Advertisement
  • No one should be alone in this. We can help.
If you - or someone you know - are having thoughts about suicide, call 1-800-273-TALK (8255). Calls are connected to a certified crisis center nearest the caller's location. Services are available 24 hours a day, seven days a week.                                                                            If you - or someone you know - are having thoughts about suicide, call 1-800-273-TALK (8255). Calls are connected to a certified crisis center nearest the caller's location. Services are available 24 hours a day, seven days a week.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Photo

Is Lamictal Good For Anxiety?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
32 replies to this topic

#1 stealyourface722

stealyourface722

ID: 22835

• PipPip
  • 77 posts

Posted 17 March 2008 - 06:37 PM

i know its a mood stablizer, but does it calm you down or make you drowsy or somethin? i ask because my prozac makes me a tad anxious so i wonder if it will help my anxiety.
im also taking klonopin for the anxiety too

#2 OnlyZ

OnlyZ

Platinum Member

ID: 14927

• Platinum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,486 posts

Posted 17 March 2008 - 06:45 PM

I have taken Lamictal and it did calm me down, but did nothing for my anxiety. If anything it accentuated the symptoms of anxiety I already had. But it could work differently for you, it's worth a shot if you need something to control manic behavior.
[This Space For Sale]

#3 Katie324

Katie324

ID: 23661

• Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 17 March 2008 - 07:27 PM

I have taken Lamictal and it did calm me down, but did nothing for my anxiety. If anything it accentuated the symptoms of anxiety I already had. But it could work differently for you, it's worth a shot if you need something to control manic behavior.

My doctor gave me lamictal for my anxiety as I am addicted to ativan and trying to get off of it, but the lamictal has done nothing for me. I have also taken klonopin - today actually with lamictal - worse combo ever. worst day ever. My doc. told me lamictal works for some with anxiety, but everyones chemistry is different, all trial and error, so might work for you. It is frustrating trying to find right meds, I still don't know what to take for my anxiety..

#4 Faex24

Faex24

ID: 23669

• Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 17 March 2008 - 08:22 PM

My doctor gave me lamictal for my anxiety as I am addicted to ativan and trying to get off of it, but the lamictal has done nothing for me. I have also taken klonopin - today actually with lamictal - worse combo ever. worst day ever. My doc. told me lamictal works for some with anxiety, but everyones chemistry is different, all trial and error, so might work for you. It is frustrating trying to find right meds, I still don't know what to take for my anxiety..

My doctor wants me to take either Lamitcal or Lithium for Major Depression.
I tkae Klonopine for aniexty. I am also Agoraphobic. I have been so since Iwas 17. I am 55 now
I did well with Nardil for years but stopped last Spring. I was allergic to it when I attempted to restart the med in July.
Since then I have had few chances to do more than try Segeline and Welbutrin.
This is my first post so I hope people have patience with me.

"Worst combo ever. Worst day ever"
Do these two drugs work usually poorly together.
Sorry you had a terrible day.

Faxe24

#5 Faex24

Faex24

ID: 23669

• Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 20 March 2008 - 08:52 PM

The End of the Line

I met with my NP tomorrow at 9:00 AM. I am very worried about this drug. I sometimes think I have let
side effects get the better of me in the past when I should have hung on. Some SSRIs were bad news, but I was quick to trash
meds thay made me feel the least bit dizzy or anxious.
I was looking for an AD that could stop panic and, the truth be told, I had serious doubts that my panic attacks could
be lessened with an AD. The doctor believed that my panic could be abated with an AD. I tried many timesand if they
had should any ability to lessen panic i would have hung on.

Now I have this really odd drug Lactimal to contend with. And I am very nervous indeed.
It's like I reached the end of the line: "Either Lactimal or Lithium." His words.

When I tried Parnate and then Nardil, people reacted as if i had come to the Very Last Stop, the End of the Line.
But Nardil and Parnate have a lot of fans and for good reason

I was willing to tolerate Parnate's side effects because it worked. My father had used Nardil and done well
with after many failures with tri-cyclics and SSRIs. Maybe we do have the same genes in this regard.
I had an very easy time with Nardil. Became over sedated at 60 mg but it turned out I never needed more than 45 mg.
I did get tired of being on a MAOI and thought I was better. Wrong.
And then I had an allergic reaction to the best thing since sliced bread: Nardil.

