Advertisement
  • No one should be alone in this. We can help.
If you - or someone you know - are having thoughts about suicide, call 1-800-273-TALK (8255). Calls are connected to a certified crisis center nearest the caller's location. Services are available 24 hours a day, seven days a week.                                                                            If you - or someone you know - are having thoughts about suicide, call 1-800-273-TALK (8255). Calls are connected to a certified crisis center nearest the caller's location. Services are available 24 hours a day, seven days a week.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Photo

Worsening Of Depression Upon Starting Wellbutrin

• Please log in to reply
172 replies to this topic

#81 John D

John D

• PipPip
  • 99 posts

Posted 10 August 2010 - 12:43 PM

Fenix,

Just checking in to see how you're doing. You're getting close to 7 weeks now and I was wondering if it kicked in for you yet.

Hope to hear from you.

#82 Fenix03

Fenix03

• Pip
  • 30 posts

Posted 10 August 2010 - 07:07 PM

Gaaaah. This seems so hopeless!

7 Weeks! I still feel empty, worthless. Like a ghost. Thoughts of dying, thoughts of sleeping and never waking up.

I don't have hope that this depression will leave. It seems so hopeless!!

My brain's in a fog all day long, I feel slow and stupid and useless!!

That's how I'm doing.. How are you doing Coyote?? Are you doing better??

I really don't want to switch medication.. but 7 weeks.. maybe I'll give it one more.

They say the darkest hour comes before the dawn.

#83 John D

John D

• PipPip
  • 99 posts

Posted 11 August 2010 - 12:21 PM

Fenix,

Sorry you're still having a rough go of it. In this thread I saw that some people didn't get benefit til 10 or 11 weeks. Seems a hellish sentence to wait that long, but who knows.

Me, I'm at 8 weeks now. 300mg XL and a hefty dose of Remeron at night. I always feel best in the morning, before I dose. I feel pretty good then. After dosing the WB, it always fuzzies up my thinking a bit around a half hour to 45 minutes after taking it, and that feeling stays around but wears off in about an hour.

I've had a couple of bad nights recently. My depression always seems worse at night. I too, have felt like this just isn't going to work sometimes, but I'm sticking with it until my next pdoc appt (30th of this month). At that point, I'll be at around 11 weeks, so I'll know whether I want to try to up the WB to 450mg, or just quit it altogether. I don't feel horrible during the daytime, I just don't feel good (and I still isolate, mostly).

Hoping it turns around for you soon. You think you can stick with it another 3 weeks? We can try to do it together.

#84 Fenix03

Fenix03

• Pip
  • 30 posts

Posted 11 August 2010 - 12:50 PM

I'm not giving up so easily haha. I can't. I'll wait 3 months. I think I'm reacting very very slowly to it.

Besides, I'm not taking any other AD I'd like to keep my sex drive/waistline haha.

We'll keep going together and I'll keep you posted if anything changes.

#85 John D

John D

• PipPip
  • 99 posts

Posted 11 August 2010 - 04:12 PM

I'm actually pretty darned dispirited today. Thinking it's pointless to continue this med trial. I'll try for another 3 weeks, but jeez, this is tough sledding. Will I ever feel good?

#86 Fenix03

Fenix03

• Pip
  • 30 posts

Posted 11 August 2010 - 05:37 PM

I hear you..

It doesn't help having people tell me I should quit meds and have faith in God..

Although faith in God is good to have..

All day today I've been in a fog. Not depressed and hurting, yet unable to function or move properly.

Anyway, let's get through the day. Talk to you tomorrow.

#87 John D

John D

• PipPip
  • 99 posts

Posted 12 August 2010 - 03:24 PM

Funny thing, as poorly as I felt earlier yesterday, last night I felt the best I have in some time, and feeling decent today too. Keeping my fingers crossed.

#88 Fenix03

Fenix03

• Pip
  • 30 posts

Posted 12 August 2010 - 04:15 PM

Yeah.. I woke up this morning pretty optimistic, ready for the day.

Once I got out into public my anxiety kicked in full force and I had to drive home.. Man, if it's not one thing it's the other. I'm thinking about starting BuSpar but the start up may furthur my depression. I'm seeing a doc on tuesday, so we'll talk about it.

