Advertisement

Scheduled Maintenance:

Please be aware that depressionforums will be down for a short period beginning from 02:00 EST (07:00 GMT) on Sunday 21st December for necessary maintenance. We apologise for the inconvenience and it should only take about 45 minutes.

• No one should be alone in this. We can help.
If you - or someone you know - are having thoughts about suicide, call 1-800-273-TALK (8255). Calls are connected to a certified crisis center nearest the caller's location. Services are available 24 hours a day, seven days a week.                                                                            If you - or someone you know - are having thoughts about suicide, call 1-800-273-TALK (8255). Calls are connected to a certified crisis center nearest the caller's location. Services are available 24 hours a day, seven days a week.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Photo

Lamictal AND Lithium together?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 LAS

LAS

Advanced Member

ID: 1597

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 293 posts

Posted 27 September 2005 - 04:23 PM

Has anyone tried Lamictal AND Lithium together for depression?  My Pdoc is out of town for the next two weeks, when I saw him last he gave me buspar to boost my Lamictal, then a script for Lithium if the Buspar hadn't helped by 9/30, to quit taking the Buspar and start the Lithium.  Has anyone ever heard of this?  Don't you have to have blood tests with the Lithium?  How is this combination supposed to help?? :hearts:
"Love's A State of Mind" - SN

#2 AngelWithin

AngelWithin

Platinum Member

ID: 555

• Platinum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,050 posts

Posted 08 November 2005 - 05:39 PM

Las,
I had written a reply before but i think it got lost when the new board stuff was going on.
I do take Lithium and Lamictal together.
So far, it is fine.
Lamictal helps with my depression as I cannot take SSRI'S.
I don't take a big dose because my hair tends to fall out ( with ALL anti-seizure meds) but..it seems to help me to not fall into that deep dark place.

#3 Don't Tell

Don't Tell

ID: 2055

• PipPip
  • 66 posts

Posted 08 November 2005 - 07:59 PM

I'm on both meds and they seem to do well together, although I am also on lots of other meds. You do need the Lithium levels done though which is a pain. I have had some mood troubles and anxiety problems but doc didn't mention that it could be from the Lithium and Lamictal blend.
To be alone is to be different, to be different is to be alone.
Suzanne Gordon, Lonely in America, 1976

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users