Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Forum Admin

Who wants to quit smoking?

134 posts in this topic

Posted

Hey Linds.... the hyperness has seemed to calm down some.... I got tired on Wellbutrin in the past both at 150mg and 300mg XL.  I think that has dissipated too.  Things seem to be leveling out some, unfortunately I am still smoking a little, but not as much.... its a daily battle, but we had a sudden death in the family on Good Friday so its been a little difficult.  I've sent an email to a new Pdoc, one that does talk therapy as well, I think that will help.

Peace,

Ronnie

You might also be interested in:

Posted

Hi Lindsay, it's now three months and six days since you stopped. Well done!!

Posted

I wish I could take WB again!!!  I am liking smoking too much this time around to even WANT to quit.  Not smoking that much, but still....why smoke at all, right?

Taking Prozac 30 mg., seems to be the magic dose....much more energy and not lethargic anymore, thank God.  Mood is good and spring is here...YEA!!!!!!!   :wave:

I tip my hat to Lindsay, way to go.  I'm sure she still hasn't picked up a cig.

:hearts:

Posted

I wish I could take WB again!!!

Posted

Again..I'm sorry if I have stayed away from this room, I have been that busy.

Thank you Laura.

I am still Quit and very very happy about it.

Posted

Well done Lindsay!

Posted

This is the action Nicotene has on the brain and body. http://www.drugstv.com/Nictotine.htm

It is sponsor free and picture free. There is nothing overly graphic just clinical facts abouts smoking or other forms of taking nicotene.

Posted

Still smoke free ...five months on the 7th of June and hardly even thinking about it much at all. :;):

Posted

great lindsay congratulations

keep it up, and pray for me ;-)) to one day quitting

rachel

Posted

Way to go!

Posted

Rachel?

Did you really Quit? :bump:

Posted

I gather you're still smoke free?

Posted

I keep neglecting this topic and I apologize to all once again as we have been so busy moving hosts and getting our new board ready for y'all and hopefully some new features as well!   :;):

Yes Birdmaster,

I am 7 1/2 months quit! and I am loving it.   :D

I cannot stand the smell of a cigarette or smoke and my craving for one is rare and lasts a nano second.

Your Quit Date:   1/7/2005 11:00:00 PM

Time Smoke-Free: 228 days, 1 hour, 8 minutes and 45 seconds

Cigarettes NOT smoked: 9122

Lifetime Saved:  2 months, 9 days, 16 hours

Money Saved: $1,603.00

----------------------------------------------

Ados quit soon after me..we both did cold turkey  (I was her inspiration! :shocked:)

One of our Mods, Jackie (Jkm) is now quitting..and so is one of our members, Pupabella...We adore them and wish them all the best! :hearts::bump:

Posted

No fun!  No fun at all, but not as bad as lighting up every time you get a trigger.  Lungs are feeling much better, already.  Now, if I could get rid of this darned headache.... :p

Posted

I wish I could take WB again!!!

Posted

Have you had any success quitting, Laura?

And wishing you the best, JKM - keep us updated.

Posted

I quit July 7, 2004. Paid for the computer I bought last week.

And I've lost 45lbs.

It can be done I guess.

Posted

Congrats!  I'm glad you chimed in here.  We need all the support we can get.  Having sleep problems and triggers seems to be EVERYTHING!  LOL!  My appetite is better and things are starting to taste wonderful. If I could get the sleep together without having to take something, I'd be one happy camper.  At least it's an escape.

Nice to hear form you!    :hearts:

Posted

i'm still feeling the dried throat, and some coughing with flemn, and a head ache.  the craving comes and goes, i just think drinking water does wonders.

the bottom line is that now, being right now, the craving comes as a big surprise, and left with much reasoning.

being i've got it under control, it's ok to smoke one, etc...

pray tomorrow will be a better day jackie, we're getting there

rachel

Posted

lindsay darling, mr.sub, lizard, ados, you're all an inspiration

this is the very most difficult thing to do, congratulations and i'm happy for all your succesess.

rachel

Posted

Not another puff, ever!!

I am now silver at this site and I will make Gold and it feels good.

I do not huff and puff I feel so much better.I cannot stand the smell and I am so glad I never smoked in the house.  Thank goodness for fabreeze!  :bump:

If you take just one cigarette, it's defeating everything you both worked so hard for in those initial days...

Don't forget your water...It's important for your dry mouths/throats and for the cravings! :;):

It's not nicotine craving so much as it is habitual...plus  hundreds of chemicals that are still leaving your bodies..

Keep busy..Stay away from activities you did while smoking if you can.

(SF gum , orbitz is a good substitute that I used while driving and on the phone.)

http://www.whyquit.com/

Posted

good for you lindsay, only now i can understand the struggles you've been thru when you had quit smoking.

congratulations on the silver, and with all your strong determination, good luck on making the gold.

again thank you for your support

by the way, i did sign up for whyquit.com and i got a return response from them with the following:

We are sorry but we are not accepting any more registrations.  Due to the way we are set up, we can only take in a limited amount of people at any given time.

Our site is set up to be more like an educational telecourse than a standard support site.  We have set up the site in a manner where all people who read here can learn from the experiences and insights being shared by the posting members and managers. We have always had a lot more readers than members and we are trying to enhance the site to get the best information out in a fashion that is very focused and beneficial for all who read here whether or not they are members

Please understand, that we have such size limitations in place in order to keep our group participation at a manageable level.  We limit our number of members because we want to insure that all questions that get raised by posting members get full answers and that all issues raised are adequately addressed as well.

Answers and comments written to posts are not just for the benefit of the specific member who asked the question or raised an issue, but for all other readers who often have similar questions or will be facing the same issues at one time or another too. If we had hundreds of people as posting members our board would have so many posts that all members and readers would have to spend an inordinate amount of time to even get to read a fraction of the posts and would likely miss information that could have helped them in sustaining their quits.

We hope you still read and utilize all of the information we have made available at http://www.whyquit.com/ and the Freedom board. Also, if you have specific questions or concerns regarding smoking cessation that you cannot find answers to at the sites, please feel free to email us at managers@whyquit.com and we will get back to you within a day or two. We really are trying to help all people who are at our site--members and nonmembers alike and we are out here to help you in any ways we can.

Freedom Managers

rachel

Posted

Being a member there is not all it's cracked up to be sweethert..you will get just as much out of it being a guest and reading the site as you would being a member.  

There are no perks or extra pages/rooms or such when your a member...Not like here at DF where there are special areas for members and when we move to the new board even more special extras will be available to our members. :)

I really haven't posted there or have friends there so it's really not a big deal. :;): You are not missing anything, but it is a great site to read for support.

Posted

i agree, it is a very educational sight.

and besided, if i'm not wanted it's their loss, and my gain

lolololol, just kidding lindsay.

thank you for the comforting words though.  you know i've been feeling so very sensitive these past few days, and pretty much insecure, not having my friend of 40 years with me.  and here they rejected me

well it's behind, and i'm glad to be part of df, where i'm welcomed with all my meshugaaaasss.

rachel

Posted

What is meshugaaasss?  May as well find out!    :p