Now I truly feel like I have come to the End of the Line :hearts:
I hope for the best. Some people have done just fine.

Faex24

#6 treefingers

treefingers

ID: 10287

• PipPip
  • 133 posts

Posted 20 March 2008 - 10:31 PM

hasn't done anything for my anxiety, and i haven't heard of any cases where it has helped someones anxiety actually.

#7 Lucinda

Lucinda

Silver Member

ID: 15991

• Silver Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 779 posts

Posted 21 March 2008 - 12:07 PM

Hi all,
I'm weening down from 1.5mg Klonepin daily. I started Lamictal several months ago for Bipolar Disorder. My doc told me the same thing; that it may help with anxiety, which I suffer from too. Well, I'm at .75mg Klonepin and 100mg Lamictal and I have to say, I'm feeling rattled already. I don't know if it's the withdrawal effect from the Klonepin or just that I'm rattled without it. I'm staying at .75 Klonepin for now; that is, until I can talk with my doc. I must say the the Lamictal has minimized the withdrawal symptoms of the Klonepin. Not completely; but, I still feel a little nauseous and like something is missing. It's weird. I don't think that I'm at an optimal dose for Lamictal, yet, either. Still going at about 90mph, instead of 100mph; racing thoughts, constant singing in my head.
So, yes, I was told that the Lamictal may help with anxiety. I'm just going to stop going down in Klonepin dosage for now until she ups my milligrams of Lamictal. I think if I go down some more with the Klonepin, the anxious feelings and withdrawal may become worse. I'm just tired of taking Klonepin. I got sort of at a cross-roads with the dosage I was on. It wasn't effective anymore; so, the next logical step would be to increase. I didn't want to do that.
I think that being on an anti-convulsant helps with withdrawal from a benzo; but, the jury is still out for me that it will help with my anxiety. I'm in a change phase right now for meds and I guess that would rattle anyone.
Hope all of you stay well,
Lucinda

Tell whoso hath sorrow
Grief never shall last:
E'en as joy hath no morrow
So woe shall go past."
--Scheherazade

#8 KarenRB53

KarenRB53

ID: 19273

• PipPip
  • 65 posts

Posted 07 April 2008 - 12:27 PM

Hi all,
I'm weening down from 1.5mg Klonepin daily. I started Lamictal several months ago for Bipolar Disorder. My doc told me the same thing; that it may help with anxiety, which I suffer from too. Well, I'm at .75mg Klonepin and 100mg Lamictal and I have to say, I'm feeling rattled already. I don't know if it's the withdrawal effect from the Klonepin or just that I'm rattled without it. I'm staying at .75 Klonepin for now; that is, until I can talk with my doc. I must say the the Lamictal has minimized the withdrawal symptoms of the Klonepin. Not completely; but, I still feel a little nauseous and like something is missing. It's weird. I don't think that I'm at an optimal dose for Lamictal, yet, either. Still going at about 90mph, instead of 100mph; racing thoughts, constant singing in my head.
So, yes, I was told that the Lamictal may help with anxiety. I'm just going to stop going down in Klonepin dosage for now until she ups my milligrams of Lamictal. I think if I go down some more with the Klonepin, the anxious feelings and withdrawal may become worse. I'm just tired of taking Klonepin. I got sort of at a cross-roads with the dosage I was on. It wasn't effective anymore; so, the next logical step would be to increase. I didn't want to do that.
I think that being on an anti-convulsant helps with withdrawal from a benzo; but, the jury is still out for me that it will help with my anxiety. I'm in a change phase right now for meds and I guess that would rattle anyone.
Lucinda

Just found your posting and wondered if you're still taking Lamictal and how is working for you?
Thanks
Karen

#9 stealyourface722

stealyourface722

ID: 22835

• PipPip
  • 77 posts

Posted 07 April 2008 - 01:47 PM

im actually doin great, hah the only thing that is kinda weird is the vivid dreams. im liking lamictal alot

#10 SCIROCCO

SCIROCCO

ID: 17598

• PipPip
  • 56 posts

Posted 14 April 2008 - 11:54 AM

I too, was told by my pdoc that Lamictal may help with the anxiety. I've had my Lamictal at 300mg for 4 mos or so and I think that, with my 150 mg Wellbutrin, is where it's working for my bipolar. The only problem is that I still have pretty major anxiety (but I don't have panic attacks... nearly get there, but never have). Every time I meet with the doc I tell him I need something for the anxiety. Oh yeah, he has had me on Klonopin for some time also. I've told him it doesn't seem to work. I have .5 mg tabs and have been instructed to take up to 2 every 6-8 hrs as needed. They don't seem to do anything for the anxiety except that they may reduce my breathing a bit. I tried taking 3 of them yesterday because I didn't have to be in class or driving-- anything that might be dangerous. All it did was throw my balance off a bit and quickly put me to sleep. I also tried Buspar a year or so ago and it did nothing. No effect on anxiety but no side effects either. It was like eating jelly beans or something as far as effectiveness.

