• Announcements

• Lindsay

Depression Forums Are Back Online!   02/09/2016

Hello Members! Please understand that this upgrade was huge and is a process that will be ongoing for a tad longer. Somethings may not seem 'right' or look a bit 'strange' at the moment, such as your profile page or "Quotes" etc.. Some things may not work as expected... for the time being, but please appreciate that we have to prioritize function over appearance. Eventually DF will all come together and be wonderful! It will be as if nothing had ever changed... Tomorrow we will have a Forum set up for members to answer any questions that you may have about the upgrade. We really appreciate all of your feedback! Your Forum Administrators
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
heatherdn

Can Zoloft Make Depression Worse?

4 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post  

Hi again....

So my doc wanted me to increase my Zoloft to 100mg and start taking it at night. So I did that. The first night I took 100mg was Friday and I slept 18 hours and work up feeling super groggy and tired all day. Last night I took another 100mg and slept another 13 hours and woke up feeling just as groggy, except today the random crying spells started again and I bawled and basically had a mini breakdown for about 3 hours. Is this something that happens with increased dosages?

Thanks,

Heather

Posted · Report post  

Hi again....

So my doc wanted me to increase my Zoloft to 100mg and start taking it at night. So I did that. The first night I took 100mg was Friday and I slept 18 hours and work up feeling super groggy and tired all day. Last night I took another 100mg and slept another 13 hours and woke up feeling just as groggy, except today the random crying spells started again and I bawled and basically had a mini breakdown for about 3 hours. Is this something that happens with increased dosages?

Thanks,

Heather

i've been on 100 mg for about 2 months now and It didnt really effect me at first and I felt just as bad but it started to get better and Im feeling a lot better now. Give it time but there will be ups and downs on the way. At first it takes a while to really kick in but talk to your doctor if it doesnt start working after a week or so.

Posted · Report post  

Hang in there hun. Its a struggle but worth the wait!

Posted · Report post  

I'm on about 150 Mgs of Sertraline, and I have to say, I'm about the same as you.

It gets a bit better after a few weeks, but alot better after a month or two.

heatherdn likes this