Advertisement
  • No one should be alone in this. We can help.
If you - or someone you know - are having thoughts about suicide, call 1-800-273-TALK (8255). Calls are connected to a certified crisis center nearest the caller's location. Services are available 24 hours a day, seven days a week.                                                                            If you - or someone you know - are having thoughts about suicide, call 1-800-273-TALK (8255). Calls are connected to a certified crisis center nearest the caller's location. Services are available 24 hours a day, seven days a week.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Photo

Celexa Making Me So Sick

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 cvoor

cvoor

• PipPipPip
  • 245 posts

Posted 25 March 2008 - 02:08 PM

My doc gave me Celexa for my anxiety. I also take blood pressure medicine. The Celexa is making me so sick after a wk. I have constant nausea, gastritis, back pain, headaches, no appetitie, increased anxiety, panic attacks, with hot rushes. I am so miserable, have to lay on the recliner, and could not work today. I was up all night with stomach pain. I am only on 10 mg. Can I stop this medicine, today, or do I have to wean off ?

Edited by cvoor, 25 March 2008 - 02:09 PM.

#2 Burgy

Burgy

Platinum Member

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,824 posts

Posted 25 March 2008 - 02:19 PM

The first 2 weeks on an AD are the hardest, then the side effects begin to fade. Maybe you should give it some more time? Celexa is great for anxiety, in my experience. But I did feel "sick" for several days, with headaches, nausea, hot flashes and sweating. It got better with time.

Weaning off is generally recommended, to ease the withdrawal. Be sure to check with your doctor before you make any changes.
Posted Image We are what we think. All that we are arises with our thoughts. With our thoughts, we make the world. ~Buddha

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users