#89 John D

John D

• PipPip
  • 99 posts

Posted 12 August 2010 - 07:19 PM

If I had to guess, I'd say your anxiety will be abating soon. Mine has only recently started to, but I'll take whatever progress I can get. Today I ran several errands. Until recently, particularly since I started the med trials, doing those things seemed really daunting. A couple of times at the store I had super high anxiety. Today, no big deal. I just did the stuff. Not counting any chickens yet though.

Edited by Coyote, 12 August 2010 - 07:25 PM.

#90 Fenix03

Fenix03

• Pip
  • 30 posts

Posted 14 August 2010 - 12:04 PM

It's working!!! 8 weeks and it's working!! :Coopyahoo:

But I still gotta get something for anxiety, I'm thinking 10mg of Celexa.

#91 John D

John D

• PipPip
  • 99 posts

Posted 14 August 2010 - 03:10 PM

It's working!!! 8 weeks and it's working!! :Coopyahoo:

But I still gotta get something for anxiety, I'm thinking 10mg of Celexa.

That's awesome! Super happy for you. Has it been working for a few days in a row?

#92 Fenix03

Fenix03

• Pip
  • 30 posts

Posted 14 August 2010 - 06:01 PM

Yeah 2 days, but I'm positive it's working I can feel it. It's the anxiety that sucks. Public speaking, and simply being around other people is pretty overwhelming. My chest feels like it's caving in around people. But whatever, in my opinion it's 10000000000 X's better than the depression I was in.

How about you Coyote? Another good day?

#93 John D

John D

• PipPip
  • 99 posts

Posted 15 August 2010 - 12:08 PM

How about you Coyote? Another good day?

Nah, seem to have backtracked the last couple of days. Still hanging in until pdoc appt in two weeks. We shall see.

It's very cool that you're turning a corner though. Your idea about possibly adding some SSRI is probably a good one (or Buspar). Who knows, though, maybe the anxiety will resolve on its own too.

#94 Fenix03

Fenix03

• Pip
  • 30 posts

Posted 16 August 2010 - 10:54 AM

4 consecutive days of feeling great :smilingteeth: Thought I'd give an update.

I've never really thought about my future or anything because I've never cared, but I'm thinking I might get into Psychology!! It'd be great to be an addictions counsellor, or a clinical psychologist! To help people with the same struggles I've had.

#95 John D

John D

• PipPip
  • 99 posts

Posted 16 August 2010 - 12:03 PM

What's pretty cool about your update, Fenix, is that you are now one of the stories that inspires others as they muddle through start up problems. Eight weeks to work for you, and then it clicked on, so to speak.

I had an improved day yesterday, but nothing I'd call great yet, like you're experiencing. I'll take improvement though.

#96 lmaosuine

lmaosuine

• Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 20 August 2010 - 05:56 AM

Hey guys, I started wb a little over a week ago. I'm also on 15mg of remeron each night and 15mg of buspar twice a day. My starting dose of the wb was 150 xl each day for a week, now its 300 a day. No honeymoon period at all. I was on paxil for a few months and it worked great. It really helped me with anxiety, which is the main reason I started meds in the first place. Unfortunately, I quit because the sexual side effects were just too much. I've had the electric shocks and they are no fun.

Ever since I quit the paxil I've been on remeron. I actually started it while I was still on the pail and it immediately helped my sex drive but seemed to make the paxil less effective. I tried 30mg of the remeron but this was at the same time I was getting the shocks and didn't know they were from the paxil, so my doc brought me back down to 15mg.

Anyways, so far I've had no honeymoon, only increased irritability and amplified emotions, not in a good way either. My anxiety is back even though I feel like the paxil taught me a lot. I know how to think but I can't help feeling anxious anyways. And I've been depressed before, but when I started the paxil I wasn't very depressed, it was for anxiety. However, as time goes by my depression has increasingly getting worse, and since I've started the wb its been pretty bad, especially because I can't sleep anymore. The remeron really improved the quality of my sleep and appetite at first, but these effects have gone away, even before I started the wb.

What should I do? I really am not down to spend 7 more weeks like this to see if it works. Would anyone suggest an maoi? An ssri with little to no sexual side effects? My doctor is hesitant to prescribe any benzos to me, which is unfortunate bc they actually work for anxiety, unlike buspar.

Well I just wanted to vent in here bc I'm frustrated about the wb. I thought it was a stimulant and gave at least some immediate reaction, but so for it honestly just seems to be making things worse and not really doing anything else except making me overly emotional. Later fellow WBer's

Edited by lmaosuine, 20 August 2010 - 05:58 AM.