So, sticking to topic... the Lamictal had no effect whatsoever on my anxiety. Klonopin taken with my 300mg of Lamictal, may have had a slight effect on my rapid breathing. Nothing I've had so far has helped.

Obviously, chemistry is different in everyone sooo.... ??

If anyone has suggestions I (and others apparently) would appreciate them.

BTW... too much Wellbutrin sent me hypomanic.

Edited by SCIROCCO, 14 April 2008 - 11:56 AM.

"I would prefer my madness to the rest of the world's sanity"

~~Vincent van Gogh

#11 Orkid_3

Orkid_3

ID: 22856

• Pip
  • 31 posts

Posted 14 April 2008 - 12:44 PM

Hello!

I was just recently diagnosed as bi-polar after years of treatment for anxiety and depression. I have been taking Lamicatal for just over a month now (100mg), and am so relieved it works so well for me.

I was scared to death to begin to take it, and terrified to get off the klonopin that I had been taking in my previous "cocktail". I think I was emotionally and physically addicted to klonopin because I was taking it for about 6 years, and my anxiety was so bad previously, that I actually am shaking and gaggling PLUS the occasional panic attack thrown in... :hearts:

Anyway (sorry for the ramble) - I'm here to report that my anxiety has gotten a lot better, especially "anticipatory anxiety". I'm having slight depression problems now - but my anxiety seems to be under control.

For me it kind of feels like the lamictal leveled me off from going too low or too high, I only take a 7.5 mg Remeron besides Lamictal and that's just for appetite SE from the Lamictal.

Best Wishes,
LAC
You don't drown by falling in water; you drown by staying there.

#12 KarenRB53

KarenRB53

• PipPip
  • 65 posts

Posted 14 April 2008 - 01:41 PM

Hello!

I was just recently diagnosed as bi-polar after years of treatment for anxiety and depression. I have been taking Lamicatal for just over a month now (100mg), and am so relieved it works so well for me.

I was scared to death to begin to take it, and terrified to get off the klonopin that I had been taking in my previous "cocktail". I think I was emotionally and physically addicted to klonopin because I was taking it for about 6 years, and my anxiety was so bad previously, that I actually am shaking and gaggling PLUS the occasional panic attack thrown in... :hearts:

Anyway (sorry for the ramble) - I'm here to report that my anxiety has gotten a lot better, especially "anticipatory anxiety". I'm having slight depression problems now - but my anxiety seems to be under control.

For me it kind of feels like the lamictal leveled me off from going too low or too high, I only take a 7.5 mg Remeron besides Lamictal and that's just for appetite SE from the Lamictal.

Best Wishes,
LAC

Hi: Did you start really slow with the Lamictal and work up to 100 mg. I'm not clear on what you mean about taking Remeron for appetite SE from the Lamictal??

Karen

#13 KarenRB53

KarenRB53

• PipPip
  • 65 posts

Posted 14 April 2008 - 01:43 PM

Hi all,
Lucinda

Hi Lucinda: Are you still taking the Lamictal and how is it working for you?

Karen

#14 Orkid_3

Orkid_3

ID: 22856

• Pip
  • 31 posts

Posted 14 April 2008 - 01:48 PM

Hello!

Best Wishes,
LAC

Hi: Did you start really slow with the Lamictal and work up to 100 mg. I'm not clear on what you mean about taking Remeron for appetite SE from the Lamictal??

Karen

Sorry about that! I should have been clearer!

I started with a "starter pack" It worked slowly up during the month up to 100 mg. The only side effect I had from the Lamictal was loss of appetite, so I was put back on Remeron, because it gives me a healthy appetite and I wont lose weight.

Hope that helps you! Best wishes,
LAC
You don't drown by falling in water; you drown by staying there.

