Advertisement

Scheduled Maintenance:

Please be aware that depressionforums will be down for a short period beginning from 02:00 EST (07:00 GMT) on Sunday 21st December for necessary maintenance. We apologise for the inconvenience and it should only take about 45 minutes.

• No one should be alone in this. We can help.
If you - or someone you know - are having thoughts about suicide, call 1-800-273-TALK (8255). Calls are connected to a certified crisis center nearest the caller's location. Services are available 24 hours a day, seven days a week.                                                                            If you - or someone you know - are having thoughts about suicide, call 1-800-273-TALK (8255). Calls are connected to a certified crisis center nearest the caller's location. Services are available 24 hours a day, seven days a week.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Photo

Paying Bills

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

Poll: Paying Bills (11 member(s) have cast votes)

How do you pay your bills when you're depressed?

1. on time (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

2. a few days late (2 votes [18.18%])

Percentage of vote: 18.18%

3. when i remember (7 votes [63.64%])

Percentage of vote: 63.64%

4. automatically (pre payment or automatic deductions) (2 votes [18.18%])

When you're depressed...

1. it's an major effort to deal with the bills (7 votes [63.64%])

Percentage of vote: 63.64%

2. it's a hard, but you manage (2 votes [18.18%])

3. it's like any other time (0 votes [0.00%])

4. someone else does it (0 votes [0.00%])

5. you deal with it when you're better (2 votes [18.18%])

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 babe

babe

ID: 29333

• PipPip
  • 73 posts

Posted 12 October 2008 - 05:11 PM

i don't know about the rest of you, but when I'm feeling down I often forget to pay my bills or just ignore them for days (sometimes weeks). i'm curious how everybody else manages.
"Take a step, the bridge will be there"

#2 Teresaa

Teresaa

ID: 29341

• PipPip
  • 79 posts

Posted 12 October 2008 - 05:45 PM

i don't know about the rest of you, but when I'm feeling down I often forget to pay my bills or just ignore them for days (sometimes weeks). i'm curious how everybody else manages.

I have been late on my bills lately. I have the money in my account. My electrcity bill even has a check filled out and paperclipped it it. I don't think it is late yet, but it has been sitting there for like 2 weeks. I think I got like 2 days. ha haha. I have been horriable. Depresson or ADHD I don't know. They have been running together lately. I just don't care.

#3 justbeingme

justbeingme

ID: 29476

• PipPip
  • 60 posts

Posted 12 October 2008 - 10:05 PM

Bill paying has become a pretty big issue here. The past year I have gotten more either forgetful or not caring about bills getting paid. This is not my guys strong suit and he has been trying to pick up the slack, but with him doing bills we get so many late fees and that just aggravates me. I end up snapping at him... if you would have paid rent on time then you could have bought the stupid game type thing. Last night I was up most the night and did look at some of the stuff we owe versus our income, and I can not pinpoint when things got this bad. The hard part is I really don't want to try to even start to fix it. I am mad that he couldn't help with it. I am mad that I didn't do it.

#4 palabravampiress

palabravampiress

ID: 29122

• Pip
  • 48 posts

Posted 12 October 2008 - 10:10 PM

Paying bills is a big challenge for me. Not only do I see how much our financial situation has deteriorated since I became depressed, how little I am contributing to the household with my meager income, and how much my medical bills are costing us, but I am also faced with a few official, come-in-the-mail type of issues that I have let go during my Depression. Most days, it's all I can manage to go to work, then go home and do my leg exercises, and then crawl into bed in exhaustion. On my days off, I try to catch up on chores so as not to live in a pig sty. Twice a month or so, I usually manage to make time to collect the mail and pay the rent, electric, etc. on time. I leave those scary, anxiety-causing matters for when I'm better, though.

I'm getting better. I'm accomplishing more per day, taking less time off work, going out with friends more often, etc. Things are improving. I'm still not up to my usual workload, though. Most days, what's waiting for me in the mailbox still just isn't as pressing as the work of just getting through the day. Until I can get through the day to day, I just have to accept that some lesser priorities are going to fall through the cracks for awhile.

#5 nealy

nealy

Silver Member

ID: 27607

• Silver Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 959 posts

Posted 12 October 2008 - 10:14 PM

I just try to ignore my bills sometimes ... pretend they aren't there. I will wait until the last possible second to pay something .... like my electricity is scheduled to be turned off in 3 days due to non payment and I will probably wait until the very last possible day to pay it. It's probably a very stupid idea because once I pay it, I am already going to owe next months. I fricken hate bills :hearts:

-Nealy

Be strong now because things will get better. It might be stormy now, but it can't rain forever.

Posted Image

#6 Chenderson

Chenderson

ID: 27060

• PipPipPip
  • 236 posts

Posted 12 October 2008 - 10:15 PM

I'll get a job for a while, go crazy and lose my job or quit. So I pay my bills when I'm working, rent, utilities until I can afford the other ones, cell phone, ect. I havent payed my school loan or credit card debts for about 6 months. Wow that made me feel pretty bad thinking about that. Maybe one day I can pay them off, maybe I'll file bankrupcy. I only owe like 5 grand now, but I'm broke and in a bad situation.

BILLS SUCK!!!
But I love internet a roof over my head and having the ability to talk to my family on the other side of the country.
I don't care to much for reality, but it's the only place to get a decent steak.

#7 Isabeau

Isabeau

ID: 17697

• Platinum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,570 posts

Posted 17 October 2008 - 04:31 PM

When I am down and out like I have been the last few weeks, I just dont pay them, I dont really care, I figure whats the point at that time. But once I get back on track and feel better I feel bad that I havent so pay all as soon as I can so I dont get down about owing people money,

Isabeau :hearts:

IS-A-BOW
AJ

We're our own dragons as well as our own heroes,
and we have to rescue ourselves from ourselves.

#8 simpleblue

simpleblue

ID: 24586

• PipPip
  • 63 posts

Posted 17 October 2008 - 05:09 PM

i don't even look at bills. i just throw them out. for all i know i could be paying for something i didn't even order. i could just care less. it stresses me to think about it. so i don't.
Posted ImagePosted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users