#97 John D

John D

• PipPip
  • 99 posts

Posted 20 August 2010 - 09:56 AM

Welcome, Lmaosuine,

If you read through this entire thread, you'll probably note that there were several people who had a difficult start up period, thought of quitting, but kept taking it, to later have it kick in and work nicely.

I guess only you can know if the side effects are so problematic that you can't continue. I'm over two months into WB, and I found that the anxiety has pretty much gone now (in the last two weeks).

Some people add low dose SSRI to their WB to counter anxiety and it works well for them. WB is known to enhance libido, so maybe adding a bit of SSRI (if you've got some Paxil left) to the WB could smooth out your ride, and the WB would cancel out Paxil's sexual side effects.

Anyway, at only a week into the WB trial, it's not at all uncommon to be feeling mostly (if not all) side effects. They do go away with time. Also, you can cut down or eliminate caffeine while on WB. I was taking Remeron to help with depression and sleep, but I found that while on WB, Remeron just doesn't put me to sleep (plus, I wanted to eat everything not nailed down and put on a couple of pounds). Now I just use very low dose Ambien (I break a tab in half), and 1/4 tab of Trazodone and the last couple of nights I've slept better (knocking on wood).

An aside, I find that WB helps with concentration too.

Good luck with whatever you decide to do.

#98 lmaosuine

lmaosuine

• Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 20 August 2010 - 02:25 PM

Hey Coyote,

Thanks for your reply. I did read through the entire thread, and I saw how people seemed to get better after about two months. The problem is, I just really don't want to wait two months feeling like this. There are some situational factors contributing to my depression and anxiety, but they aren't as bad as the WB is making them seem. I was totally fine with them while on paxil/remeron. I do think I need to add talk therapy to my treatment bc i don't want to just mask my issues and have them come back when I stop AD's.

I'm really curious to know how the WB is working for you, Coyote. I read all the previous posts in this thread and it seems the WB has been very slow to work for you. But you mentioned that now, after two months, your anxiety has subsided. How about depression? Is it everything you could hope for? I'm almost ready to bite the bullet and take the side effects of an MAOI because they just seem like wonder drugs.

EDIT: Oh, and that's a good suggestion about adding an SSRI to the WB. I really do think paxil was effective and not just placebo, but I'm scared of the sexual side effects and whether they're permanent or not. Right now, my sex drive is totally fine, but I've just seen so many horror stories online about permanent side effects after stopping paxil or other ssri's. The shocks are definitely something to be taken seriously, they're very uncomfortable. They do seem to be going away though.

I'll keep all this in mind when I go in for my next appointment, in a little over a week.

Edited by lmaosuine, 20 August 2010 - 02:27 PM.

#99 John D

John D

• PipPip
  • 99 posts

Posted 21 August 2010 - 10:57 PM

lmaosuine,

I wish I had better news to report. I'm about ready to quit this trial. Yes, the anxiety has gone away, but frankly, it hasn't done much for my depression. My next pdoc appt is on the 30th of this month, and I was just going to continue taking it until then, but it's seeming a little pointless, to tell you the truth. I'm already 9.5 weeks into this trial. That's more than a good try.

Oh, and it's making my hair fall out too.

I really hope it works for you though. It works wonderfully for a lot of people.

#100 lmaosuine

lmaosuine

• Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 22 August 2010 - 10:43 PM

Coyote,

I think that's all I needed to hear. I'm almost at 3 weeks and I'm not impressed. I'm semi okay but irritable in the daytime, then when night comes around I feel terrible. I think wellbutrin just isn't the drug for me, and I don't want to spend 5 more weeks going through this s*** to confirm that it doesn't work well for me. Why would anything take 8 weeks to work anyways? That's a really long time. I might just end up going on celexa and risk the sexual side effect. Or maybe my pdoc will have something else in kind when I come in. I wish you luck coyote and i'd like to know what you do if you stop the wellbutrin.

#101 Guest_John D_*

Guest_John D_*
  • Guests

Posted 23 August 2010 - 12:51 PM

Coyote,

I think that's all I needed to hear. I'm almost at 3 weeks and I'm not impressed. I'm semi okay but irritable in the daytime, then when night comes around I feel terrible. I think wellbutrin just isn't the drug for me, and I don't want to spend 5 more weeks going through this s*** to confirm that it doesn't work well for me. Why would anything take 8 weeks to work anyways? That's a really long time. I might just end up going on celexa and risk the sexual side effect. Or maybe my pdoc will have something else in kind when I come in. I wish you luck coyote and i'd like to know what you do if you stop the wellbutrin.

lmaosuine,

I'm coyote renamed as John D (coyote's just too stupid).

