Advertisement
  • No one should be alone in this. We can help.
If you - or someone you know - are having thoughts about suicide, call 1-800-273-TALK (8255). Calls are connected to a certified crisis center nearest the caller's location. Services are available 24 hours a day, seven days a week.                                                                            If you - or someone you know - are having thoughts about suicide, call 1-800-273-TALK (8255). Calls are connected to a certified crisis center nearest the caller's location. Services are available 24 hours a day, seven days a week.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Photo

Prozac And Wellbutrin

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
21 replies to this topic

#1 stormcloud

stormcloud

• Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 07 December 2007 - 04:00 PM

Please tell me how prozac and wellbutrin are helping you when taken together.

#2 starr

starr

Silver Member

• Silver Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,009 posts

Posted 07 December 2007 - 05:49 PM

Hi,

I am taking prozac and wellbutrin together. The wellbutrin helped with the
last bit of depression that the prozac didnt cover plus it helps with fatigue.

Best wishes,
starr

#3 springtimeofhisvoodoo

springtimeofhisvoodoo

• PipPip
  • 110 posts

Posted 08 December 2007 - 02:05 PM

Please tell me how prozac and wellbutrin are helping you when taken together.

I took them together. I couldn't even feel the wellbutrin, I only felt the Prozac. So basically, it made no difference.

Spring x0
Prozac x8 years, Wellbutrin x1 year, Prozac/Wellbutrin combo x2 months, Prozac again x1 year, Currently Prozac-free for ONE YEAR!!! -YAY!

#4 ntg26

ntg26

Just Registered

• Just Registered
  • 2 posts

Posted 09 December 2007 - 03:53 PM

Hi,

Best wishes,
starr

Hi,
I'm taking prozac and wellbutrin together. My pdoc prescribed it to me because of the sexual side effects (like having none). I am only taking 75 mg of generic wellbutrin together with 20 mg of prozac. I don't know if it's making a big difference but it is helping a bit. I've been on it just over a month now. My doc says to stay at this dosage, it should be enough. Like I said it is better than it was when I was only taking prozac. Hope it improves even more.

#5 Fredericosg

Fredericosg

• Pip
  • 46 posts

Posted 13 December 2007 - 02:45 AM

Is there any dangerous possible interaction between the 2 ADs? I am currently on 40mg Fluoxetine and 30mg Remeron, but want to switch the Fluoxetine to Bupropion.

I have read Fluoxetine stays in the body for 4 weeks so I am wondering whether I should really take the WB during these 4 weeks.

cheers, fred

#6 KarenRB53

KarenRB53

• PipPip
  • 65 posts

Posted 04 May 2008 - 06:22 PM

Hi,

Best wishes,
starr

Hi: Just wondered if you're still taking the Prozac with the Wellbutrin? Prozac is not helping me like it used to so thinking of adding Wellbutrin and wondered if you're still happy with the combination?

Thanks, Karen

#7 starr

starr

Silver Member

• Silver Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,009 posts

Posted 05 May 2008 - 02:21 PM

Hi,

Best wishes,
starr

Hi: Just wondered if you're still taking the Prozac with the Wellbutrin? Prozac is not helping me like it used to so thinking of adding Wellbutrin and wondered if you're still happy with the combination?

Thanks, Karen

Hi Karen,

I am very happy with the combo of prozac and wellbutrin. I am on the max dosage of prozac
and 100mg of wellbutrin and so far I am doing great. I wish you the best with your meds!
starr

#8 KarenRB53

KarenRB53

• PipPip
  • 65 posts

Posted 05 May 2008 - 06:11 PM

Hi,

Best wishes,
starr

Thanks, Karen

Hi Karen,

I am very happy with the combo of prozac and wellbutrin. I am on the max dosage of prozac
and 100mg of wellbutrin and so far I am doing great. I wish you the best with your meds!
starr

Thanks for responding. I wish you the best also.

Karen

#9 eaj020507

eaj020507

• Pip
  • 25 posts

Posted 13 May 2008 - 03:59 PM

I have been on 20 mg of fluoxetine for the last 6 weeks. Last Friday I started 150 mg generic wellbutrin SR. So far, so good.

#10 KarenRB53

KarenRB53

• PipPip
  • 65 posts

Posted 14 May 2008 - 10:53 AM

I have been on 20 mg of fluoxetine for the last 6 weeks. Last Friday I started 150 mg generic wellbutrin SR. So far, so good.

I just started taking the Wellbutrin SR with Prozac this morning. Please let me know how you're doing and I'll do the same.

Karen

#11 KarenRB53

KarenRB53

• PipPip
  • 65 posts

Posted 14 May 2008 - 11:00 AM

Hi,

Best wishes,
starr

Thanks, Karen

Hi Karen,

starr

I just started Wellbutrin SR this morning but the doctors starting me at 150mg and I thought maybe thats too high. I was told not to cut these tablets but is there a reason you're doctor started you at 100mg? Also, did he tell you to just keep taking the same amount of Prozac?

Thanks, Karen

#12 alkalineashes

alkalineashes

• PipPip
  • 66 posts

Posted 14 May 2008 - 02:58 PM

I just added 10mg of Prozac to my 300wellbutrin xl. The wellbutrin helps me with motivation but I wanted to add something for anxiety and see if I needed an SSRI. I was an lexapro a while and liked it, but it affected my athletic performance. I also have .5 mg xanax twice a day if needed, but I try not to take them everyday. I cant really tellif the prozac is doin anything yet, its been like 5 days.
"Don't let it control you" Prof X, my philosophy on many things, substances, negative thoughts etc..

