Advertisement
  • No one should be alone in this. We can help.
If you - or someone you know - are having thoughts about suicide, call 1-800-273-TALK (8255). Calls are connected to a certified crisis center nearest the caller's location. Services are available 24 hours a day, seven days a week.                                                                            If you - or someone you know - are having thoughts about suicide, call 1-800-273-TALK (8255). Calls are connected to a certified crisis center nearest the caller's location. Services are available 24 hours a day, seven days a week.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Photo

Positive stories about Wellbutrin

• Please log in to reply
333 replies to this topic

#1 Lindsay

Lindsay

Forum Super Administrator

ID: 2

• Super Administrators
  • 15,152 posts

Posted 26 March 2005 - 11:02 PM

Mel,
The Paxil is more likely to give you the 'zaps' than the Wellbutrin.   :;):

It's great to hear your feeling good and especially the 20 lb weight loss!
Thanks for the update, sweetie.

Laura, Wellcome to Wellbutrin!
Welbutrin is one of the 'milder' AD's.  Really nothing to be afraid of.  
Best wishes to you both and keep on sharing.   :love:
  • leezie likes this

Be Well....

~Lindsay ღ , Forum Super Administrator
Founder, depressionforums.org

Forum Super Administrator
DF member since June 2001 goldenvelope1jr.gif  

----
"I cannot make my mark for all time...those concepts are mutually exclusive.
"Lasting effect" is a self -contradictory term.  Meaning does not exist in the future, nor do I.  
Nothing will have meaning, "ultimately."
Nothing will even mean tomorrow what it did today.  Meaning changes with the context.

My meaningfulness is in the here and now. It is enough that I may be of value to someone today.
It is enough that I make a difference now."  ~Lindsay    

Hotlines

kumanomi.gif

#2 Melmont

Melmont

Advanced Member

ID: 1205

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 256 posts

Posted 26 March 2005 - 08:25 PM

Hey all!

I've been really impressed with Wellbutrin as well.  I didn't notice much in the way of side effects -- headaches for a bit, a mild wound-up kind of feeling at first.  I also found that it actually helped alleviate some of the side effects of the Paxil I've been taking for anxiety (with poor results, I might add).

I've lost 20 pounds, which I've been trying to do forever.  I did notice that I got the "zaps" more often than with some other meds, but nothing too bad otherwise.  I didn't notice any aggravation of my anxiety either.

Yay Wellbutrin!

• leezie likes this
...just looking for things to make sense again.

love, Melmont.

#3 melpointy

melpointy

Silver Member

ID: 490

• Silver Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,068 posts

Posted 21 October 2004 - 10:26 PM

I just wanted to share my positive experience now that i have been on WB for a month.  100mg SR.  I have more energy, I feel better, less numb, i dont obsess as much, i have lots of libido, and I feel more like myself before all the ssRi's i used to take.

The only problem is sleep but i am sure an anti anxiety will help with that in the evening.  A lil anxiety but heck who doesnt'

I just love my little blue pill.   :hearts: :cool1:

• leezie and joannestevenson like this
"We work hard at convincing ourselves that the world is the same way as it was as a child.  We justify that our protective behavior is necessary because as kids we were wounded.  The problem is that through this process we recreate the wounding."  Van Joines Phd.

#4 SharonEG

SharonEG

Platinum Member

ID: 302

• Platinum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,859 posts

Posted 09 August 2005 - 09:27 AM

You know, it really is true - the long-term users of a med never hang around!!

Hi, everyone, I started WB 4 years ago [I was moderator of this room for a long time] but I never come in here any more, so I suddenly felt conscience struck and thought I ought to add my 2 cents worth.

Wellbutrin has been good to me (those are my pdoc's words but it is true).  It is true that it is no longer as effective as it once was, but in combination with Celexa I am pretty stable and have survived the most horrendous year.

At one stage I dropped to 150mg SR per day (mainly because I kept forgetting the second pill!) - the deterioration was slow as far as mood stability is concerned (no withdrawal symptoms at all though) - but I sure noticed the improvement when I started taking the two pills a day again! (And I can't afford to buy name brand 300mg XL)

It is a good drug but like all ads it doesn't help everyone.  I hope some of you find the same success with it that I have.

