How Long Did Zoloft Take To Work?   136 members have voted

1. 1. How Long Did Zoloft Take To Work?

• 1 Week
    • 2 Weeks
    • 3 Weeks
    • 4 Weeks
    • 5 Weeks
    • 6 Weeks or More

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

109 posts in this topic

Posted

I've been very pleased w/ how fast Zoloft has kicked in following dosage changes. Yay Zoloft!!

:hearts:

Please continue keeping us up-to-date, Deet.

:bump:

You might also be interested in:

Posted

I am currently on Zoloft for the 3rd week,...and I only noticed an improvement about 3 days ago...just felt like I had more hope and I never worried so much

Posted

That's great that you're seeing improvement at three weeks - keep us posted on how you're doing!

Take care,

Dewayne

Posted

I think it took one week to start working and four weeks till it really kicked in.

Posted

It took a long while for it to kick in for me, def more than 6 weeks. I still get down now, but have started a new dose (100MG) today!

Posted

I have ups and downs at different times of the year, and because of different situational stressors, so my doc works with me to keep my mood maintained by adjusting my dose. A lot of people think AD's are "happy pills," but they don't make you happy, they just allow you to experience a normal range of emotion. I think we all still get sad on AD's, but it's definitely a different sadness from depression for me.

Take care,

Dewayne

Posted

I started on 50mg for 3 weeks and then upped to 100mg. I voted for +6 weeks because, while I felt some effects within a couple of days of starting the drug, I don't think it settled into place until about 6 weeks. I had a few side effects during that time which seem to have all gone away. During the first 6 weeks I could definitely tell I was taking a med by the weird effects I was feeling. Lately, I don't feel like I'm taking a drug anymore, I feel that good.

Posted

I've been on Zoloft for a massive 5 days now and I can honestly say I started to feel better today. My concerntration level has increased dramatically (4 days ago I couldn't even watch a whole commercial on TV without losing concerntration), my anxiety is decreasing and apart from still trying to struggle to get my appetite back I feel better.

I do honestly hope for a continued improvement and very strongly believe that the effect I'm feeling is definitely a "mind over matter" thing. I think I'm past the stage of getting severe side effects (which caused me great concern when taking the first dose) and the mere fact that I know I'm getting help is what is making me feel better.

There are ups and downs daily but when I was first told I wouldn't feel any improvement for 6 weeks I almost lost hope and wondered whether it was worth it.

So it's fantastic that I'm feeling better already and I hope anyone who is thinking about starting Zoloft will take heart from the fact that you don't need to wait 6 weeks to feel anything. It's a progressive improvment so there is definitely hope for us all!!!

Good luck to you all.

Posted

Hi SkinnyNScared,

It's great that you're seeing improvement so quickly! I noticed a little change early on, but the big improvement came after about two to three weeks if I remember correctly. Just pay attention to how you feel, and stay in touch with your doctor!

Take care,

Dewayne

Posted

I just started half pills yesterday.. This is my first medication, and I'm hoping this site will help guide me through what to expect. I am on half pills of 50mg for 4 days then up to a full 50mg pill. I see my doc again in 3 weeks to check up on it.

Yesterday I did feel a little better, but it was more of a glimmer of hope kind of thing. I know it wasn't the meds. I am so hopeful that this may be the answer to help me. Yet scared that it will not, and I will be stuck like this forever. I've been dealing with it for at least 15-18 years with no help, but I need to kick this depression.

I will keep tabs here, and I'd like to document any changes I have gone through over time.. maybe it will help others deal with this problem.

Posted

Of course, keep us posted - starting up on meds can be very scary, especially when you read the side effects. But most of them go away with time, and besides, those lists are just lists of possible SE's, and I've never heard of anyone having them all. Listen to what your body tells you, and stay in touch with your doc, and hopefully you'll see improvement soon.

Take care,

Dewayne

Posted

Of course, keep us posted - starting up on meds can be very scary, especially when you read the side effects. But most of them go away with time, and besides, those lists are just lists of possible SE's, and I've never heard of anyone having them all. Listen to what your body tells you, and stay in touch with your doc, and hopefully you'll see improvement soon.

Take care,

Dewayne

You know.. Today was a strange one for me. I felt good.. I was in a good mood.. I had a situation that normally would have gotten me very annoyed and crabby, and it didn't bother me.

Could this be the meds? I don't know.. but it was strange, and it felt good. I smiled.. a real smile.. not the normal fake ones.. If this is a sign of things to come, I am so relieved, and maybe I can actually come out of this.

