't be taken together. So I will see how I do with the anxiety. The buspar is not as addicting as the other meds, so the withdrawal won't be as bad.

Posted

In January I started taking bupropion and within 6 weeks my depression was very well treated, but something else was still hanging over me and kept me from going back to work or leaving the house. I figured out it was an Avoidant flavor of anxiety and talked to the doc about adding prozac as I read it plays well with wellbutrin. After a couple weeks of hell and an INCREASE of anxiety, and then two more weeks of uncertainty, I went back to the doc and he said I looked like a new man. Went back to work and all with no anxiety whatsoever.

No experience with Buspar, but prozac with wellbutrin is a great combo for me, very activating (my depression was the sleep-15-hours-a-day type) and calming of anxiety once the initial adjustment period is over (didn't pass too soon either.. startup on both was really bad for me but I hung in there).

Speaking as a male, wellbutrin didn't have much effect on my libido either way. After prozac was added I have urges less often,but I'm still normally responsive/reactive/functional in every way, with the added benefit of delaying/controlling orgasm. Generally speaking, the wellbutrin counters the negative sexual side-effects of the SSRI, or at least a good deal of it. At 200mg of wellbutrin and 20mg of prozac, reaching orgasm was difficult, but returned to normal when my dose was raised to 300mg/day.