Advertisement
  • No one should be alone in this. We can help.
If you - or someone you know - are having thoughts about suicide, call 1-800-273-TALK (8255). Calls are connected to a certified crisis center nearest the caller's location. Services are available 24 hours a day, seven days a week.                                                                            If you - or someone you know - are having thoughts about suicide, call 1-800-273-TALK (8255). Calls are connected to a certified crisis center nearest the caller's location. Services are available 24 hours a day, seven days a week.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Photo

Depression Journal

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 DarkSideoftheMoon

DarkSideoftheMoon

• PipPip
  • 73 posts

Posted 23 August 2008 - 07:17 AM

Does anyone keep a depression journal, or just a journal of their thoughts? I've tried starting one, but I can't seem to get my words right or really express what I want to say. Can anyone help?

#2 Isabeau

Isabeau

• Platinum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,570 posts

Posted 23 August 2008 - 07:33 AM

Yep sure do, well have given up on it too, but being doing it for a while and it really helps once you start to use it more and more.

I tried just doing the write things out and keep it all neat and tidy, but it didnt reall work for me.

I write more in note form and some time there are drawings of how (well smiley's anyway) I feel or I write words really large and bold, because thats how I feel. On a good day it will be all neat and tidy and written well but on a bad day its like a giant abstract of words and pictures. Sometimes I just write a word in the middle and put arrows out of it with thoughts. Others days, I might write it in dark bold red, because I am angry or on other days, all coloured. This is way works for me.

There is no right or wrong way, its your personal journey, just got to find a way that works for you.
HUGS
Isabeau :hearts:

IS-A-BOW
© AJ

We're our own dragons as well as our own heroes,
and we have to rescue ourselves from ourselves.

#3 Magicseaweed

Magicseaweed

Advanced Member

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 355 posts

Posted 23 August 2008 - 12:09 PM

Yes, I use mine as an art journal so it has random lots of images cut out from books, color or drawings, and I do random things like burn the edges of the paper etc.

#4 Sula

Sula

• PipPip
  • 67 posts

Posted 23 August 2008 - 12:40 PM

I used to keep one. Its messy, whats written there often does not make any real sense, its just current emotions, what IŽm afraid, what goes through my head at the moment, how am I going to make it through the day; I talked to myself in thisr person, in "me" form, I was someone else in some other time/planet/life etc. etc. It was all rather schizophrenic (no offense, I canŽt find a better word to describe it). Honestly, there is no specific form for a diary like that. You just start doing it and after a while youŽll see how it turned out. I had a notebook with white pages and a really pretty picture on it. And a lock :hearts: You know, the kind of diary little girl would buy.
Hedgehog. No, Really. With barbed-wire

#5 Sheepwoman

Sheepwoman

Administrative Mod/Coordinator

• Admin Team- Mod/Administrator
  • 27,603 posts

Posted 24 August 2008 - 09:12 AM

J kept journals for years and still have all of them. It's a great way to release the bad thoughts or express the good ones. Some days it would be one word; otherdays it would be pages. You don't have to write it in everyday. You don't have to be organized with your thoughts, put down whatever comes in your head. The only one reading it will be you (unless you want to share it with your tdoc) so it doesn't always have to make sense. Use a pencil or a ball-point pen as the pressure as you write will also help you.

You have enough posts to start a blog here. You may want to consider starting one..
Sheepwoman
It is not the life I lived; but the life I leave behind. Posted Image
Sheepwoman

God will give you no more than you can handle. This is all a test to see if you are really ready for the good things that are going to come your way. All this pain is going to come back and make me stronger.-Clarence Clemmons 1942-2011

Everything I know, I know because I love. Leo Tolstoy War and Peace

#6 fuzz963

fuzz963

• PipPip
  • 61 posts

Posted 24 August 2008 - 09:56 AM

I think I'm going to give this a shot. Maybe it will help keep my thoughts organized.
Man is equally incapable of seeing the nothingness from which he emerges and the infinity in which he is engulfed. ~Blaise Pascal

#7 rehill

rehill

Advanced Member

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 283 posts

Posted 24 August 2008 - 11:25 AM

I have kept journals for years, and I too keep them all. I am currently on about volume 15 or 16. I write every day, sometimes just a sentence or two, sometimes pages. I write about the thoughts, feelings and emothions of the day. Or sometimes it is just a paragraph of what I did today. But I find that when times are really bad I can go back in my journals and read the enrties from when I was doing better, and it reminds me that not every day is totally horrible. It has been very therapeutic for me and I would never give it up. Remember it is a personal thing, whatever you want it to be.

Edited by rehill, 24 August 2008 - 11:26 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users