Advertisement
  • No one should be alone in this. We can help.
If you - or someone you know - are having thoughts about suicide, call 1-800-273-TALK (8255). Calls are connected to a certified crisis center nearest the caller's location. Services are available 24 hours a day, seven days a week.                                                                            If you - or someone you know - are having thoughts about suicide, call 1-800-273-TALK (8255). Calls are connected to a certified crisis center nearest the caller's location. Services are available 24 hours a day, seven days a week.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Photo

Celexa And Dreams ?

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 ocean wanderer

ocean wanderer

ID: 24091

• Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 01 April 2008 - 03:00 PM

Hi, I am new to the site and new to celexa. I take 40 mg a day for depression . I am recently having intense vivid dreams, even more so than usual. does anyone else notice this side effect. I also have to take mirtazapine and propropenal. I think the depression is quite a bit better. I was hospitalized for most of January.

#2 zamardii

zamardii

ID: 23720

• PipPip
  • 123 posts

Posted 01 April 2008 - 03:17 PM

Hi, I am new to the site and new to celexa. I take 40 mg a day for depression . I am recently having intense vivid dreams, even more so than usual. does anyone else notice this side effect. I also have to take mirtazapine and propropenal. I think the depression is quite a bit better. I was hospitalized for most of January.

How long have you been on it? I can't relate to any vivid dreams, but did you change your dose recently or something?

#3 HopefulOne

HopefulOne

Platinum Member

ID: 20486

• Platinum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,414 posts

Posted 01 April 2008 - 03:26 PM

Ocean Wanderer --

Welcome to DF. :hearts:

I hope that your hospitalization in January was a positive experience. I'm glad to hear that you are responding nicely to Celexa! I found it to be a good AD (anti-depressant).

Vivid dreaming is a very common 'side effect' of AD's. I have run across numerous threads here on that very subject. Hope they're not spooking you too much. I find them fascinating most of the time -- considering I've never ordinarily been one to remember my dreams upon wakening! Don't worry -- your vivid dreams are quite typical.

Best,
HopefulOne

Edited by HopefulOne, 01 April 2008 - 03:27 PM.

#4 Burgy

Burgy

Platinum Member

ID: 17342

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,824 posts

Posted 01 April 2008 - 05:08 PM

I get vivid, intense, and long dreams on ADs. Sometimes it's like one long miniseries all night, with the most intricate plots...I wake up thinking "Where did I come up with this stuff?!". I have more lucid dreams, too, when you realize you're dreaming and can take control of the dream, change it, or wake yourself up.
Posted Image We are what we think. All that we are arises with our thoughts. With our thoughts, we make the world. ~Buddha

#5 blondiejem

blondiejem

ID: 24108

• Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 02 April 2008 - 07:23 AM

I have been on celexa for a month now and my dreams are extremely vivid. They are not nightmares, they are just really intense. I am starting a dream log to write down the dreams, because most of them are very interesting.
You are a child of the universe, no less than the trees or the stars. You have a right to be here.

#6 Chester Cheetoh

Chester Cheetoh

Silver Member

ID: 13886

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 703 posts

Posted 02 April 2008 - 07:27 AM

my first 4 weeks of Celexa came with very odd, lucid dreams

also any time my dosage is changed.

also when I changed to Lexapro

#7 ocean wanderer

ocean wanderer

ID: 24091

• Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 03 April 2008 - 04:23 PM

Hi, thanks for replies. The year before I was hospitalized I hardly dreamed at all. I like the dreams now though some are pretty bizarre. I had a lot of psychotic features at the hospital. now I dont have very many. They tried me on antipsychotics at the hospital but they were awful with side effects. My doctor wants to try me on another but I am resisting. I would rather have my brief and seldom psychotic features than deal with the side effects. This is all new to me. I managed to reach 53 without being diagnosed. I am still trying to come to terms with all of this. Thanks again for responding, take care out there, Kathy

#8 Chester Cheetoh

Chester Cheetoh

Silver Member

ID: 13886

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 703 posts

Posted 05 April 2008 - 07:22 AM

I managed to reach 53 without being diagnosed.

better late than never.

as they say "knowing is half the battle"

#9 Shadow_0084

Shadow_0084

ID: 25217

• Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 14 May 2008 - 12:44 AM

Yeah I have just restarted taking celexa and defintly know the weird dreams. I don't know if it is making my dreams weird or just making me remember them more. But some of them are defintly interesting...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users