Sharon

#5 lizard

lizard

ID: 20

• Platinum Member
  • 4,868 posts

Posted 23 October 2004 - 12:14 AM

(((((Mel)))))
I'm so glad you're doing well on the WB!
Wishing you pleasant dreams - a nice, long night's sleep of them :hearts:
  • leezie likes this
Courage doesn't always roar. Sometimes courage is that little voice at the end of the day that says: "I'll try again tomorrow."
Anne Hunninghake

Posted Image

hotlines

#6 lizard

lizard

• Platinum Member
  • 4,868 posts

Posted 08 July 2004 - 09:10 PM

+---Topic: Positive Stories about Wellbutrin started by lizard
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Posted by: Bettina01 on Mar. 25 2004,19:12

Hi everyone,

I've been taking Wellbutrin XL 150 mg per day for 24 days now. Occasionally I take two of them in one day (300 mg total), and then return to taking the 150 mg per day. I'm also taking .5 mg of Klonopin (an anti-anxiety med) at night. So far I'm very happy with the results. I have virtually no side effects other than the good ones: losing weight and having more energy and motivation. On this antidepressant I feel more emotional than before. I laugh more and cry more, but don't feel depressed. It's a welcome difference from the medication I was taking previously, Prozac, which dulled my emotions. I'm very glad this forum was here to help me choose this medication. Hopefully the positive effects will continue and I will be able to post on this "positive stories" thread again sometime in the future.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Posted by: DarthKelly on Mar. 31 2004,19:41

This is the second time I have been on Wellbutrin, the first time, I ran out of money for my scrip.  Anyway... Wellbutrin has been so much better for me than any other AD.

Other ADs have caused me to have a dampening of all emotions, and thereby strengthening the depression.  Sigh.  But Wellbutrin has lessened the depression, and not had any effect on my other emotions.

I remember the first time I took it, I felt so good.  Not manic, not depressed, just... like me, without any anchors holding me down, or anything like that.  It felt so liberating.  I've been depressed for as long as I can remember, and I didn't honestly believe that there was any other state of being.  Somewhere on some subconcious level, I thought I wasn't really depressed, that everyone felt the way I did, and I was just being dramatic about it.  That is why it came as such a shock to me to not feel that way.  I have thought often since I started on WB, "I didn't know I could feel like this."

I am so happy with WB and what it has done for me. =)
Posted by: lizard on Mar. 31 2004,19:53

Bettina01 and DarthKelly,
Thank you for sharing your good experiences on WB. It's encouraging to hear about successes.
Be well ---
Karen
Posted by: electropop on April 09 2004,09:27

Just want to add to the general happy tone of this thread.  I've been on WB for almost 2 years and have lost depression, fuzzy thinking, and weight (30 lbs).  I have gained strength, happiness, and libido.  There were a few minor SE's at first (nausea, hyper-emotionality), but it was well worth waiting them out.  I am particularly impressed by comparison with the numerous other AD's (mostly SSRI's) I tried, which were all crap as far as I'm concerned. Love my purple smiley pill!

PS Lizard; thanks for the warm welcome, and same to you friend!

Posted by: Ocracoker16 on April 09 2004,10:12

Wellbutrin SR has been the best antidepressant I have ever been on.  I have been on it 3 years straight having taken 400 mgs for over a year.  This med has caused me few side effects.  I like that it does not increase appetite as gaining weight just further depresses me.  I am glad it has a slight kick to it, because it helps balance out some of the drowsiness from my other meds.  The other antidepressants I have been on are Prozac, Luvox, Zoloft, Celexa, Lexapro, Paxil, Anafranil, Effexor XR,and Serzone.  It is really hard for me to find a good antidepressant because I am Bipolar and AD's can easily trigger mania.  Wellbutrin has never caused such a problem for me.  I love my pink smiley face pills!  I wish everyone all the luck with Wellbutrin.