I went back through a journal that I've been keeping during my recent med trials. A pattern emerges; it seems the days that have been good, I've also taken low dose Prozac (5 to 10mg), and the day following a night when I've taken at least 45mg of Remeron. WB has been part of the equation when I've been doing that too (usually at 200 to 300mg). I don't know that WB is entirely necessary. It might be doing something to compliment the other two. I'm not sure. Last night, after being very depressed in the afternoon, I took 10mg of Prozac, and 45mg of Remeron and definitely felt better. This morning I still feel pretty good.

I think I'll either have to cut the WB down to a very minimal level, or get rid of it entirely. Losing just too much hair, which completely sucks. It was not exactly thick and luxurious before I started.

I had been so disheartened by this most recent med trial failure (WB) that I was starting to get tunnel vision of the very bad sort about what my options are at this point. I think you all know what I mean.

But, today is a brighter day.

John D (formerly Coyote)

#102 Fenix03

Fenix03

• Pip
  • 30 posts

Posted 23 August 2010 - 06:02 PM

Gah.. For the past few days I've been feeling like crap.. Emotionless and blah..

Feeling like there's no purpose in life. I've had some good days on Wellbutrin so I'm going to keep on this trial, and I'll keep you folks updated on how I'm doing.

I'm in my 9th week I believe.. I'm taking BuSpar as well, I'm hoping the two compliment each other.

#103 Guest_John D_*

Guest_John D_*
  • Guests

Posted 23 August 2010 - 08:19 PM

Fenix,

Sorry you've had a bad few days. Sucks after you thought you'd turned the corner.

I decided that WB on its own is not enough for me. I need something to hit serotonin as well, and WB doesn't touch those receptors. Today was much better than I'd been doing for a while. Last night I took 45mg of Remeron, and today I took 10mg of Prozac, along with 300mg of WB.

I know, that sounds like a massive amount of stuff to take. I don't much care. Whatever works. It's funny because it was either add stuff on to the WB, or simply quit meds altogether. At least that's what I was thinking. I've tried many meds and was just weary of the battle and was not remotely interested in starting over from square one with a new med.

Anyway, I really didn't feel depressed at any point today. What a welcome change it was.

#104 TroutMask

TroutMask

• Pip
  • 37 posts

Posted 23 August 2010 - 09:24 PM

Fenix,

Sorry you've had a bad few days. Sucks after you thought you'd turned the corner.

I decided that WB on its own is not enough for me. I need something to hit serotonin as well, and WB doesn't touch those receptors. Today was much better than I'd been doing for a while. Last night I took 45mg of Remeron, and today I took 10mg of Prozac, along with 300mg of WB.

I know, that sounds like a massive amount of stuff to take. I don't much care. Whatever works. It's funny because it was either add stuff on to the WB, or simply quit meds altogether. At least that's what I was thinking. I've tried many meds and was just weary of the battle and was not remotely interested in starting over from square one with a new med.

Anyway, I really didn't feel depressed at any point today. What a welcome change it was.

The Artist Formerly Known as Coyote:

I think the cocktail you've outlined above has great potential for you. The Rem/Welly dose sounds perfectly balanced, and adding in a bit of Prozac might just do the trick. I hear of people all the time that respond with multiple meds, so don't worry about overdoing anything.

Keep us posted.

TM

#105 John D

John D

• PipPip
  • 99 posts

Posted 24 August 2010 - 11:34 AM

Thanks, TM.

I'll keep trying this mix. Will let you guys know how it works out.

TM, are you on a combo yourself?

#106 TroutMask

TroutMask

• Pip
  • 37 posts

Posted 24 August 2010 - 12:07 PM

Thanks, TM.

I'll keep trying this mix. Will let you guys know how it works out.

TM, are you on a combo yourself?

Right now I'm on 33 mg. Remeron at bedtime and 150 mg. WB SR in the morning. I seem to be getting a lift from the addition of the Wellbutrin, but it has affected my sleep a bit with some early morning awakening, so I'm going to bump my Remeron up to the full 45 mg. and see if that helps.

