Advertisement
  • No one should be alone in this. We can help.
If you - or someone you know - are having thoughts about suicide, call 1-800-273-TALK (8255). Calls are connected to a certified crisis center nearest the caller's location. Services are available 24 hours a day, seven days a week.                                                                            If you - or someone you know - are having thoughts about suicide, call 1-800-273-TALK (8255). Calls are connected to a certified crisis center nearest the caller's location. Services are available 24 hours a day, seven days a week.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Photo

God I Feel Irritable Right Now !

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 cvoor

cvoor

• PipPipPip
  • 245 posts

Posted 11 January 2008 - 06:44 PM

I just feel really irritable right now. From talking to the husband, to the dogs getting on my nerves. Just a while ago, I was calm. I don't understand this. My husband can say something, or be abrupt, and it just gnaws at me. I have to make myself let it go, small stuff. I felt fine just a while ago, calm, good mood, but it changes on me. Don't understand this.

#2 nitenurse

nitenurse

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 633 posts

Posted 11 January 2008 - 06:51 PM

from my experience this is just one of those horrible symptoms of depression. sometimes this is one of the first signs i have that im going down. everything just 'grates' on me and i just feel like 'snapping' at everything. if it continues maybe u need to see ur dr and get a meds adjustment. explain to ur husband too because the poor man may not realise whats going on...he will hopefully be supportive if he realises it is part of the depression package. :hearts:

#3 cvoor

cvoor

• PipPipPip
  • 245 posts

Posted 11 January 2008 - 06:59 PM

Unfortunately, I'm not on any meds, I have not been to the doc about depression/anxiety. Last wknd, I had an anxiety, panic attack. I know anxiety and depression can go hand in hand. My moods change on me. I will probably eventually need to see someone for this, I have been trying to deal with it, with no meds, for yrs. This forum has really helped me, just to put my feelings out there. Between the moods, good and bad, and headaches/body aches, etc.... It has been a trying time for me.
I"m tired right now, maybe I'll feel better tommorrow.

#4 Joanna

Joanna

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,272 posts

Posted 11 January 2008 - 07:14 PM

Hi cvoor,

I'm so glad you are finding this forum helpful. It is a wonderful thing to be able to express our true feelings in a safe, supportive environment. I have also benefited greatly from the understanding and kindness I have found here. I do hope you are able to find help for your depression and anxiety in real life too........These things are very hard to manage on our own and I think real-life professional support is a very important part of our recovery. I hope that joining this forum will provide a stepping stone for you to reach out and seek professional help in your real life.

Wishing you the very best.

Take care.

Joanna
Posted ImagePosted Image Joanna

#5 Wolfie018

Wolfie018

Just Registered

• Just Registered
  • 1 posts

Posted 11 January 2008 - 08:05 PM

I know exactly what to mean. I am that way myself at the moment. I know mine is partially due to stress. Maybe something is stressful in your life that you could be avoiding? Then again, it could just be a lot of annoying details getting at you at once. Anyway. Hope you feel better.

#6 LostInWorldWithNoExistence

LostInWorldWithNoExistence

• Pip
  • 31 posts

Posted 12 January 2008 - 04:16 AM

I tend to think i'm crazy but this happens to me all the time.. its like theres something in ur head that makes u think what somebodys just done or said is wrong and it just eats away at you until sometime later you explode.. Maybe you should see a dr.. deff because of the panic attacks thats how i first found out about my depression.. good luck and well wishes!

Jessica

When She Shines.. She Sparkles

#7 Lost in the Past

Lost in the Past

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 472 posts

Posted 12 January 2008 - 07:49 AM

I've been in the same boat as well. I do take meds though. The first set just made things worse. I snapped frequently at the smallest things and would start text messaging wars with my husband nearly everyday - no matter how much he tried to calm me down - I would just rant more and more. My meds have been adjusted now for about two weeks. I can honestly say I feel much better! I don't enjoy knowing I have to take pills to control my mood swings and anxiety but I've learned that it's going to be a part of my life, probably forever. I would suggest going to your doctor and talking to him about different options you might have. Medications aren't all bad, and if it helps your moods and anxiety then I'm all for it. Some people just have to be on some things, if only for a little while, just like a person with asthma, they may not want to be on inhalers, but it's something that just has to be a part of their life.

I wish you the best and keep posting! I find that it helps tremendously!!

Warmest wishes,
Lost in the Past

#8 Sheepwoman

Sheepwoman

Administrative Mod/Coordinator

• Admin Team- Mod/Administrator
  • 27,850 posts

Posted 12 January 2008 - 08:23 AM

If you've been putting up with the anxiety and depression for years and not being totally successful, it's time for you to seek professional help. There are meds available that help with both of your complaints. Meds will usually make you feel better and allow you to function at a higher level. They are not a cure-all, but help us get through the problems of daily living without the mental set backs.

Take that first step to help yourself.
Sheepwoman :hearts:
It is not the life I lived; but the life I leave behind. Posted Image
Sheepwoman

God will give you no more than you can handle. This is all a test to see if you are really ready for the good things that are going to come your way. All this pain is going to come back and make me stronger.-Clarence Clemmons 1942-2011

Everything I know, I know because I love. Leo Tolstoy War and Peace

#9 cvoor

cvoor

• PipPipPip
  • 245 posts

Posted 12 January 2008 - 09:51 AM

Yes, I know your right. I had that queasy feeling in my stomach early, early this morning, around 1am, felt like I might have a anxiety attack. I thought about something else, and it eventually subsided. Sometimes I'm optimistic, feel good, and no feeling the next, or down. I just need to find a good doctor, GP, since my insurance doesn't cover mental heatlh, so I would not be able to go to a psychiatrist. I know I have to eventually do this. Thank you all for all your support, I feel so comfortable at this forum, can say how I feel.

#10 Florry

Florry

Platinum Member

• Platinum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,632 posts

Posted 12 January 2008 - 12:13 PM

Yes, I know your right. I had that queasy feeling in my stomach early, early this morning, around 1am, felt like I might have a anxiety attack. I thought about something else, and it eventually subsided. Sometimes I'm optimistic, feel good, and no feeling the next, or down. I just need to find a good doctor, GP, since my insurance doesn't cover mental heatlh, so I would not be able to go to a psychiatrist. I know I have to eventually do this. Thank you all for all your support, I feel so comfortable at this forum, can say how I feel.

Good luck Cvoor, I hope that all goes well upon making that initial step. :hearts:

I can relate to feeling good, optimistic, have plans for what I'm doing, then suddenly, no motivation or real feeling of being able to accomplish anything, and I can SO relate to feeling really irritable, feeling it building and every little thing is making it worse until I explode at everyone around me. I just have to take myself away from the situation that is exacerbating my anger, and wait until I feel as though I have cooled off. It's not a nice feeling, especially if you are aware you are in the wrong...as I often am!

Take care Cvoor, let us know how you get on.

Florry

Edited by Florry, 12 January 2008 - 12:20 PM.

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users