Followers 0
Forum Admin

Who wants to quit smoking?

134 posts in this topic

Posted

Advertisement

Anyone want to share this experience with me? Join in! :;):

I want to do this so badly..

I had one cigarette yesterday morning and not any today!

Okay I do think Wellbutrin is a big help. I am on generic Bupropion (Teva). Right now I take 100mg 2x daily and think I will ramp up this week to 100mg 3x daily...perhaps tomorrow. :bump:

I still have some urges, but they are not terribly intense and the taste was becoming awful!

Join in and participate in my quit!

~Lindsay, FA

:hearts:

You might also be interested in:

Posted

I quit smoking six years ago on January 1, 1999. It was diffiicult but  also was one of the best things that I've done for myself.

My quit was at the suggestion of a psychologist who I was seeing. We figured that it would be good for my self-esteem if I quit smoking. So that's how I approached it. The quitting process was horrible, but I must admit that I started feeling better about myself once I got past all the heeby jeebies.

I may not be able to quit with you, but I will certainly lend you all the support that you want. Feel free to look me up anytime. I will check in on this forum periodically.

Good luck.

Posted

Hi Lindsay,

I've been thinking about it but I haven't yet decided. If and when I do make my mind up, I'll let you know, or I'll just join in with you.

Posted

:)

Posted

Many years ago I stopped for two weeks (big deal) then I restarted because I had cigs in the garage. After that I stopped for two or three days at a time with no trouble until I started smoking properly. Once you've got over three or five days, you're clear. Then it's a matter of plodding on avoiding circumstances where you would normally smoke. I know it's easier said than done. Can't you get patches or that chewing gum stuff? You still need willpower though. I'll be thinking of you and wish you all the best. When you succeed I'll be wishing I'd joined you.

Posted

It's day 6 today...all day.

Posted

Day 7 smoke free   :)  It can be tough at times, beating the craving but I hope I can keep up with it because it is so worth the quit.   :;):

Posted

I've got you all beat!  I quit for TEN WHOLE YEARS and went back summer of 2003!!!  Then, I took Wellbutrin last March and was able to quit again.  I paid a price though, the Wellbutrin caused me to have major anxiety attacks and brought on another depression (switched from SSRI to WB!).

Stupid me, I picked up the habit again over the holidays, drink in one hand, cig in the other, along with everyone else at those social gatherings.

How do I quit now?  I can't go back on Wellbutrin!

:hearts:

Posted

Can't you get patches or that chewing gum stuff?

I just wanted to mention that the use of nicotine replacement products with any form of buproprion should be under the supervision of a doctor.  The combination poses an increased risk of high blood pressure.

Good luck to all of you!  Everyone including non smokers is here to support you and cheer you on.

Katie :wave:

Posted

Thanks, Katie!

Posted

It's getting harder...especially when I am upset.

Posted

If it wasn't for Wellbutrin, I don't think I could have battled the smoking issue.  There have been a few times recently that I almost bought a pack just for a few tokes (no such thing huh).  If I wasn't on Wellbutrin, i'm sure i'd be smoking again.  It's been 1 year 3 months for me.  :D

Posted

Day 14...whew!  I do not think I could do this without Wellbutrin!  I hope I don't cave in...

As far as side effects..I really have none at this point.   :;):

Posted

Nice to hear of your successes!

Posted

Still puffing away and as Ronnie knows, I can't take Wellbutrin again!   :hearts:  Brought back depression and horrible panic attacks.

What else is there for me to do that won't mess up the Prozac I'm taking?  Would the patches interfere with that?  Anyone know?

I hate this.

:plain:

Posted

I can PM you a good site with forums that is a big help, sweetie..But you have to really want to stop smoking.

Posted

I love my Wellbutrin...it's been a lifesaver for me in more ways than one! My depression is leaving me and I stopped smoking...How great is that?

Posted

:bump::shocked::hearts:

Gosh, Lindsay that is soooo wonderful.  Unfortunately for me, I cannot take Wellbutrin and it's really getting to me how else I'm going to kick this habit, once again.  Would the patch have the same effect, as WB is a form of Zyban???  Is that what the patch is made up of?

I can't afford to have any depressive episode, I am so stable now.  Taking Prozac 20 mg. and have no complaints.  Except for the smoking.  I KNOW it's not good for me and STILL continue to do it!  It truly is an addiction!

:confused:

Posted

Well done Lindsay!

I'm with you all the way.

I'll be thinking of you everyday.

Keep it up!

Hugs to you.....(This is not meant to be a limerick) :)

Posted

(((((((((((Ltb3105)))))))))))))

Posted

Lindsay I know you're over the moon,

take a look into the limerick room,

here you will find,

lots of rhyming minds,

come and visit us soon.

Posted

Lindsay, you're doing OK. Don't reach for a cig, we're all behind you on this.

Keep it up. :hearts:

Hugs...Birdie

Posted

It's now day 29,

how you coping?

Posted

Sorry about that Lindsay,

the icon didn't appear :hearts:

Posted

It's now day 36 Lindsay

let us know how you doing.