#15 Kel

Kel

Gold Member

ID: 18679

• Gold Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,127 posts

Posted 14 April 2008 - 02:32 PM

I have been taking lamictal now for about 6 months. i gradually worked my way up to 150mg. I did not notice any anxiety benefits but i am also taking 200mg of welbutrin as well, so that might be offsetting any anxiety issues because welbutrin is known to make people a little jittery. It doesn't with me anymore but in the beginning i was wired for sound with the welbutrin.

I hope you are getting along with the lamictal..you have to give it time to build up in your system i think. i started on a starter pack and worked my way up. I think it is working for me. My moods are not as up and down as they were prior to taking lamictal.

Keep us posted how your doing!

Edited by Kel, 14 April 2008 - 02:34 PM.

This body holding me reminds me of my own mortality.
Embrace this moment. Remember; we are eternal,
all this pain is an illusion. --Maynard James Keenan of Tool

#16 deena427

deena427

Just Registered

ID: 25916

• Just Registered
  • 1 posts

Posted 09 June 2008 - 12:33 AM

[Im 18yrs old and was diagnosed with bipolar i take 200mg of lamictal daily but suffer from really bad panic attacks and have ended up in the emergency room several times i keep telling my doctor but she wont prescribe me anything for anxiety im aggravted arn't the meds there for a reason ?
Im not sure what to do.

#17 moonlightress

moonlightress

Silver Member

ID: 23704

• Silver Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 950 posts

Posted 09 June 2008 - 08:17 AM

Now I have this really odd drug Lactimal to contend with. And I am very nervous indeed.
It's like I reached the end of the line: "Either Lactimal or Lithium." His words.

Hi Faex24
Not sure if you are still around and reading this thread, but I've also been put onto Lamictal (with Wellbutrin and Cymbalta). As well as being used for bipolar, Lamictal also has anti-depressant properties. I am not bipolar, but getting it as an adjunct to the other ADs. I have also been on Lithium in the past, but Lithium and I did not get along. Haven't been on it long so have yet to see what will happen.

When I tried Parnate and then Nardil, people reacted as if i had come to the Very Last Stop, the End of the Line.
But Nardil and Parnate have a lot of fans and for good reason

Nardil and Parnate are still very good ADs. They have a bad rep because of the restricted diet/hypertensive crisis thing, but the advent of the Prozac generation of drugs made us less prepared to compromise with side-effects, and they fell out of favour and now tend to be regarded as options only for treatment-resistant cases. But you're right, they aren't end of the line at all. If my current trial doesn't work out and the psychiatrist suggests one of them, I'd be prepared to give it a go.

#18 Jenny555l

Jenny555l

Just Registered

ID: 37806

• Just Registered
  • 4 posts

Posted 16 June 2009 - 03:08 PM

My Bipolar is taking over me about 2-3 weeks ago
I feel like I am losing all control of my emotions and I feel like i am losing all my friends and it seems like every one hates me.. I feel so alone and I don't know what to do.. i am taking medicine and they just don't seem to be working.. I feel like my life is falling apart and i have no control.. I have a good job making OK money I have a great boyfriend and my daughter is my life.. I have been getting along with my mom i really have no reason for any of these problems to be happening.. I know that bipolar comes and goes and reacts to everyone differently but why now.. I feel weird around a lot of people and at work i think people are talking about me i don't know if they really are but i think they are.. today i seen my dad he always makes me feel better but today i told him that i missed him because i have not seen him since Christmas eve and he didn't say anything.. and he tells me he loves me but when were together he doesn't hug me or talk about anything that matters to me he talks about his work and my sister that i never seen and how she is just like me.. and that she acts just like me when i was a little kid and about how how is spoils her because he never got the chance to do anything for me.. he asks about my daughter but he really doesn't care.. I feel bad for my mother she doesn't know how to deal with the fact that my bipolar is back i can tell she is scared for me and that she knows that the demon is back and she knows i cant control it.. my mother has gone threw so much with me and my issues i don't want her to have to go threw it again.. She doesn't relies that when she says i am going bipolar again that it hurts or when she calls me crazy.. I hate being like this but i have no control.. All day at work i try to not cry but it is so hard i feel like crying all the time and i think some people can sense something is wrong with me so they keep their distance and it bothers me so much.. I have so much on my mind.. Jaqulynne's father is being a wicked d**k not paying child support and he does not relies that I so had it and if he keeps messing with me i am going to take him back to court and make him pay for Jaqulynne's health insurance and wicked screw him over.. lets see what else is bother me I am my period so bad I just keep bleeding.. I just want to sleep all the time because that's the only time i have no worries and i am not crying i cry my self to sleep.... well i guess i will end for now i hope that i will have a better day tomorrow