#107 John D

John D

• PipPip
  • 99 posts

Posted 24 August 2010 - 02:46 PM

Right now I'm on 33 mg. Remeron at bedtime and 150 mg. WB SR in the morning. I seem to be getting a lift from the addition of the Wellbutrin, but it has affected my sleep a bit with some early morning awakening, so I'm going to bump my Remeron up to the full 45 mg. and see if that helps.

WB definitely affects sleep. Remeron by itself is great for sleep, but I find when combined with WB, it no longer puts me to sleep. And actually, for me, the more of it I take, the less it is a sleep agent. At this point, I'm using Rem to augment as an AD. For sleep, I take a little Trazodone.

I use low dose prozac (10mg) to take away WB anxiety, and I guess add a little AD boost too. Guess I'll just see how this combo goes for a bit. This morning I felt fine all morning, with good concentration (having taken nothing so far), and then at 1230 I feel like the previous day's meds are wearing off, so I take a little prozac and 150mg of WB. I take the Remeron at night. Who knows if that'll work long term, but that's what I'm doing right now.

Fingers crossed for all of us in this mess.

#108 eaw1971

eaw1971

• Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 27 August 2010 - 08:47 PM

Hello, I just started taking 300mg of Wellbutrin about a week ago. I have been feeling depressed because I just recently went through a divorce in Jan of this year and other various things . I thought I was adapting and dealing with all of it better, but I feel as though I have had a major relapse. I have been feeling very emotional and anxious and I feel like I have been keeping my true emotions in for the last 8 months and now they are all coming out. I guess that's a good thing, but it sure doesn't feel like it right now. I have never tried an AD before and I am glad I found this forum, I think I will stick it out and hope it gets better. 7 weeks to go....

#109 Henry C

Henry C

Just Registered

• Just Registered
  • 1 posts

Posted 29 August 2010 - 12:25 PM

Hello. I just started taking Wellbutrin 150mg SR for the past six days.

Let me tell you a little bit about what is going on: I was having EXTREME debillating panic attacks accompanied by 24/7 anxiety and depression. Been to countless doctors and therapists. Taken Zoloft, Ativan, Paxil, Risperdal, Luvox and Wellbutrin (All separate). Nothing seemed to work except the Luvox. I am taking 150mg of Luvox (100 at night and 50 in the morning.) This seemed to have lifted the anxiety tremendously as well as the depression, but I wasnt where I wanted to be. I was getting there though. I recently went to a 5 day CBT program at local hospital where i was also prescribed Wellbutrin. This was prescribed to give me a boost with the depression, give me some energy and augment a sexual side effect from the Luvox. For the first 3 days of Wellbutrin I felt fine. No side effects, however, no energy that was promised. Day 4,5 and 6 has now consisted of extreme depression and the anxiety has come back. No panic attacks though (knock on wood).

It seems in this thread most of the people were experiencing the same thing and then they got better. Does this sound like side effects of the medication or has the Luvox pooped out and the Wellbutrin hasnt kicked in yet?
I was thinking about upping my Luvox dose from 150mg to 200 mg. i heard that it works more for anxiety at higher doses. If it is side effects, why a few days later? I thought most meds you feel the side effects the day you take the med.

Any advice on what to do? My DR really isnt a help.

#110 lmaosuine

lmaosuine

• Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 29 August 2010 - 09:51 PM

Hey guys, lmaosuine again. Well, I quit taking the wellbutrin a few days ago and its like a weight was lifted off my chest. I honestly don't know why anyone would take wellbutrin if it affects everyone else the same way it did to me. All it did was make me moody and emotional all the time, and I constantly felt like I was going to jump out of my skin. I've still been taking the remeron at night, although I stopped the buspar as well, because my anxiety has been on overdrive for this past month, and I definitely gave it enough time to work, without ever seeing any benefit.

My mom called my pdoc and canceled the ******* appointment that I had tomorrow bc she "couldn't" give me a ride to it. She's openly hostile towards my doc for reasons that are beyond me. I really just want to get this med situation figured out. At this point I think id be happy staying on a low dose of remeron and taking a benzo as needed, but of course that's gonna be the hardest thing ever to convince my doc, or any doc.

#111 jm89

jm89

• Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 20 October 2010 - 11:13 PM

Hello,
It's been some time since anyone has posted to this thread, but I am wondering if anyone how you guys who have gone 10+ weeks are still doing now. I am on day 3 and had a pretty down night tonight, but I have been on a lot of meds so this isn't anything I'm not used to. I am also curious as to what diagnoses everyone with wellbutrin has. I have possible bp ii or cyclothymia, haven't been able to put a finger on it yet. Additionally I have been trileptal for a few months, it has kept me somewhat level.