Katie  

Posted by: Really real, honest. on May 12 2004,22:27

I have been on Welbutrim for about a year now.  2 pills a day, 300 what-ever.  The only side effect is a ringing in the ears, which I don't even notice until I stop and think about it.  I hear it now because I am writting about it, but this is the first time today I have noticed it.
Thank god for modern medicine, and I don't even believe in god!  This drug is the 'bomb', as those young kids would say.  (Hopefully I am keeping up with the latest slang.)  I don't think I ever want to stop taking this stuff.  Before - I was thinking very not good thoughts, crying for no reason what-so-ever, having problems concentrating at work, and doing serious harm to my relationship with my SO (significant other).  Now - the bad thoughts are rare and not as bad, no more crying, being more productive at work, and making progress with my SO.
Initially theorpy also helped me deal with some of these issues, when I was in more of a crises mode.  But now I am on the drug and see my theorpist only about once every other month.
I used to think that if I was suppose to be happy I would have been born that way.  That having bouts of depression was normal, and I should just tough it out.  And I had to rationalize taking the drug, as I am normally a "no pills for me thank you very much" type of guy.  I told my self that I would take the drug because I wanted to repair the relationship with my SO.  I am totally pro drug now and am considering "coming out" to my family about my depression.
Posted by: lizard on May 13 2004,07:04

Hi, Honest - welcome to DF.
Thanks for adding your positive experience to our WB room. Glad it's been of so much help to you. Sounds like you've come a long way.
Wishing you continued wellness ---
Karen
Posted by: Ocracoker16 on May 20 2004,09:04

Honest, I am so glad that you have such great success with Wellbutrin with only one minor side effect.  You sound like you have made so much progress with your attitude about depression and taking meds.  Recognizing that you don't have to suffer through this on your own is so important.  I think you will find support from others who want to tell their families.  I wish you continued results from WB and your new outlook.

Katie  
Posted by: jillivinilly on May 23 2004,22:45

Wellbutrin has saved my life, literally I'm sure. I was on WB for several years and then quit last fall...long, stupid story why...but I steadily fell back into a deep damaging depression. Luckily, I went back to my pdoc and began taking WB (400mg) again about a month ago. I think it is wonderful, helpful drug. I also take fluoxitine (sp) (prozac). Jill
Posted by: smileyjack on May 25 2004,17:39

I am taking wellbutrin for my depression and PTSD.  I currently take 300mg per day and I have noticed some relief from my symptoms.  It did take awhile for the wellbutrin to work and it was funny to see how gradual the positive effects were in their coming.  I felt like I was inching towards happiness everyday.  Nonetheless, I feel so much better than I did before.  I am a much happier person but there is still a little anxiety so my doctor will be adding zoloft to the mix of meds.
To all those holding out for the better days on wellbutrin...just hang on a little longer wellbufriends.  Remember not to anxious about the good effects not coming quick enough.  I think if you worry about the arrival you will miss the whole trip!  
  • leezie likes this
Courage doesn't always roar. Sometimes courage is that little voice at the end of the day that says: "I'll try again tomorrow."
Anne Hunninghake

Posted Image

hotlines

#7 we2angels

we2angels

ID: 75

• Pip
  • 17 posts

Posted 15 July 2004 - 11:15 AM

Nobody has responded here in a while, so here goes.  After reading all of the bad side effects (especially anger), I guess I feel lucky I just have some bloating, appetite loss and insomnia.  No anger and my energy is up.  I used to get angry or upset a lot and did for a little bit yesterday, but nothing big.  Though I have insomnia and wake up a lot, I am not as sleepy during the day.  I can focus a little better now and haven't cried once.  I'm excited to see in a couple more weeks what will happen.  So far I've lost 8lbs, but that's been b/c my sugar cravings have diminished.  I hope I'm not the only one who isn't suffering.  I do feel for those who are, but my psychiatrist said Wellbutrin aggravates anxiety really badly.  I rarely get anxious, so I was a good candidate for it.  Good luck to you all!:hearts:
Taking it day by day by day....

#8 lizard

lizard

• Platinum Member
  • 4,868 posts

Posted 15 July 2004 - 05:55 PM

we2angels,
How wonderful that your start-up has gone so smoothly, and that you're already feeling better. Thanks for sharing your positive experience.
Anne Hunninghake

Posted Image

hotlines

#9 Ingenieur

Ingenieur

Silver Member

ID: 141

• Silver Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 888 posts

Posted 22 August 2004 - 09:22 AM

I have to add my positive story here.  I've tried a lot of meds, been on some for several years.  I have to say that with Wellbutrin the balance between positive effects and side effects is by far the best out of all the meds I've tried.

