Advertisement
  • No one should be alone in this. We can help.
If you - or someone you know - are having thoughts about suicide, call 1-800-273-TALK (8255). Calls are connected to a certified crisis center nearest the caller's location. Services are available 24 hours a day, seven days a week.                                                                            If you - or someone you know - are having thoughts about suicide, call 1-800-273-TALK (8255). Calls are connected to a certified crisis center nearest the caller's location. Services are available 24 hours a day, seven days a week.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Photo

Does Anyone Take Wellbutrin With Celexa?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
11 replies to this topic

#1 Mimen

Mimen

• PipPip
  • 145 posts

Posted 25 March 2008 - 02:54 AM

Good day all you beautifull people!

I would like to compare my combination of WB and Trazodone to a combination of WB and Celexa.
I really miss the SSRI’s but I am so afraid of the impact on libido, weight loss etc. I cannot afford to lose weight as I am battling to keep it on as it is! In the other department I am tired of being single for 7 years and would like to be “available” should the opportunity arrive again to date! :flowers:

I do love the how great I felt on the SSRI though. I had to change over as I stupidly decided on my own to wean myself of Zoloft after feeling so good on it for so many years and crashed harder than a broken Boeing 747! :hearts:

Anybody taking WB with Celexa? :hearts:

Edited by Mimen, 25 March 2008 - 08:37 AM.

BPII and loving it!

#2 Burgy

Burgy

Platinum Member

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,824 posts

Posted 25 March 2008 - 11:27 AM

I've taken that combination for many months, with good results. I've also tried each separately, but didn't like it. Wellbutrin alone makes me too agitated and Celexa/Lexapro alone makes me too lethargic and numb, and yes, it kills my libido. But combining the 2 strikes a nice balance, and they seem to cancel out each other's side effects. Not entirely, but pretty well. Wellbutrin with Lex is a popular combination. Some people use other SSRIs with WB, too.

Oh...and thanks for calling me beautiful. :hearts:

Edited by suburgatory, 25 March 2008 - 11:28 AM.

Posted Image We are what we think. All that we are arises with our thoughts. With our thoughts, we make the world. ~Buddha

#3 Mimen

Mimen

• PipPip
  • 145 posts

Posted 02 April 2008 - 10:09 AM

:hearts:

I've taken that combination for many months, with good results. I've also tried each separately, but didn't like it. Wellbutrin alone makes me too agitated and Celexa/Lexapro alone makes me too lethargic and numb, and yes, it kills my libido. But combining the 2 strikes a nice balance, and they seem to cancel out each other's side effects. Not entirely, but pretty well. Wellbutrin with Lex is a popular combination. Some people use other SSRIs with WB, too.

Oh...and thanks for calling me beautiful. :flowers:

BPII and loving it!

#4 aries woman

aries woman

• Pip
  • 32 posts

Posted 18 August 2008 - 02:05 AM

Hi!
:flowers: :hearts: :hearts: :hearts:

Not sure if you guys are still watching this thread, but thought I'd try since I really need advice in this area. Wellbutrin is my third drug, I've also been on Celexa and Lexapro. I liked Celexa and tolerated it pretty well, but it only helped me sometimes, and I was on it for quite awhile. It would kick in for a few days every few weeks. When it did work it was great, but it really left me way too hung out to dry most of the time. I then tried Lexapro but I had to quit because the side effects were too much. Now I've been taking Wellbutrin for three weeks. I got a honeymoon period for a day, then it was hell for two weeks, after which I felt great for two days and now I feel awful again. I know that you need to wait 4 weeks to see full effects...but it is it too soon to see my doc about adding Celexa again? Because Wellbutin is giving me some pretty unbearable anxiety, it is very very bad. At the same time I don't want to quit taking it because I know it has the potential to help. I just really don't feel like giving Wellbutrin more time will make it the cure all, because I'm swinging between such huge extremes. I really doubt that one drug will do it fo me, I've tried so many... I am pretty desperate for some help because I've been on a roller coaster of meds and prior to that herbal antidepessants and this has been going on for four years. And the thing is I know that something can help, because they all do help, periodically, but that's it. Anyways I"ve been rambling, but I just wonder if two drugs that I"ve had a partial response to toegether, might help? I'm having a bad time with the Wellbutrin anxiety and I feel like I can't wait it out any longer.

