• Announcements

• Lindsay

Depression Forums Are Back Online!   02/09/2016

Hello Members! Please understand that this upgrade was huge and is a process that will be ongoing for a tad longer. Somethings may not seem 'right' or look a bit 'strange' at the moment, such as your profile page or "Quotes" etc.. Some things may not work as expected... for the time being, but please appreciate that we have to prioritize function over appearance. Eventually DF will all come together and be wonderful! It will be as if nothing had ever changed... As an afterthought...DF will be ACCESSIBLE ANYTIME/ANYWHERE
      Whether you’re on your smartphone, tablet or computer, access to Depressionforums.org/forums is right at your fingertips with our new upgrade. The
      refreshing, dynamic look translates across all platforms and devices.
      Come join up, become a member if not already! It’s free to post to your peers about anything that is troubling you.  We are certain there is a Forum for that. Tomorrow we will have a Forum set up for members to answer any questions that you may have about the upgrade. We really appreciate all of your feedback! Your Forum Administrators
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Mimen

Does Anyone Take Wellbutrin With Celexa?

12 posts in this topic

Posted (edited) · Report post  

Good day all you beautifull people!

I would like to compare my combination of WB and Trazodone to a combination of WB and Celexa.

I really miss the SSRI

Edited by Mimen

Posted (edited) · Report post  

I've taken that combination for many months, with good results. I've also tried each separately, but didn't like it. Wellbutrin alone makes me too agitated and Celexa/Lexapro alone makes me too lethargic and numb, and yes, it kills my libido. But combining the 2 strikes a nice balance, and they seem to cancel out each other's side effects. Not entirely, but pretty well. Wellbutrin with Lex is a popular combination. Some people use other SSRIs with WB, too.

Oh...and thanks for calling me beautiful. :hearts:

Edited by suburgatory

Posted · Report post  

:hearts:

I've taken that combination for many months, with good results. I've also tried each separately, but didn't like it. Wellbutrin alone makes me too agitated and Celexa/Lexapro alone makes me too lethargic and numb, and yes, it kills my libido. But combining the 2 strikes a nice balance, and they seem to cancel out each other's side effects. Not entirely, but pretty well. Wellbutrin with Lex is a popular combination. Some people use other SSRIs with WB, too.

Oh...and thanks for calling me beautiful. :flowers:

Posted · Report post  

Hi!

:flowers::hearts::hearts::hearts:

Not sure if you guys are still watching this thread, but thought I'd try since I really need advice in this area. Wellbutrin is my third drug, I've also been on Celexa and Lexapro. I liked Celexa and tolerated it pretty well, but it only helped me sometimes, and I was on it for quite awhile. It would kick in for a few days every few weeks. When it did work it was great, but it really left me way too hung out to dry most of the time. I then tried Lexapro but I had to quit because the side effects were too much. Now I've been taking Wellbutrin for three weeks. I got a honeymoon period for a day, then it was hell for two weeks, after which I felt great for two days and now I feel awful again. I know that you need to wait 4 weeks to see full effects...but it is it too soon to see my doc about adding Celexa again? Because Wellbutin is giving me some pretty unbearable anxiety, it is very very bad. At the same time I don't want to quit taking it because I know it has the potential to help. I just really don't feel like giving Wellbutrin more time will make it the cure all, because I'm swinging between such huge extremes. I really doubt that one drug will do it fo me, I've tried so many... I am pretty desperate for some help because I've been on a roller coaster of meds and prior to that herbal antidepessants and this has been going on for four years. And the thing is I know that something can help, because they all do help, periodically, but that's it. Anyways I"ve been rambling, but I just wonder if two drugs that I"ve had a partial response to toegether, might help? I'm having a bad time with the Wellbutrin anxiety and I feel like I can't wait it out any longer.

Thanks!

Sara

Posted · Report post  

Hi Sara

When my pdoc added Lamictal to the Wellbutrin I was taking, it smoothed out the ups and downs considerably and also handled the anxious, restless agitation I had. I'd definitely suggest going back to your doc, to add either Celexa or whatever else s/he may suggest. That anxiety may persist for a few more weeks, so no point in suffering.

Posted · Report post  

Oh...and thanks for calling me beautiful. :hearts:
:flowers:

hey, you two - get a room! :tongue: or better yet, get an airticket! :hearts:

Posted · Report post  

I would like to compare my combination of WB and Trazodone to a combination of WB and Celexa.

I really miss the SSRI

Posted · Report post  

Hi Sara

When my pdoc added Lamictal to the Wellbutrin I was taking, it smoothed out the ups and downs considerably and also handled the anxious, restless agitation I had. I'd definitely suggest going back to your doc, to add either Celexa or whatever else s/he may suggest. That anxiety may persist for a few more weeks, so no point in suffering.

Thanks Moonlightress! I see her at 3:30 tomoow, not that I"m keeping track. I"m so anxious now that even my cat wandering around is freaking me out. I'm glad other people have taken Celexa with WB, hopefully she'll let me take that again. I feel comfortable with that drug and for me it kicks in within a week.

Posted · Report post  

I really miss the SSRI's but I am so afraid of the impact on libido, weight loss etc. I cannot afford to lose weight as I am battling to keep it on as it is! In the other department I am tired of being single for 7 years and would like to be "available" should the opportunity arrive again to date! :flowers:

I do love the how great I felt on the SSRI though. I had to change over as I stupidly decided on my own to wean myself of Zoloft after feeling so good on it for so many years and crashed harder than a broken Boeing 747! :hearts:

Anybody taking WB with Celexa? :hearts:

I realize this is an old post but wondered if you're still taking the Trazodone with Wellbutrin? How long have you taken this combination? I've been taking Wellbutrin with Celexa for about 4 months now and aside from increased anxiety it does work well for me.

Posted · Report post  

Why not Zoloft and Wellbutrin? That's another popular combination, and you've tolerated Zoloft well before. Good luck, I keep hearing about a lot of people on Celexa/Lexapro and Wellbutrin and they do very well.

Posted · Report post  

I had my first hypomanic episode while on Wellbutrin and Celexa.. I felt wonderful! Crashed big time when I went off it though.

Posted · Report post  

My doctor switched me from Zoloft to Celexa and my psych doc added Wellbutrin. For me, my issues are more with situations and how I react to them, but I do think it was helping a lot for a while. Unfortunately, Zoloft stopped working with me (I believe) and I think Celexa is doing the same thing. I can't tell for sure until I completely go off Celexa. Unless the EVIL SWEATING OF DOOM comes back during the summer, I will probably keep the Wellbutrin.