Now..
Hello I have been on all sorts of meds for my bipolar I have had bipolar for 10 years and lamictal and koltapins and I still have anxiety that is the only thing but at first when you get on the meds they make you feel weird but after a while if you donít take them you will feel more messed up and if you have bipolar it never goes away you might be ok for a little while but the demon comes back so you are better off just staying on your meds..

Edited by Jenny555l, 16 June 2009 - 03:09 PM.

#19 Slomo

Slomo

Just Registered

ID: 37802

• Just Registered
  • 4 posts

Posted 17 June 2009 - 09:14 AM

My Bipolar is taking over me about 2-3 weeks ago
I feel like I am losing all control of my emotions and I feel like i am losing all my friends and it seems like every one hates me.. I feel so alone and I don't know what to do.. i am taking medicine and they just don't seem to be working.. I feel like my life is falling apart and i have no control.. I have a good job making OK money I have a great boyfriend and my daughter is my life.. I have been getting along with my mom i really have no reason for any of these problems to be happening.. I know that bipolar comes and goes and reacts to everyone differently but why now.. I feel weird around a lot of people and at work i think people are talking about me i don't know if they really are but i think they are.. today i seen my dad he always makes me feel better but today i told him that i missed him because i have not seen him since Christmas eve and he didn't say anything.. and he tells me he loves me but when were together he doesn't hug me or talk about anything that matters to me he talks about his work and my sister that i never seen and how she is just like me.. and that she acts just like me when i was a little kid and about how how is spoils her because he never got the chance to do anything for me.. he asks about my daughter but he really doesn't care.. I feel bad for my mother she doesn't know how to deal with the fact that my bipolar is back i can tell she is scared for me and that she knows that the demon is back and she knows i cant control it.. my mother has gone threw so much with me and my issues i don't want her to have to go threw it again.. She doesn't relies that when she says i am going bipolar again that it hurts or when she calls me crazy.. I hate being like this but i have no control.. All day at work i try to not cry but it is so hard i feel like crying all the time and i think some people can sense something is wrong with me so they keep their distance and it bothers me so much.. I have so much on my mind.. Jaqulynne's father is being a wicked d**k not paying child support and he does not relies that I so had it and if he keeps messing with me i am going to take him back to court and make him pay for Jaqulynne's health insurance and wicked screw him over.. lets see what else is bother me I am my period so bad I just keep bleeding.. I just want to sleep all the time because that's the only time i have no worries and i am not crying i cry my self to sleep.... well i guess i will end for now i hope that i will have a better day tomorrow

Now..
Hello I have been on all sorts of meds for my bipolar I have had bipolar for 10 years and lamictal and koltapins and I still have anxiety that is the only thing but at first when you get on the meds they make you feel weird but after a while if you donít take them you will feel more messed up and if you have bipolar it never goes away you might be ok for a little while but the demon comes back so you are better off just staying on your meds..

Hello, I was prescribed lamictal along with 50mg of pristiq...my doc had me start slow (25mg of the lamictal for 10 days, then 50mg at the 20th day). I am experiencing really vivid dreams too, and a sore jaw when I wake up. Yesterday I went in for a check up, and she had me stop the "build up phase" on the lamictal (i was supposed to continue to 100mg a day). SO for right now I am staying at 50mg. It is hard for me to tell honestly what side effects are from what drug (the lamictal or the pristiq) and what good benefits are from what drug..as I have never been on anything in the past and began both at the same time. I can say though, that my anxiety has reduced greatly, and other than a few minor issues I feel a lot better. I had a few very strange days(SUPER high anxiety at about the 15 day mark)...I just stuck it out in the hopes that giving it time would work out all the kinks...and so far so good.

In my case, the benefits of this combo has completely out numbered the minor side effects. I will take a sore jaw any day over crying jags and insane mood swings that cripple my life...and torture my friends and family.