I'm not going to get my hopes up just yet, but I am going to continue on this path, and see where it leads. I start my full dose Saturday, and plan to just stay home just in case I have some SE's.. but I am kind of looking foward to it in a strange way.. Sort of like the next step down the road to recovery.

Posted

Hey JerseyRob,

For me, and I think for most people, I started having a few good moments here and there, then a good day here and there, and then a few days, and so on, until at about six to eight weeks I was almost stabilized at "normal," whatever that means, LOL! It is a gradual process, and I remember getting really upset when I'd have a good moment or good day, and then feel bad again. I was so afraid of relapsing, but over time I realized that I was continually improving, and stopped myself from worrying about sliding back into depression. In other words, enjoy the good times, and expect them to become more and more prevalent on your road to recovery - BUT! Don't get upset when you get down again. It's a normal part of the process, and you will get through it.

I do hope you don't have any SE's, but for me, the SE's of meds are far, far, better than the SE's of depression.

Take care,

Dewayne

SciGale likes this

Posted

Hey JerseyRob,

For me, and I think for most people, I started having a few good moments here and there, then a good day here and there, and then a few days, and so on, until at about six to eight weeks I was almost stabilized at "normal," whatever that means, LOL! It is a gradual process, and I remember getting really upset when I'd have a good moment or good day, and then feel bad again. I was so afraid of relapsing, but over time I realized that I was continually improving, and stopped myself from worrying about sliding back into depression. In other words, enjoy the good times, and expect them to become more and more prevalent on your road to recovery - BUT! Don't get upset when you get down again. It's a normal part of the process, and you will get through it.

I do hope you don't have any SE's, but for me, the SE's of meds are far, far, better than the SE's of depression.

Take care,

Dewayne

Today is my first official decent day since starting back on my Zoloft religiously without missing any.....I mean I'm nowhere near great, but I'm functioning which is far better than where I was just a few days ago.....

Zoloft makes me feel like me again.....and thank GOD for that or it's hard to say where I'd be.

Posted

I always say the meds don't change me, they counteract my depression so I can be me. I'm glad you're seeing some improvement, and I hope it continues!

Keep us posted on your recovery proloz!

Take care,

Dewayne

Posted

on the 7th day an extreme happiness feeling punch me..then back to depression.

next days the same. around the first month it change to a constantly better state (more like myold self..not like the "manias" i was having. but still was getting a lot of depressed feelings). now going to 3rd month and one week on 200mg..and getting better and better...

trapped in a box likes this

Posted

I have been taking Zoloft for two weeks. I am on 200mg, and I started feeling better after a few days. However, only my depression got better. Now, after two weeks, my anxiety is slightly improving. I won't judge the medication completely until I've been on it for two months or so.

Posted

How long did Zoloft take to work on all of you?

for me, i started at out 100 mg and it took about 2 to 3 weeks for the symptons to wear off. i had the worst headaches of my life and was very restless but as soon as the medicine started working i felt great. i think it blocked all my emotions for the entire time i was on it, but that's better than crying all the time. when i got up to 200 mg a day i literally felt numb but was happy so i stayed on it for up to 2 years. it takes a while for it to adjust to your system. just stick to it though and don't quit unless the symptons don't wear off in about 4 months. the headaches usally go away after a few days.

Posted

I am on day 9 and feeling ever so slightly better. Fleeting moments of feeling normal. Sure hope it goes up from here.... Best of luck to you on Zoloft..

Posted

I am on day 9 and feeling ever so slightly better. Fleeting moments of feeling normal. Sure hope it goes up from here.... Best of luck to you on Zoloft..

I'm on day 14 and feel a lot like you. I feel better but not quite great. I did notice an improvement in the first few days. I want it to work now, but I'm learning there is no quick fix. My doctors suggested I go up to 100mg from the 50 I started at in about a week I just hope it doesn't increase any side effects.

Much love and luck :hearts:

Posted

This is just short of 2 weeks for me. I think I am barely sensing some small relief from the anxiety but it still hasn't effected the depression too much. It has made me very tired though. I pretty much sleep all day long. Just headed out to get a new puppy.. Maybe that will put a smile on my face... Sure hope I get some relief soon.

Rod

Posted

It is day 5 for me on Zoloft. I felt a real difference today. I even made some jokes in a meeting at work today and I haven't done that in a long time. I hope it continues to get better, maybe my dose will be increased at my next pdoc appointment. I still wish I had better focus, hopefully that will improve soon. :hearts:

Posted

I dont think it worked for me.

Posted

Posted