Advertisement
  • No one should be alone in this. We can help.
If you - or someone you know - are having thoughts about suicide, call 1-800-273-TALK (8255). Calls are connected to a certified crisis center nearest the caller's location. Services are available 24 hours a day, seven days a week.                                                                            If you - or someone you know - are having thoughts about suicide, call 1-800-273-TALK (8255). Calls are connected to a certified crisis center nearest the caller's location. Services are available 24 hours a day, seven days a week.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Photo

Wellbutrin/buspar Vs Wellbutrin Ssri (for Anxiety With Depression)

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 handsome

handsome

• Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 15 October 2008 - 07:34 PM

Has anyone taken Wellbutrin and BuSpar together at some point as well as Wellbutrin and an SSRI together at another time for depression and anxiety?

Anxiety causes dwelling and I also get depressed. I started Wellbutrin two weeks ago. It's made a huge difference for the depression. But I'm worried that my dwelling won't go away or will get worse --that's what I read about Wellbutrin.

Apparently, a Wellbutrin and Zoloft combo can be a great combo for anxiety/depression; but to be honest I am not willing to deal with the sexual side effects of SSRIs unless it produces a much better result than other options. I don't think BuSpar has such side effects.

Has anyone taken Wellbutrin with BuSpar at one time and Wellbutrin and SSRI at another? Any thoughts?

#2 joeyd777

joeyd777

Just Registered

• Just Registered
  • 1 posts

Posted 14 June 2009 - 09:08 AM

Has anyone taken Wellbutrin and BuSpar together at some point as well as Wellbutrin and an SSRI together at another time for depression and anxiety?

Anxiety causes dwelling and I also get depressed. I started Wellbutrin two weeks ago. It's made a huge difference for the depression. But I'm worried that my dwelling won't go away or will get worse --that's what I read about Wellbutrin.

Apparently, a Wellbutrin and Zoloft combo can be a great combo for anxiety/depression; but to be honest I am not willing to deal with the sexual side effects of SSRIs unless it produces a much better result than other options. I don't think BuSpar has such side effects.

Has anyone taken Wellbutrin with BuSpar at one time and Wellbutrin and SSRI at another? Any thoughts?

I just started taking welbutrin two weeks ago, and also taking buspar. I use to take lexapro. I am bi-polar. The welbutrin has really given me allot of energy and i am starting to not experience the deep sighing in my chest (anxiety).. I don't thing the combination of welbrutrin and busipar is ok. I read from a doctor online that the two shouldn't be taken together. So I will see how I do with the anxiety. The buspar is not as addicting as the other meds, so the withdrawal won't be as bad.

#3 enclear

enclear

• PipPip
  • 58 posts

Posted 14 June 2009 - 08:47 PM

In January I started taking bupropion and within 6 weeks my depression was very well treated, but something else was still hanging over me and kept me from going back to work or leaving the house. I figured out it was an Avoidant flavor of anxiety and talked to the doc about adding prozac as I read it plays well with wellbutrin. After a couple weeks of hell and an INCREASE of anxiety, and then two more weeks of uncertainty, I went back to the doc and he said I looked like a new man. Went back to work and all with no anxiety whatsoever.

No experience with Buspar, but prozac with wellbutrin is a great combo for me, very activating (my depression was the sleep-15-hours-a-day type) and calming of anxiety once the initial adjustment period is over (didn't pass too soon either.. startup on both was really bad for me but I hung in there).

Speaking as a male, wellbutrin didn't have much effect on my libido either way. After prozac was added I have urges less often,but I'm still normally responsive/reactive/functional in every way, with the added benefit of delaying/controlling orgasm. Generally speaking, the wellbutrin counters the negative sexual side-effects of the SSRI, or at least a good deal of it. At 200mg of wellbutrin and 20mg of prozac, reaching orgasm was difficult, but returned to normal when my dose was raised to 300mg/day.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users