The only side effects I've really noticed are occasional flare-ups of Dermatitis (an existing condition I have).  I have probably the least severe form of dermatitis - if something scratches me (even lightly) the area gets very red and very itchy.  I use anti-histamines to help with this and the effect seems to be wearing off.

Overall, though, I find my mood is better all-round and my energy level is up.  I actually feel rested after getting 7-8hours of sleep.  

I started Wellbutrin about 8 weeks ago, I'm on 300mg/day now.  I'm also taking 75mg/day of effexor.  Prior to getting on Wb, I was taking 375mg/day of effexor.  Had been for close to year.  Then I crashed big-time.  Things are looking better, though...
"Above all else, to thine own self be true." William Shakespeare

#10 TriPolarTroy

TriPolarTroy

ID: 437

• Pip
  • 35 posts

Posted 06 August 2004 - 01:35 PM

I've been taking Wellbutrin SR 150 2x day(3 weeks) in addition to 1500mg of Depakote and I haven't had any side effects at all. I'm Bipolar II so it's been difficult trying to find the right combo of anti-dep and mood stabilizer.  :hearts:

#11 alida

alida

Just Registered

ID: 517

• Just Registered
  • 2 posts

Posted 20 August 2004 - 11:31 AM

HI, I have been on Wellbutrin for 5 days now and feel more levelled. I have ringing in the ears only. I have increased to 300mg. today. i'm trying to stick with it.

#12 lizard

lizard

• Platinum Member
  • 4,868 posts

Posted 22 August 2004 - 06:30 PM

Welcome to DF, alida!
It's great that you're starting to feel some positive effects so quickly, and I hope things keep getting better for you each day. Hang in there! And please keep us updated on how you're doing...

Ingenieur,
I'm so glad to hear of your overall improvement since going on the WB. It's always encouraging to know that we CAN feel better!

TriPolar Troy,
I hope you're feeling some positive effects from the WB now, also.

Thanks for sharing, everyone! Wishing all of you the best...
  • chiveon likes this
Anne Hunninghake

Posted Image

hotlines

#13 Publius

Publius

ID: 687

• Pip
  • 26 posts

Posted 16 September 2004 - 08:16 PM

I'm only on my second day of Wellbutrin and I like reading the success stories here. I don't know if it's just wishful thinking or what, but I really feel better even after two days.

I am very hopeful about this, which is unusual for me to be hopeful.  :D
  • leezie likes this

#14 laurafucci

laurafucci

ID: 962

• Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 04 January 2005 - 05:09 PM

It's so nice to see some good stories, reading about all of the side effects scared me away for a week after I got a scrip for wb.  But, I got so desparate I finally started it 3 days ago and I know it's not supposed to work right away, but I swear it did.  The energy burst the first afternoon was crazy, especially since I had been in bed for a week.  It seems to all be levelling off a little more each day though.  I feel so much better than I did last week at this time.  I'm a little nervous about ramping up on Sunday like I'm supposed to, but I'm going to go for it since it is going so well.  Hopefully this with a good psychologist will get me on track!

#15 femmefata1e

femmefata1e

ID: 9699

• Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 31 August 2006 - 09:13 AM

Hey all!

I've been really impressed with Wellbutrin as well. I didn't notice much in the way of side effects -- headaches for a bit, a mild wound-up kind of feeling at first.

I've lost 20 pounds, which I've been trying to do forever.
Yay Wellbutrin!

I so hope that happens to me, too! I was prescribed Wellbutrin XL for management of pain (I have endometriosis) and so far it's working well. I have only been on the 150's for a week, and step up my dosage tomorrow. I haven't had many side effects yet..

One of my problems is that, for most of my life I've been very thin (5'5", 104lbs) but my pain has gotten so bad that I can no longer go to the gym, or really do much of anything but lay in bed or on my couch. Pain meds just make me more lethargic (or worse, sick to my stomach) and they don't even effectively manage the pain, to boot! Add to that the complete inactivity has made me gain 30 pounds (!) :bump: So, enter the Wellbutrin.