#112 canepole

canepole

Just Registered

• Just Registered
  • 3 posts

Posted 21 October 2010 - 07:59 AM

I'm new here and just wanted to add my 2 cents worth. I've been on WB for about 5 weeks and so far I have not found the results I was hoping for....but I'm going to stick it out since most of the bad side effects have passed. One thing I noticed is that the time I take the medicine has an effect on how it will hit me for the day. One day, after I had taken it in the morning, I was sitting on the porch thinking about things I regretted doing or not doing in my life and was basically sliding down the slope, when the WB hit me hard. I bottomed out for the day. It seemed like the WB just amplified the emotion I was feeling and it stuck with me all day.

The next day, after I had taken the WB, I put some laid back music on, sat on the porch and keep my mind thinking on good times I had had in the past and thought good thoughts about the people I really care about. When the WB hit this time, I didn't have a euphoric reaction, but at least I did not hit the bottom and just felt normal for the rest of the day. I've been careful about the state of mind I am in when the WB hits ever since.
canepole

#113 itlnrose0310

itlnrose0310

• Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 22 October 2010 - 08:26 PM

I have had depression and anxiety my whole life, usually having major depressive episodes after stressful events. I have had great luck with Paxil in the past but I gained 40 pounds and at 5'1" this was a big problem. I was off meds for about 5 years and then all-of-a-sudden right after I got engaged I freaked out because I was riddled with doubts and spent two weeks in bed and suicidal before going to the doctor and being put on Lexapro. He said it would have NO side effects and work great. He was right about the "working great" part, I started to feel wonderful and my relationship improved. But I also was having INSANE cravings and gained 20 pounds at only 3 months in (despite working out 5 days a week!). I also had other weird side effects too.

My colleague used to sell Wellbutrin so he educated me on it. He said Lexapro was upping my serotonin levels but also simultaneously lowering my other receptors, which was causing an imbalance and making me crave sweets and also have all these weird effects. He said Wellbutrin would balance me out. So, I went to my doc and he agreed with my colleague and lowered my Lexapro dose to 10mg (I was taking 20MG), and he put me on Buproprion 300XL. It wasn't doing much the first few weeks. I was feeling irritable and I felt the Lexapro wasn't working as well. But, my appetite surely decreased by almost half, which is great because it puts me now at what a NORMAL person eats. I can fit in my clothes again.

Now I am three weeks in on the Buproprion while still taking the Lexapro. I have been having shortness of breath issues constantly. Then tonight I had a complete panic attack like I haven't had in MONTHS. I was back in bed sobbing and told my fiance I was having doubts again. I also missed my period this month (took a pregnancy test and it was negative). I feel like crap. My fiance and I are supposed to be working on increasing our bond together and I am reclusive and awful to him. I think I almost made him cry earlier today. I am a complete joy to live with right now (sarcasm).

I know the SSRI class works the best for me, and that's all I've ever taken before. The SSRI's efficacy increases every week you take them, so I am not used to this weird back-and-forth good one day and bad the next stuff like with the Buproprion. I read this whole thread and was feeling uplifted by what I read, but I saw no posts from people who are also taking Lexapro. Can anybody who is taking Wellbutrin or the generic along with Lexapro give me some encouraging words? Is this "Hellbutrin" going to start working in tandem with all the great effects of the Lexapro?...because right now I feel like it's just counteracting the depression/anxiety benefits I felt when I took the Lexapro alone. I need help or I'm going to ruin my relationship and also my sanity.

One good word of advice for other depressed people...the one thing that helps me so much are kisses from my doggies. I would be dead without them, I swear it. One of my favorite authors suffered from depression too, and she called dogs "caravans of comfort" and I fully agree.

#114 Want2Chill

Want2Chill

• Pip
  • 43 posts

Posted 22 October 2010 - 09:10 PM

Hi IntlRose. I'm sorry (and a bit discouraged) to hear you're still not doing so hot at 3 weeks in. I'm only on Day 8 and am having terrible mood swings. I'm not taking anything else, though I had success with Lexapro before. Good luck to us!