Thanks!

Sara
You do not credit me with your discretion
-Sylvia Plath.

#5 moonlightress

moonlightress

Silver Member

• Silver Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 950 posts

Posted 18 August 2008 - 04:29 AM

Hi Sara
When my pdoc added Lamictal to the Wellbutrin I was taking, it smoothed out the ups and downs considerably and also handled the anxious, restless agitation I had. I'd definitely suggest going back to your doc, to add either Celexa or whatever else s/he may suggest. That anxiety may persist for a few more weeks, so no point in suffering.

#6 moonlightress

moonlightress

Silver Member

• Silver Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 950 posts

Posted 18 August 2008 - 04:34 AM

Oh...and thanks for calling me beautiful. :hearts:

:flowers:

hey, you two - get a room! :tongue: or better yet, get an airticket! :hearts:

#7 leaningonHim

leaningonHim

• Pip
  • 31 posts

Posted 18 August 2008 - 12:23 PM

I would like to compare my combination of WB and Trazodone to a combination of WB and Celexa.
I really miss the SSRI’s but I am so afraid of the impact on libido, weight loss etc. I cannot afford to lose weight as I am battling to keep it on as it is! In the other department I am tired of being single for 7 years and would like to be “available” should the opportunity arrive again to date! :flowers:

I do love the how great I felt on the SSRI though. I had to change over as I stupidly decided on my own to wean myself of Zoloft after feeling so good on it for so many years and crashed harder than a broken Boeing 747! :hearts:

I also took this combo but the sexual side effect for me was intolerable. It was WORSE than having no libido.. if you know what I mean. Everyone is different though. I hope you have found success with this.

#8 aries woman

aries woman

• Pip
  • 32 posts

Posted 18 August 2008 - 02:16 PM

Hi Sara
When my pdoc added Lamictal to the Wellbutrin I was taking, it smoothed out the ups and downs considerably and also handled the anxious, restless agitation I had. I'd definitely suggest going back to your doc, to add either Celexa or whatever else s/he may suggest. That anxiety may persist for a few more weeks, so no point in suffering.

Thanks Moonlightress! I see her at 3:30 tomoow, not that I"m keeping track. I"m so anxious now that even my cat wandering around is freaking me out. I'm glad other people have taken Celexa with WB, hopefully she'll let me take that again. I feel comfortable with that drug and for me it kicks in within a week.
You do not credit me with your discretion
-Sylvia Plath.

#9 KayBee01

KayBee01

• Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 15 October 2010 - 09:00 AM

I really miss the SSRI's but I am so afraid of the impact on libido, weight loss etc. I cannot afford to lose weight as I am battling to keep it on as it is! In the other department I am tired of being single for 7 years and would like to be "available" should the opportunity arrive again to date! :flowers:

I realize this is an old post but wondered if you're still taking the Trazodone with Wellbutrin? How long have you taken this combination? I've been taking Wellbutrin with Celexa for about 4 months now and aside from increased anxiety it does work well for me.

#10 itsjustmoi

itsjustmoi

• PipPip
  • 105 posts

Posted 17 October 2010 - 05:38 PM

Why not Zoloft and Wellbutrin? That's another popular combination, and you've tolerated Zoloft well before. Good luck, I keep hearing about a lot of people on Celexa/Lexapro and Wellbutrin and they do very well.

#11 Duquesne

Duquesne

• Pip
  • 35 posts

Posted 17 October 2010 - 06:06 PM

I had my first hypomanic episode while on Wellbutrin and Celexa.. I felt wonderful! Crashed big time when I went off it though.
Dx: Bipolar 2, GAD, Social Anxiety, Major Depression.

#12 Pepsi109

Pepsi109

• Pip
  • 43 posts

Posted 03 May 2011 - 08:46 PM

My doctor switched me from Zoloft to Celexa and my psych doc added Wellbutrin. For me, my issues are more with situations and how I react to them, but I do think it was helping a lot for a while. Unfortunately, Zoloft stopped working with me (I believe) and I think Celexa is doing the same thing. I can't tell for sure until I completely go off Celexa. Unless the EVIL SWEATING OF DOOM comes back during the summer, I will probably keep the Wellbutrin.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users