May I ask how long it took to lose the weight? I am already experiencing slight appetite supressant, so I hope that when I go to 300's the weight loss will really take off. I already feel a bit of an energy boost.. not quite a 'speedy' feeling, but I am getting out, off the couch.. I even went for a walk yesterday with my husband! I am hoping I will be able to get back to the gym soon and resume some sort of (normal) life.

Nice to meet you all :hearts:

Edited by femmefata1e, 31 August 2006 - 09:14 AM.

• leezie likes this

#16 lizard

lizard

• Platinum Member
  • 4,868 posts

Posted 31 August 2006 - 08:32 PM

For me, the weight loss started almost immediately. The energy boost the WB gave me really helped, and it sounds like you're already experiencing that.
Good luck!
Anne Hunninghake

Posted Image

hotlines

#17 marklaspalmas

marklaspalmas

ID: 10073

• Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 17 September 2006 - 05:16 PM

this sounds so positive!

#18 jaimie41

jaimie41

Just Registered

ID: 11318

• Just Registered
  • 2 posts

Posted 02 November 2006 - 02:56 PM

Thank you to all for posting these positives about Wellbutrin :hearts:

I signed up here not for myself but for my hubby who begins Wellbutrin tommorrow for depression. He will be taking 100 mg 2 x day to begin with. Gonna have to go the generic route until ins. kicks in on the 11th of this month.Im really worried about how this will affect him. I would hate for him to be worse off after starting meds. We're hoping for some GOOD side effects such as a little weight loss and maybe even something in the libido dept. would be great! I started scouring the internet for info and much of it seems to be negative and frankly quite terrifying so it was refreshing to find these uplifting posts!

I hope to visit here often and get much needed inspiration and information :bump:

Thank You all.....Jaimie

#19 ithomas

ithomas

ID: 10613

• PipPip
  • 96 posts

Posted 02 November 2006 - 04:13 PM

Here's a link I found on another web site on the side effects of Wellbutrin. Apparently this woman added Wellbutrin to her Zoloft because she had a loss of sex drive, and well... read it. Pretty hard for me to believe, but maybe it's true?

http://www.nytimes.c...;partner=rssnyt

#20 jaimie41

jaimie41

Just Registered

ID: 11318

• Just Registered
  • 2 posts

Posted 02 November 2006 - 08:19 PM

Here's a link I found on another web site on the side effects of Wellbutrin. Apparently this woman added Wellbutrin to her Zoloft because she had a loss of sex drive, and well... read it. Pretty hard for me to believe, but maybe it's true?

That IS hard to believe but if it IS true then YAYYY!!! for her! :hearts:

Edited by jaimie41, 02 November 2006 - 08:21 PM.

#21 coaxle

coaxle

ID: 10820

• Pip
  • 39 posts

Posted 02 November 2006 - 09:26 PM

That IS hard to believe but if it IS true then YAYYY!!! for her! :hearts:

Hi, l was wondering if l should take wellbutrin along with my Paxil. I do get anxiety though, does
it make the anxiety worse on Wellbutrin. I really need something to help my sex drive, paxil has killed it.
Any thoughts?

#22 xXxSunshinexXx

xXxSunshinexXx

ID: 882

• Pip
  • 37 posts

Posted 12 November 2006 - 01:21 PM

I was put on Wellbutrin XL 300, Seroquel 50 mg and Luvox 50 mg about 2 years ago for a dx of Mild Bipolar, Depression, Social Anxiety Disorder and OCD. I thought that it was a good combination, but the seroquel made me too sedated so I eliminated that completely. And then I stopped getting my Luvox refilled because it was contributing to my weight gain. That was a year and a half ago. Then, I ran out of my Wellbutrin , I had missed an appointment with my doc and had to pay money I didn't have to see him again. Needless to say, I stopped everything (didn't have a choice, no doc, no insurance) and I have sense gained about 45-50 lbs. I finally was able to get insurance again a few months ago. I went to see the doctor and he told me I was borderline diabetic (runs in the family), so now I have to take meds for that. He also gave me the meds I was on before (he didn't initially dx me) so that I could at least feel stable again. The only difference was that instead of XL (my insurance wouldn't pay for it) he put me on Wellbutrin SR. I now have an appt with my psych in a couple of weeks to see if there is any modification that needs to happen.

