How Long Did Zoloft Take To Work?   137 members have voted

1. 1. How Long Did Zoloft Take To Work?

• 1 Week
    • 2 Weeks
    • 3 Weeks
    • 4 Weeks
    • 5 Weeks
    • 6 Weeks or More

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

109 posts in this topic

Posted

Advertisement

How long did Zoloft take to work on all of you?

You might also be interested in:

Posted

I voted 4 weeks, because that is when the zoloft seemed to be working fully for me. However, I did notice slight improvement within the first week - kind of just a feeling that things were starting to lighten up. Could have been more of a placebo effect or just relief from knowing I was getting help. Anyway, it took about 1 month for me to feel like it was really doing something.

Posted (edited)

I too noticed a difference after 1 week. However, it wasn't until 5-6 weeks that I felt more like 'my ol' self'. The biggest difference after one week was feeling like I could bounce back from things more quickly.

Edited by PapaQ

Posted

Took me 6 weeks at a huge dosage (400 mg). Then again, I had what the doctor said was the most severe case of depression she'd ever seen. . .

TotoroHat likes this

Posted

I was taking prozac for 5 months before starting zoloft. I found that within the first few days I was feeling back to my old self. I am hoping that it will get better as I keep taking them.

Posted

Good luck, Clover! Keep us posted on how you are doing.

Karen

Posted

About 4 weeks.

Posted

I feel its effects almost immediately, but this time around it took 2 weeks to really kick in. Before it may have been longer or shorter that that.

Posted

o.0;; Well... After I took 1/2 of the 50mg pill... After too hours, I gotten extreme headaches, wanting to vomit, pain all over... Just MOST of the side effects you can think one. And thats like the 1st time I took it. I guess it didnt kick in now did it...

Posted

IceColdMemories,

That stinks, that you had such a violent, quick reaction to zoloft. I hope you work with your doctor to find something that will help you without all the problems!

Karen

Posted (edited)

I

Edited by chariots

Posted

For me, there was just a teeny, tiny kick...more like a slight feeling of hope that something was going to get better...after a few days or at least within the first week of starting the med. Perhaps it was just the placebo effect, or the hope of knowing that finally I was doing something about trying to get better.

Real, noticeable improvement, though, probably took a good month for me. Everyone is SO different! It could take a couple of weeks or even (sadly) a couple of months to get the full effect of the AD. I hope you will hang in there a bit longer. Keep in touch with your doctor, and if you really are not noticing any change at all after 6 weeks at the 50mg dose, you probably want to discuss making a change.

Keep in touch!

Karen

Posted

I'm not sure if I'm remembering this completely accurately (since this was seven years ago), but I'm pretty sure it kicked in almost immediately for me. But then again, I'm an anomaly in that my body reacts amazingly quickly to any sort of medication.

Posted

I really didn't get full effect until 4 weeks. I was started on 25mg, after 2 days raised to 50mg, 3 days up to 75mg, 3 days 100mg, until I reached 150mg ( i got side effects not listed at that dose) and was then lowered to 100mg. I truly did not get the full effects until 4 weeks had passed and only recall a slight improvement at the lower doses. I had not been on an AD for 4 years, so this was an emergency start up at the hospital for me. I also had a second AD added while I was there for sleep.

I am doing well on the 100mg dose.

Sheepwoman :hearts:

TotoroHat likes this

Posted

I am looking to take Zoloft for a more excellerated recovery to depression and SA.

Posted

Took me 6 weeks at a huge dosage (400 mg). Then again, I had what the doctor said was the most severe case of depression she'd ever seen. . .

Oh my... You are extreme baby! On the leaflet of Zoloft in Poland it is written that the maximum dose is 200mg. I wonder why.. Maybe because one doesn't have to take more than 200mg to get the positive effects and the bigger dose gives you only more side effects.. What do you think?

Posted

I began taking Zoloft nine days ago and am already beginning to feel the effects. Actually I began to feel it a few days after I began in the form of less social anxiety. Things are shaping up already, now it's just a matter of waiting to get the full effect and personal initiative to change my outlook on life.

Posted

It took me about 4 weeks on the Zoloft before it fully kicked in. I'm on 75mg, and that level is working very well for me at the moment. My tendency to panic in public is gone, and I can actually ride the subways again. And I'm not as prone to dwell on my disturbing obsessive thoughts. So, thus far, I'm a walking picture of success for Zoloft!

-Ari

Posted

I'm used to swapping pils - "...this doesn't ork. Let's try another.." since my early meonpause and later, a total hysterectomy. For me, Zologt way less than a week to start feeling more - human. It's now been six weeks and I"m feeling oh so fine. Before I stated Zoloft, I never smiled, jokes were never uttered by me. Now that's different. I actually sleep at night like a normal person, I laught, I giggle, I tell jokes, play pranks... It was commented by a LOT of people that I was a lot nicer, easy to approach. Basically I was emotionally flatline and it took me a er lot of years to figure that out.

I think this is going to be one of those, "...each person reacts differently..." scenes.

Cheers!

Cazzie

brown mouse likes this

Posted

it took the full 8 wks for me but im just glad it works

Posted

it took the full 8 wks for me but im just glad it works

Jumbled:

I'm happy to hear that Zoloft is working for you.

Keep us posted.

-Bean

Posted

:hearts: Thankx Bean

Posted

Heather:

Anytime.

:hearts:

-Bean

Posted

For me it took about 2 weeks. I understand it depends on the individual at least that is what was told.

Posted

I felt it start at one week, but voted for three weeks because that was the real turning point for me. I've been very pleased w/ how fast Zoloft has kicked in following dosage changes. Yay Zoloft!!