Just my experience, hope it helps. :)

#20 Slomo

Slomo

Just Registered

ID: 37802

• Just Registered
  • 4 posts

Posted 17 June 2009 - 09:17 AM

[Im 18yrs old and was diagnosed with bipolar i take 200mg of lamictal daily but suffer from really bad panic attacks and have ended up in the emergency room several times i keep telling my doctor but she wont prescribe me anything for anxiety im aggravted arn't the meds there for a reason ?
Im not sure what to do.

Hello, I would try to see another doctor. If you are ending up in the ER and your doctor isn't trying other methods....then...well, it may be time to seek a second opinion. Just my .02 cents. Hope you feel better soon. Good luck. :)

#21 Jenny555l

Jenny555l

Just Registered

• Just Registered
  • 4 posts

Posted 17 June 2009 - 09:27 AM

I am on 200mg of lamictal and .5 of koltapins and the kolatpins dont seem to be helping my anixety and does anyone else feel tingly on lamictal and my doc seeems to think that the lamictal is also for anxity...

#22 Moodymom

Moodymom

ID: 37843

• Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 17 June 2009 - 10:24 PM

I was on 175mg of Lamictal over the last year. In the lat few months I wanted to see if I was doing well enough again to be off of it. So far so good, I am down to 50mg and I will finish that up at the end of this month. I felt that it helped me feel less depressed and helped with mood swings, but nothing for anxiety. I found meditation & yoga really helped for that, my shrink says that yoga does wonders for bipolar people, helps them focus.
Now I wish I could find something to help with my cravings. I know it has thrown me off a little and I have put some wieght back on, the other thing it seemed to help with was salt cravings believe it or not.
MoodyMom:

Canadian Mom of 2 great young boys!

#23 ChrystalR

ChrystalR

Platinum Member

ID: 25013

• Platinum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,925 posts

Posted 17 June 2009 - 10:54 PM

I am not sure really.
Been on Lamictal for.. hum.. 6 weeks now, I think?

Gotten up to the 200 mg dose.

I`m just generally feeling "high up there".
My paranoia/social phobia (makes me angsty) is off some days, and on very strongly other days.

So, I have no idea. My shrink didn`t say anything about that helping on other areas than mood-stabilizing.
*.*.*

Suspect I may, yet not directly tell:
For being both to me, both to each friend.
I guess one angel in another's hell:
The truth I shall not know, but live in doubt,
Till my bad angel fire my good one out.

Posted Image

*.*.*

#24 Jenny555l

Jenny555l

Just Registered

• Just Registered
  • 4 posts

Posted 18 June 2009 - 02:18 PM

I have been feeling all sorts of feeling I feel sad, mad, angry, confused and I don't like it I cant stand it I cant get in to see a med doctor because it will take three months and i am on a whole bunch of waiting list.. My regular Doctor told me yesterday that he is not giving me any more prescriptions from my Bipolar and or for my anxiety which i don't know why.. I think i really need to get a new regular Doctor because mine wicked s*cks.. today has been really hard for me I had a wicked bad dream last night and i did not get much sleep i don't know if my lamictal is working and i def know that the kolatapins are not working i have been taking antihistamine with it so that i can make it threw a work day without crying some days i am OK and others i feel like a big emotional mess.. at times i don't think i have bipolar all the doctors i have seen think so i thinks its because my grandmother had it and my uncle and both of my cousins do also.. i don't have racing thoughts and i DON'T want to **** my self and i DON'T want to **** anyone else I just feel lost and i feel like my head is going one way then the other and i keep thinking about things and i just cant stop and relax that's how it feel in my head... when i am at home i don't go on cleaning spears i wish someone could understand and help me threw my mom really has no clue what to do or say and she tries so hard to help but she just ends up making me so mad... well i hope someone can help me and give some advice because i feel so alone and lost and don't know were to turn or what to do...

#25 bleu120cherry

bleu120cherry

Just Registered

ID: 38173

• Just Registered
  • 4 posts

Posted 29 June 2009 - 05:49 AM

Hey hi, I am on 75mg of Lamictal, 0.5mg of Klonopin and 25mg Atarax for about 5 months. I was doing fine though occasionally, I still feel all angsty and sometimes, I wonder if all that good energy from work was from me or my hypomanic state. But now, I tangibly see and feel the relapse. Can't sleep though I up Atarax to 50mg.