Wellbutrin by itself is wonderful. It has helped me with my mood swings some and has made me feel like a new person when I was in a dark pit. The biggest thing is that it has also helped me significantly with my smoking. I used to smoke half a pack a day and now I only smoke maybe 3-5 cigs a day. My doc said I only need to lose about 40 lbs. I have already lost 9 lbs on the current meds, but I also suffer from binge eating (picked up over the last year). I can go without eating all day, but then I will have bouts where I have to eat everything in front of me. It has ceased alot, but I think my meds may not be helping with the bingeing. I have been on my meds fpr about 3 weeks now.

#23 need2

need2

ID: 11382

• Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 20 November 2006 - 06:37 PM

I was put on Wellbutrin XL 300, Seroquel 50 mg and Luvox 50 mg about 2 years ago for a dx of Mild Bipolar, Depression, Social Anxiety Disorder and OCD. I thought that it was a good combination, but the seroquel made me too sedated so I eliminated that completely. And then I stopped getting my Luvox refilled because it was contributing to my weight gain. That was a year and a half ago. Then, I ran out of my Wellbutrin , I had missed an appointment with my doc and had to pay money I didn't have to see him again. Needless to say, I stopped everything (didn't have a choice, no doc, no insurance) and I have sense gained about 45-50 lbs. I finally was able to get insurance again a few months ago. I went to see the doctor and he told me I was borderline diabetic (runs in the family), so now I have to take meds for that. He also gave me the meds I was on before (he didn't initially dx me) so that I could at least feel stable again. The only difference was that instead of XL (my insurance wouldn't pay for it) he put me on Wellbutrin SR. I now have an appt with my psych in a couple of weeks to see if there is any modification that needs to happen.

Wellbutrin by itself is wonderful. It has helped me with my mood swings some and has made me feel like a new person when I was in a dark pit. The biggest thing is that it has also helped me significantly with my smoking. I used to smoke half a pack a day and now I only smoke maybe 3-5 cigs a day. My doc said I only need to lose about 40 lbs. I have already lost 9 lbs on the current meds, but I also suffer from binge eating (picked up over the last year). I can go without eating all day, but then I will have bouts where I have to eat everything in front of me. It has ceased alot, but I think my meds may not be helping with the bingeing. I have been on my meds fpr about 3 weeks now.

Hey everybody I started taking WEllbutrin xl 2 weeks ago and I already feel a difference! it is amazing and I can't say enough good things about it! I have not cried myself to sleep since I've started taking it, I haven't had anymore suicidal thoughts, I've had tons I means tons more energy, Ha I've cleaned my room:) , and I've actually been able to stick to a diet plan. I took 150mg for four days and then moved onto 300mgs I'm so happy i found this stuff!

#24 Beanchop99

Beanchop99

Platinum Member

ID: 9557

• Platinum Member
  • 4,247 posts

Posted 20 November 2006 - 07:19 PM

Need2:

I am so happy that WB is working wonders for you. :hearts: Many, like you and I, have found great success in taking WB. In addition to contributing to my recovery, I have found that the side effects with WB are few.

Keep us posted on how you're doing.

-Bean
Truth. Beauty. Freedom. Love.
Posted Image

Suicide Hotlines

#25 need2

need2

ID: 11382

• Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 29 November 2006 - 10:42 PM

Need2:

I am so happy that WB is working wonders for you. :hearts: Many, like you and I, have found great success in taking WB. In addition to contributing to my recovery, I have found that the side effects with WB are few.

Keep us posted on how you're doing.

-Bean

Hey everyone,
More good news! I cleaned my car... I" mean my trunk and all. I haven't done that in like two years. I know disgusting! Also, I thought I would mention that I have only binged once the whole time I've been on WB! I used to 3-4 times a week! I feel like I have a hold on my ed and am in more control. I just feel so much better about life. I feel like I can conquor things now! ...I've decided to stay in school! which made my parents extremely happy. I feel like I can do it now! Anyways hope everyone is doing good!
abby
PS i also took up my job again that I had quit b/c of social anxiety and my depression(its a very customer oriented job) I had hated the job(along with many other things then) and now none of that stuff is in my way and I am actually good at it!

