Advertisement
  • No one should be alone in this. We can help.
If you - or someone you know - are having thoughts about suicide, call 1-800-273-TALK (8255). Calls are connected to a certified crisis center nearest the caller's location. Services are available 24 hours a day, seven days a week.                                                                            If you - or someone you know - are having thoughts about suicide, call 1-800-273-TALK (8255). Calls are connected to a certified crisis center nearest the caller's location. Services are available 24 hours a day, seven days a week.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Photo

Zoloft Or Cymbalta??? Which Is More Effective

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 HOPEFULHEART3

HOPEFULHEART3

Just Registered

• Just Registered
  • 1 posts

Posted 02 May 2008 - 11:04 PM

I am considering switching to cymbalta. I have been on 50mg of zoloft per day since being diagnosed with PPD in January of this year. I have heard some horror stories with both, and wondering which would be more effective long term. If anyone else suffers from this, and has used both meds...or knows someone who has switched from zoloft to cymbalta...let me know what SE's they experienced and if it was worth the switch. :hearts:

#2 MSGuy

MSGuy

• Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 03 May 2008 - 01:39 PM

I am diagnosed with GAD and depression, once BIpolar. So I have been on almost every med possible. So lets see If I can help. WIth me, when I took Zoloft it was very ineffective, actually made me very angry. I tapered and changed to Effexor then to Cymbalta. Cymbalta worked very slowly on me, taking about 1 month to see any dramatic effect. Over the month, gradually I started to improve. Now I feel great, no depression or anxiety. No side effects for me, maybe a little upset stomach at first but it went away. Dont get me wrong it does work and works well, it just takes time and maybe a little dosage tinkering. I am on 120mg a day. Hope this helps.

J

Edited by MSGuy, 03 May 2008 - 02:31 PM.

#3 Burgy

Burgy

Platinum Member

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,824 posts

Posted 03 May 2008 - 03:16 PM

Cymbalta worked very slowly on me, taking about 1 month to see any dramatic effect.

That's pretty quick in the world of antidepressants! It often takes a full 2 months to notice a significant change. Glad to hear Cymbalta is working so well for you. Hopefully H3 will have success with it, too!
Posted Image We are what we think. All that we are arises with our thoughts. With our thoughts, we make the world. ~Buddha

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users