Dx- Dysthymia possible Social Phobia
Rx= Celexa, Wellbutrin, Klonopin as needed

#13 KarenRB53

KarenRB53

• PipPip
  • 65 posts

Posted 16 May 2008 - 10:26 AM

Hi,

Best wishes,
starr

Thanks, Karen

Hi Karen,

starr

Hi Starr:
I've taken the 150mg WellbutrinSR with 20mg Prozac last 2 days and last night I just could not get to sleep or stay asleep when I finally did fall asleep. I probably only got about 4hrs sleep at the most. Did you have this problem when you first started taking the Wellbutrin. Also are you on WellbutrinSR or XL?

Thanks, Karen

#14 starr

starr

Silver Member

• Silver Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,009 posts

Posted 18 May 2008 - 04:00 PM

Hi,

My doc started me out at 100mg of wellbutrin and told me I could
increase if needed but so far I havent needed to. I am on the max
dosage of prozac so that keeps me sleepy a lot so the wellbutrin
didnt adversely affect my sleep. It actually helped with my energy
level. I love this combo - it is the best I have felt in many years!

best wishes,
starr

#15 starr

starr

Silver Member

• Silver Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,009 posts

Posted 18 May 2008 - 04:09 PM

Hi again,

I am on the wellbutrin sr. I tried the xl in the past and had night sweats
all the time so I went back to the sr.

starr

#16 KarenRB53

KarenRB53

• PipPip
  • 65 posts

Posted 18 May 2008 - 08:23 PM

Hi again,

starr

Just wanted to say thanks for the information. Hopefully the Wellbutrin SR and Prozac combo will work as well for me.

Karen

#17 KarenRB53

KarenRB53

• PipPip
  • 65 posts

Posted 21 May 2008 - 08:36 AM

Hi again,

starr

Starr:
I get very strange feeling when I urinate (sorry for the subject), did this happen to you at all?

Karen

#18 starr

starr

Silver Member

• Silver Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,009 posts

Posted 02 June 2008 - 05:11 PM

Hi,

Sorry so long for the reply but I have not had any side effects from
wellbutrin whatsoever. I usually react pretty well to most meds
(except the welllbutrin xl and lexapro) and I have been on quite
a few of them over the last 20 years unfortunately. You should
ask your dr. but sometimes even they dont know everything a
med could cause. You could also try asking your pharmacist.

Best wishes,
starr

#19 WoeIsMe

WoeIsMe

• Pip
  • 41 posts

Posted 10 June 2008 - 02:26 PM

I've been taking these together for the past few months, side effects on and off. The Prozac numbs me and I don't like it. I tried to stop (see other post, Severe Stomach Cramping, Cold turkey...)...so now am back on it. And hopefully my crackpot dr will help me wean off it.

My dr. is switching me from Wellbutrin XL 150mg (once per day) to Wellbutrin SR 75mg (twice per day). This is only bc of cost. Not sure if it will make a difference in terms of reaction, SE's....anyone had any experience with this??

I don't want to take either of these and want to taper off both, but gradually this time.

#20 Isabeau

Isabeau

• Platinum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,570 posts

Posted 11 June 2008 - 07:31 PM

I've been taking these together for the past few months, side effects on and off. The Prozac numbs me and I don't like it. I tried to stop (see other post, Severe Stomach Cramping, Cold turkey...)...so now am back on it. And hopefully my crackpot dr will help me wean off it.

My dr. is switching me from Wellbutrin XL 150mg (once per day) to Wellbutrin SR 75mg (twice per day). This is only bc of cost. Not sure if it will make a difference in terms of reaction, SE's....anyone had any experience with this??

I don't want to take either of these and want to taper off both, but gradually this time.

You might want to make another a new post in the Wellbutrin forum, so more people can read and see what you are asking as I have no knowledge of this medication.

There might also be information in there that might help you too.
HUGS
Isabeau :hearts:

IS-A-BOW
© AJ

We're our own dragons as well as our own heroes,
and we have to rescue ourselves from ourselves.

#21 moonlightress

moonlightress

Silver Member

• Silver Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 950 posts

Posted 12 June 2008 - 11:59 PM

Is there any dangerous possible interaction between the 2 ADs? I am currently on 40mg Fluoxetine and 30mg Remeron, but want to switch the Fluoxetine to Bupropion.
I have read Fluoxetine stays in the body for 4 weeks so I am wondering whether I should really take the WB during these 4 weeks.
cheers, fred

Just skimming through the replies, I didn't see a reply to your post, Fredericosg. Buproprion is commonly prescribed with either fluoxetime or with remeron, so it should be quite safe to start the buproprion and then taper off the fluoxetine while the buproprion is building up. Your doc may even just stop the fluoxetine in one go - my doc stopped the cipralex I was on cold, when he started me on buproprion. I was on Cymbalta too, over that period of the switch. I didn't have any problems. You still have the coverage of the Remeron over the switch.

Of course, it will depend on your doctor and on what he feels is right for you (eg, my daughter switched from Cipralex to Cymbalta and he has given her a very careful tapering off/ramping up schedule for the two.

But I don't think there are dangerous interactions. At least not for most people. Ask your doc. :)

#22 WelProGirl

WelProGirl

Just Registered

• Just Registered
  • 1 posts

Posted 07 March 2012 - 09:07 PM

I am currently taking 40mg of Prozac and 150mg of Welbutrin and I feel amazing!!!!! I've been on the combo for about 5 weeks now and I've lost 12lbs. I am so much more positive and energetic. I love this combo!! Good luck!
  • cincygurl and dfsue like this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users