#26 Beanchop99

Beanchop99

Platinum Member

• Platinum Member
  • 4,247 posts

Posted 30 November 2006 - 11:23 AM

Need2:

Good for you!!! :hearts: I'm thrilled that WB is working so well for you.

Now that your doing so well, don't forget about us. :bump: Keep us posted.

-Bean
Posted Image

Suicide Hotlines

#27 dtacmed

dtacmed

ID: 9250

• PipPip
  • 53 posts

Posted 13 December 2006 - 03:56 PM

ok here goes. I have been on lexapro for about 4 months doc added on 75mg bupropion about 3 weeks ago (wimpy dose) I was not making alot of progress so he said cut lex in half (5mg) and start Wellbutrin 150mg XL. after cutting lex dose for 4 days and adding Wellbutrin I feel great almost scary. Has anyone else had such promising results in such a short time.

#28 Beanchop99

Beanchop99

Platinum Member

• Platinum Member
  • 4,247 posts

Posted 13 December 2006 - 04:02 PM

ok here goes. I have been on lexapro for about 4 months doc added on 75mg bupropion about 3 weeks ago (wimpy dose) I was not making alot of progress so he said cut lex in half (5mg) and start Wellbutrin 150mg XL. after cutting lex dose for 4 days and adding Wellbutrin I feel great almost scary. Has anyone else had such promising results in such a short time.

WB worked wonders for me almost from the very start. I'm happy to hear that it's having such a positive affect on you, but I'm worried about your feeling so good it's "scary." You meant "scary" in a good way, right?

-Bean
Posted Image

Suicide Hotlines

#29 dtacmed

dtacmed

ID: 9250

• PipPip
  • 53 posts

Posted 13 December 2006 - 05:08 PM

WB worked wonders for me almost from the very start. I'm happy to hear that it's having such a positive affect on you, but I'm worried about your feeling so good it's "scary." You meant "scary" in a good way, right?

-Bean

Yea a good way just been crappy for so long thought it was going to stay that way

#30 Beanchop99

Beanchop99

Platinum Member

• Platinum Member
  • 4,247 posts

Posted 13 December 2006 - 05:50 PM

Yea a good way just been crappy for so long thought it was going to stay that way

dtacmed:

Isn't it great to start feeling better? I know I felt so new, so refreshed once my depression lifted (for the most part, anyway) and I regained control over my life.

I'm so glad you're doing better! :hearts:

Be sure to keep us posted.

-Bean
Posted Image

Suicide Hotlines

#31 Here'sHoping

Here'sHoping

ID: 12743

• Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 20 December 2006 - 10:29 PM

dtacmed:

Isn't it great to start feeling better? I know I felt so new, so refreshed once my depression lifted (for the most part, anyway) and I regained control over my life.

I'm so glad you're doing better! :hearts:

-Bean

Just found this site and am impressed with the positive info on Wellbutrin. I'm starting Wellbutrin tomorrow - wish me luck!

#32 Beanchop99

Beanchop99

Platinum Member

• Platinum Member
  • 4,247 posts

Posted 21 December 2006 - 05:08 PM

Here's Hoping:

Hello and welcome! I'm glad you found us!

I'm wishing you all of the luck in the world! :hearts: So many people have found great success with Wellbutrin. I hope this works out well for you.

How many mgs will you be taking? Will you be increasing the dosage in the coming weeks? Is this your first time on meds?

Please keep us posted.

-Bean
Posted Image

Suicide Hotlines

#33 Here'sHoping

Here'sHoping

• Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 24 December 2006 - 06:23 PM

I'm on my fourth day of WB. Things are going very well so far. The first day, it seemed like I had more energy and motivation. (Maybe a bit early for positive results but it certainly felt that way). I've had no grogginess, or sleeplessness. I took 100 mg for the first 3 days and today I am suppose to double the dose. So let's see how that goes. I was scared to try WB because at the beginning of 2005 I was on efexor and had a lot of negative side affects in the first few weeks as well as when I tapered off a year later. While on Effexor, I gained weight, lost my sex drive, always dry mouth, but yes I did feel better mentally for awhile until I couldn't handle the side affects anymore. So needless to say, I was leary about WB, but I heard that you're not suppose to gain weight or loose you SD. So I am hoping I'm on the right path to feeling a whole lot better with minimal to no side affects. As a newbie to this forum, I am encouraged by the positive comments I have read about WB. As for now, WB is agreeing with me - I know, it's only been 3 1/2 days, but hey, here's hoping!!
Merry Christmas to you all!