#115 canepole

canepole

Just Registered

• Just Registered
  • 3 posts

Posted 23 October 2010 - 06:36 AM

IntlRose,

I've been taking Lexapro 20mg for about a year and I did not notice it doing too much for me, even though other folks have told me they could see a difference in me. I am about 5 weeks into WB 150 XL and Lexapro and I'm beginning so see some improvements. I think this might be the right combination for me. The first few weeks were rough though.....spent many a day in bed all day. I'm hoping the next time I see my doctor, that she will up the wellbutrin to 300mg and the positive feelings I'm am having will also increase. I'm actually enjoying sitting on the porch and watching the animals again. I have not been able to do that in quite some time. Hang in there. I'm glad I stuck it out.

canepole

#116 itlnrose0310

itlnrose0310

• Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 23 October 2010 - 04:16 PM

Canepole, Thanks for that. I am feeling much more clear-headed today thankfully. Still a bit nervous but nothing like last night. Today at least I can do things without laying in bed sobbing. I am hoping this combination works for me. I would really like to feel as good as I did on the Lexapro alone but without all the side effects. I hope you continue to improve like you are doing.

#117 jetstone

jetstone

• Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 27 December 2010 - 11:33 AM

Almost to the end of Week 2 on Bupropion. I took 100mg for the first week, 200mg for the 2nd week. Tomorrow will be Day 14. I didn't have a honeymoon period. I started Lamictal back in October with mixed results. I take the Lamictal at dinner now, the Bupropion all in the morning with breakfast. I have no appetite, am nauseous instead at mealtimes, and my depression has gotten worse. My worst part of the day comes in the midafternoon and lasts until dinner. It's at that point that I have my worst breakdowns. My anxiety hits its peak (I take Clonazepam twice a day as well), my depression hits its peak, it's a horrible combination. I'm supposed to take a trip to Maui this Friday for 10 days with my wife and kids and my inlaws. I've been dreading it for months. If my depression worsens while I'm there, I really don't know what I'll do. I thought about staying home, but it's my son's first birthday on Saturday and I wouldn't be there for it. I've also never been away from either kid for more than 3 days, and the thought of being alone during that period scares me more than the thought of going. I just want this to work.

#118 lovemykids

lovemykids

Just Registered

• Just Registered
  • 1 posts

Posted 29 December 2010 - 09:30 PM

Did anyone feel spacey at first? Along with increased crying and general depression, I feel 'drugged'...stoned. And I feel VERY tired and sleepy.

I, too, experienced a lot of ups and downs during startup, but it all smoothed out in about 2 months time. Wellburtin is a wonderful antidepressant in my opinion, but it does give many people quite a rollercoaster ride at first! Please keep us posted on your progress.

#119 jetstone

jetstone

• Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 29 December 2010 - 09:46 PM

Did anyone feel spacey at first? Along with increased crying and general depression, I feel 'drugged'...stoned. And I feel VERY tired and sleepy.

I, too, experienced a lot of ups and downs during startup, but it all smoothed out in about 2 months time. Wellburtin is a wonderful antidepressant in my opinion, but it does give many people quite a rollercoaster ride at first! Please keep us posted on your progress.

I do get a bit spacey, and have definitely been fatigued. I've tried to force myself to get up and exercise a few times, but I can't really tell if it helped. I got tired pretty quickly, and I'm usually fairly active. Interestingly, I tend to feel best at night after I take my Lamotrigine. I'm hoping that the Wellbutrin starts to work soon so the days are better. I tried to get out today and go see a movie (only one in the theater this morning) and I got MUCH more emotionally involved. Came out bugging out and felt anxious/worked up for a good 2 hours.

#120 kingdelta

kingdelta

• PipPip
  • 85 posts

Posted 10 January 2011 - 04:34 AM

Hello here is antother Victom to mr Depresion ( like the demeontor from Harry Potter.

i started now the fourt week, and i some better days, but its not that good were i wanted to be.
I get how do you say that: anixity is that nerves, tremors, ,scared. ALso my head feels foggy and the world unreal looks somethoimes im not there, im there but it looks like i look trough class.

Well i told this to my psy, she one of the besttes in this area ( see here once a week) i also do therapie there. She said stick to the meds and dont switch, when you switch this period starts all over again.

and the sympthoms i have are common in a deression.

i said they are so weird:
bad sleeping wake up to early feel better at the evening
nevers, scared, the feeling ubnder stress, it looks my body cooked.
Forget ful, bad concnetration and the worse and the most scared is had the idea somethime to see my life behind glass.
ANd my thought: im going nuts, or this nevver past.

is this common in here!!!!!!!!!

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users