Thinking of going back to my first shrink for Lexapro and Remeron (that knock me out) instantly. Any advice?

By the way, any other who have had relapses from bipolar? Till now, I am still half-convinced that I am a Bipolar-II case.

Thanks.

#26 joneillmartin

joneillmartin

Just Registered

ID: 44649

• Just Registered
  • 3 posts

Posted 17 January 2010 - 07:54 PM

i know its a mood stablizer, but does it calm you down or make you drowsy or somethin? i ask because my prozac makes me a tad anxious so i wonder if it will help my anxiety.

I don't think lamictal or lactimal (both lamotrigene) is good for anxiety. It is a great mood stabilizer for depression, but if you are like me and suffer from GAD (general anxiety) it might not be helpful. For me, Lactimal has done nothing to relieve my anxiety, in fact it has been worse than I've ever experienced in my whole life. Hopefully when I am done weaning myself off I will feel better.

Hope this helps :)

#27 joneillmartin

joneillmartin

Just Registered

• Just Registered
  • 3 posts

Posted 17 January 2010 - 07:57 PM

I am on 200mg of lamictal and .5 of koltapins and the kolatpins dont seem to be helping my anixety and does anyone else feel tingly on lamictal and my doc seeems to think that the lamictal is also for anxity...

you know what I noticed that my fingers always feel tingly after taking lactimal too! And my doctor thinks it's good for anxiety but for me it has only made it worse. I really don't think they should keep prescribing it for anxiety. Anyways I think the tingling thing is a side effect

#28 joneillmartin

joneillmartin

Just Registered

• Just Registered
  • 3 posts

Posted 17 January 2010 - 08:00 PM

Im not sure what to do.

Get another doctor. The key to getting help is finding a doctor who will listen to you. My doctor prescribed me a medicine that made my anxiety so bad I ended up in the hospital. Because he didn't take me seriously he misdiagnosed me and I ended up in the ER for a panic attack

#29 heather0903

heather0903

ID: 44754

• Pip
  • 32 posts

Posted 26 January 2010 - 11:33 AM

How long is it supposed to take Lamictal to work? I've been on mine for like 4 weeks now and an antidepressant for like 3 but I still don't feel better at all. I had like one day where I almost felt normal but then back to wanting to stay in bed all day and feel like an outcast.

The doc said that this was like the "sun trying to break through the clouds" and I hope he's right. It's so hard to have hope after feeling so bad for so long. This spell I've been under for the last 6 months has really messed up my life and now I have anxiety too because I don't know how I'm ever going to fix it!

#30 jedphelym

jedphelym

Just Registered

ID: 57021

• Just Registered
  • 1 posts

Posted 12 January 2011 - 06:50 AM

I take Lamictal (lamotrigine) for epilepsy, and have found it to be very effective in reducing stress and anxiety, of which I would have suffered alongside epilepsy, but was not treated for. In fact, of any drug I've ever taken for epilepsy, Lamictal is by far the best. It's anti-anxiety effects are a side-effect for me, but are really very good.

#31 Achelois

Achelois

ID: 50989

• Just Registered
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,255 posts

Posted 12 January 2011 - 05:01 PM

Not in my case.
Got Clonex for SOS.

#32 SwirlingLights

SwirlingLights

ID: 57698

• Pip
  • 20 posts

Posted 29 January 2011 - 03:48 AM

No, I used to be on 1000mg for epilepsy and it did nothing but make me a zombie. If you're not bipolar this drug is not for you... and even at 400mg it's a high dose and can make you feel emotionless if you don't have those symptoms. Plus it doesn't have a coating so it dissolves right at the impact of your saliva. I utterly hate that drug. But it does work very well for mood stabilization, bipolar, and epilepsy.

#33 foamhand

foamhand

Just Registered

ID: 71038

• Just Registered
  • 1 posts

Posted 16 November 2011 - 02:12 PM

Lamictal has all but eliminated my severe depression ( very rare bouts still happen), but controls my anxiety poorly. I am about to ask my Dr. about starting Buspar. I am also a tobacco user, and my Dr. said tobacco use can negate a fair amount of benefit from a depression / bipolar related medication (up to around 40% less benefit). I am going to try to quit tobacco also. My manic episodes occur once or twice a week, but do not yet require hospitalization. I am quite hyperactive and have racing thoughts during work or under moderate to severe stress. I wonder if I may have ADHD also.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users