Advertisement
  • No one should be alone in this. We can help.
If you - or someone you know - are having thoughts about suicide, call 1-800-273-TALK (8255). Calls are connected to a certified crisis center nearest the caller's location. Services are available 24 hours a day, seven days a week.                                                                            If you - or someone you know - are having thoughts about suicide, call 1-800-273-TALK (8255). Calls are connected to a certified crisis center nearest the caller's location. Services are available 24 hours a day, seven days a week.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Photo

Do I Have To Take Paxil In The Morning?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 mimimimi13

mimimimi13

• PipPipPip
  • 222 posts

Posted 29 March 2008 - 01:27 PM

it states morning but do any of you take it at night?
does it affect side effects if you take it at a different time?

#2 smashedspuds

smashedspuds

• Pip
  • 27 posts

Posted 31 March 2008 - 04:17 AM

it states morning but do any of you take it at night?
does it affect side effects if you take it at a different time?

When I first starting taking Paxil, it would make me too groggy
if I took it in the morning. I would take it around 5pm. I guess so
long as it's 24hrs apart....it doesn't matter. Good luck to you.
smashedspuds
Put teflon pans on your feet, eat asparagus and yell at stupid people.
That should get ya through the first 120 years of life........hah!!

#3 Arwen36

Arwen36

• PipPip
  • 52 posts

Posted 31 March 2008 - 09:14 PM

When I first started Paxil years ago, I took it at night. My doctor didn't actually tell me to, I was just already taking a different antidepressant (imipramine) at night, and I was switching to Paxil, so I kept my night routine. It messed with my sleep for a while, but then I got used to it and continued to take it at night.

In the past couple of years, I have had more anxiety and trouble with side effects from meds. When I switched back to Paxil from Effexor (another whole horror story, LOL), I seemed to have much more anxiety from the start up effects, so my doctor told me to take it in the morning. This seems to work best for me, since I still can have some anxiety after first taking it. I want to feel as normal as possible at night so I can sleep and relax.

If you are just starting it, my first inclination would be to go with it in the morning until you know how it's going to effect you. But I don't want to go against what your doctor says!
There is always hope.

#4 momto2

momto2

• Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 15 April 2008 - 12:20 PM

i'm taking 10 mg paxil in the am. Was talking to my therapist and she suggested possibly taking another 5 mg at bedtime, because I'm waking up at 5ish quite anxious. My morinings also tend to be my most anxious time. She wondered if the meds were fading out during the night. I'm going to talk to my GP when I see him on Wed.
Anyone else experience this???
Thanks,
Momto2

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users