Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Josephine

How long did it take prozac to work for you?

How long did it take prozac to work for you?   369 members have voted

1. 1. How long did it take prozac to work for you?

• less than a week
    • one to two weeks
    • two to three weeks
    • three to four weeks
    • four to five weeks
    • five to six weeks
    • six to eight weeks
    • more than eight weeks (please specify)
    • I am still waiting for it to work
    • it didn't work

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

306 posts in this topic

Posted

Advertisement

Just for interest's sake :)

You might also be interested in:

Posted

Looks like the votes are going for a long 'to work' time so far but we need more!

Feel free to share your experiences too :)

Posted

I felt better very quickly.

Posted

Hi there! I've been on it for approx that length of time so far :) Can I ask, how did you come off it and did you experience problems when you did?

Posted

Hi!

Posted

I've been on it for 3 weeks, and I'm finally noticing positive results.  I felt so sedated at first.  Now I'm feeling pretty good during the day, especially by myself.  I always had a bad time when alone.   Although, certain things can still trigger my depression though.  I'm trying so hard to be patient...sigh...

Posted

Hiya Denial, well that's great that you're seeing a result already! I know the waiting can be hard but like I said above, you're prolly over the worst of the side effects now.... what is your diagnosis, out of interest?

Posted

I have ocd and 'severe anxiety' as my pdoc says.  After reading what I wrote yesterday, I'm wondering if I'm feeling a relief from the previous two weeks.  The previous two weeks were hell.  I felt more anxiety then than I had in two years.  I was scowling so much I was getting a headache.  'Miserable' I was!!!  I feel good and yet I feel like I'm so close to another attack.  It's wearing me out......

Posted

I felt good almost immediately, but it took about three weeks to have a full effect. :hearts:

ellebi likes this

Posted

Hang in there Denial :) I've found prozac to be great for anxiety :)

bruno, i am glad - and jealous ;) - you got such an instant result!

ellebi and Fishmeister like this

Posted

Thanks Josephine.

I still have some episodes that are quite bad, but no where near what they were.

Denial, I was feeling very tired at first but it got better, only the dreams at night keep me tired the next day. :hearts::bump:

Posted

Today was my first day.  Can't wait for some relief from crankiness!

TwinMommy likes this

Posted

Tomorrow will be 5 weeks.  For about the past 10 days things have been good.  I'm not obsessing so much, I have some motivation to do things, and the day to day life stuff isn't getting to me as bad.  I got into a 'mood', as my girlfriend calls it, on friday and got through it with her help in a couple of hours.  Before, it would have been days or weeks.  

Bruno:

I don't sleep as much as I used to, about the same amount of dreams.  Despite the less sleep, I still feel ok during the day.

Posted

last night was my second dose.  i had fitful sleep.  went from extreme cold to extreme sweating?!?!  also, lots of dreaming of knives :(

Posted

HI Dee Dee welcome to the forums! Prozac can do that to you sometimes, unfortunately ... my sleep is very disturbed too. How are you doing now?

Posted

It hasn't been consistent.  I have slept like a rock and I have lain there looking at the ceiling.  Today I seem to be feeling a little more content in life.  Don't know if it is just a good day or if it is the prozac.

I was on this forum about 1 1/2 years ago.  I quit ad's in May of '03 (for some reason that seems unreasonable but I know it couldn't have been this year) Anyway I was Sandradee back then.  I think prozac is giving me some confusion because time frames in my brain are scrambled right now and I have to retype stuff.  I keep typing words backwards?!?!

Posted

LOL that's a new one to me ;). I am glad you're feeling better today though .. hopefully it will be the start of something positive?

Posted

I started prozac about 3 weeks ago.. I have been having horrible sleep patterns... but they have been getting better over the past 3 days. I don't find i feel much better yet, actually I find i feel feel worse then i did when i was on celexa before this, hopefully it will get better

Posted

Woooo Hooooo this is the first ad that didn't cause that nasty little side effect that can hurt a relationship.  You got it ....  the "O" said hello  :hearts:

Posted

Welcome Keelin :)

Dee Dee I found that my *lowers voice* sex drive decreased a little on prozac but not enough to damage a relationship. Which was something I was really worried about, so i was pleased :)

Posted

I took this for a couple of months and it did nothing foe me. :(

Posted

Hi and welcome .. i love your avatar, heh :). Sadly, not all meds work for all people, but it's worth trying another SSRI because, simply because one doesn't work, doesn't mean that others won't. Good luck!

Posted

I've been on it for a long two months(40mg).  I'm glad to say that the side affects are about 95% gone.  I'm not cured, but it's easier to recover from triggers or bad days.  At least for some part of a day, I'm in a good mood.

Posted

That's great Denial, stick with it :).

Posted

The effects of my prozac seemed to have worn off slightly.

I'm still having some setbacks occasionally, but I'm stilll 90% better than I was before I started it.

Maybe I need my dose increased (20mg) :hearts::rasp:

ellebi likes this