#34 Beanchop99

Beanchop99

Platinum Member

• Platinum Member
  • 4,247 posts

Posted 26 December 2006 - 08:25 PM

Hoping:

Hello and welcome! So good to have you with us!!!

I'm happy to hear that the WB is agreeing with you. WB is known for having low side effects, although there are a few to watch out for, namely sleepless nights and restlessness.

You doubled your dose, right? You're on 200 mgs now? Will this be your regular dosage, or will you be increasing again?

-Bean
Posted Image

Suicide Hotlines

#35 Here'sHoping

Here'sHoping

• Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 26 December 2006 - 10:45 PM

Hoping:

Hello and welcome! So good to have you with us!!!

I'm happy to hear that the WB is agreeing with you. WB is known for having low side effects, although there are a few to watch out for, namely sleepless nights and restlessness.

You doubled your dose, right? You're on 200 mgs now? Will this be your regular dosage, or will you be increasing again?

-Bean

Hi Bean. Thanks for the welcome! Yes, I am currently taking 200 mgs and will be seeing my doc as she wants to see how I'm doing on this dosage. From the sounds of some of the posters experiences with regards to rage and anxiety, I'm not sure I will want to increase my dose. I'm on day 6 and I have had no sleepless nights so far. I have experience slight restlessness, however if I keep busy, I don't notice it. I find myself feeling very sad sometimes though, but there again, I just try to keep busy with something and not dwell on things that make me sad. So far WB has been alot better for me that Effexor was with regards to side effects. I'm still hoping things will only get better for me now that I'm on WB. Here'sHoping! Chow.

#36 Beanchop99

Beanchop99

Platinum Member

• Platinum Member
  • 4,247 posts

Posted 27 December 2006 - 03:34 PM

Hoping:

Good to hear that things are still running smoothly for you. You're right, one has to keep busy. That's a big part of beating this.

Keep us posted with how things are going.

-Bean
Posted Image

Suicide Hotlines

#37 Here'sHoping

Here'sHoping

• Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 02 January 2007 - 04:37 PM

Hi,
Well, I'm on day 13 of WB. Things are quite blah. I find myself crying very easily and don't experience the emotion of happiness. Has anyone experience this and will my emotions even out? If so, how long will it take? I also wake up in the middle of the night and struggle to fall asleep again which I eventually do and then I sleep restlessly. Anyone experienced this? I'm on 100 mgs in the AM and 100 mgs in the PM. I see my Dr. tomorrow to evaluate things. Any comments would be appreciated.

A Blah Here'sHoping :hearts:

#38 Beanchop99

Beanchop99

Platinum Member

• Platinum Member
  • 4,247 posts

Posted 02 January 2007 - 05:19 PM

Hoping:

Good to hear from you! Sorry things aren't going well.

WB often causes sleepless nights and restlessness. Try taking it in the morning, as early as possible. I take WB around 6 am. This has reduced the trouble I have sleeping.

Keep us posted, please.

Wishing you a good night's rest.

-Bean
Posted Image

Suicide Hotlines

#39 Here'sHoping

Here'sHoping

• Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 02 January 2007 - 09:19 PM

Hoping:

Good to hear from you! Sorry things aren't going well.

WB often causes sleepless nights and restlessness. Try taking it in the morning, as early as possible. I take WB around 6 am. This has reduced the trouble I have sleeping.

Keep us posted, please.

Wishing you a good night's rest.

-Bean

Hi Bean, thanks for your reply. I currently take 100 mg in the AM and 100 mg in the PM. Are you suggesting that I take the full dose only in the AM (200 mg)?

Have a good nite, :hearts:
Hoping

#40 Beanchop99

Beanchop99

Platinum Member

• Platinum Member
  • 4,247 posts

Posted 03 January 2007 - 04:14 PM

Hoping:

My doc has advised my to take the full 300 mgs in the AM. It's helped immensely. I can sleep now. You may want to try moving your PM dose to the afternoon. Check with your doc first; he may want you to take doses x hours apart.

-Bean
Posted Image

Suicide Hotlines

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users