Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Jkm

Cymbalta II

63 posts in this topic

Posted

I found it to be better than lexapro as I had terrible jaw clenching, but nothing like that with Cymbalta.  Lexparo worked well on the anxiety and depression, and for some, it's a good med.  I just got tired of the headaches...  The Cymbalta works well on my Fibromylgia.

You might also be interested in:

Posted

Jkm - Glad to hear about your liver panel results,  mine were good also.

Hope - I have been on Depakote 750 mg for a year of so and Cymbalta for 2 months.  I also had a hard time with the "bipolar" thing, still do at times.

Posted

I forgot to mention that I've been on Cymbalta for 6mo.

Posted

Once again am new on a med. Like many others here tried them all. I am day 2 on 30 mg and tapering off lithium too, although not bipolar, doc tried it for depression. I am so terribly sick and nausea and no appetite and wondering if anyone else was this sick and how long till it passed. I also have numbness and weakness in my right arm and hand which really scares me. I am also really panicky and dont know what to do...please advise anyone....

Posted

I was sick when I went on Cymbalta, and my stomach was just about fried.  I got some stomach acid reducers and it helped.

Posted

Some of this might be coming off of lithium too. I was extremely sick coming off lithium and not at all sick going on cymbalta. Keep in close contact with your dr. Especially about your arm. I would call him ASAP about numness and weakness. Thats not right. Keep letting us know how its going. I'm only in my 2nd week. I like it so far. I feel much better on this than others.

Posted

I'm on my fifth day of taking Cymbalta and I feel good.  Currently taking 60mg a day having just switched from 40mg/day on Prozac.  A little trouble sleeping the first night . . . went back to my physician and received a RX for trazadone to help me sleep.  Doing well! :)

Posted

Welcome to the fourms!

I like Cymbalta, too.  Do you take it in the morning or at night?  I tried taking it at bedtime and was awake until 3am, so I started taking it in and am, and still do.   :)

Posted

Well, I have been on cymbalta for almost a month now and I would have to say I am liking it. Its the first anti depressant I have ever had a sex drive on. Its about time!!! LOL It is also helping my arthritis pain. I have so much relief I am working out at the YMCA 4-5 days a week now! My outlook has improved tremendously on it. I am just so pleased!  :D

Posted

I felt lots more sedated on Lexapro, and am more interested in things I used to do, too.  No great change in the sex dept, though.   :hearts:

Posted

If anyone has gone from Effexor to Cymbalta, a person started her own room and wants to know the difference you experienced between the two meds.

Effexor vs. Cymbalta      Your Thoughts.  Kaitrin......  

Thanks!

Posted

I asked my doctor (who is also a researcher) about the difference between Cymbalta and Effexor.  He says that he prefers Cymbalta.  It has fewer side effects for most people and is easier to discontinue.  I wasn't able to take Effrexor because he made me so hostile, but I'm doing well of Cymbalta.

Posted

:) Howdy everyone... I'm Corey.. Atlanta, Georgia.. I'll be 22 in 2 weeks and I start taking Cymbalta tomorrow! I'm on Wellbutrin SR 300mg a day right now (Been taking it almost a year). I start tapering a little bit off WB soon too I think. I've been reading some of the posts and I'm kinda scared and kinda excited about this new pludge... Does anyone have any experiences taking Wellbutrin + Cymbalta together? I'm interested to know what to expect. I can maybe deal with all the side effects listed of Cymbalta.. but if "equiment" stops functioning then I'm going to have some serious problems (sexual...lol   :hearts: ) But anyways... you all have been somewhat encourging so that's why I asked my Doc about it.. let's see what happens! Thanks  :wave:

Posted

Wondering how it's going for you, Corey?  Did you find anyone who is on the same med combo as you?   :)

Posted

Yeah... I did in the wellbutrin forum. everything been pretty good... I went up to 60mg of cymbalta after starting it @ 30mg the first week. It's helping a lot.. I'm still on the wellbutrin sr 150mg, depakote 500mg, and the desyrel (i'm suppose to take 150mg, but I take 50mg cause it makes you really really sleepy).  THanks for asking....   :;):

Posted

Sounds like you have a good med regime.  I glad you hung in there to get through the start-ups.  Takes lots of patience to do this when not feeling better, but I think after the first week, you're doing great!   :hearts:

Posted

I switched hard from Lexapro to Cymbalta...just stopped taking 20 Lex and started taking 60 of Cymbalta the next day.  I had a pretty rough couple of days, but it has been over a month now and and I am doing just about as well as I have in my life (after AD's, there was no life before).  I have a little bit of an issue with mid-day sleepyness but other than that I feel great. AD's have always treated my severe depression well, in fact any AD has pretty much cured me of that. (Paxil, Zoloft, Celexa, Lexapro)  However, I also have really serious GAD and have never done well with any treatment other than mass benzo's and all their related problems. Cymbalta has managed to get everything under control and I feel more "normal" than I ever have. I'm even attending a gym.  :hearts:

I used to take 20 Lexapro in morning for the most part, although I was moving the dose time around quite a bit for a good fit.  Eventually, it just pooped out after 18 months or so.  I am now on Cymbalta 30 morning and 30 evening.

I have trolled this board for "bad times" support for years and have always told myself if I had anything to offer the community I would post.  Well, now I do. Cymbalta is working well, very well for me.

I hope someone can take this post and get a month like I have just had.....I consider myself very lucky.   :;):

Posted

:hearts:  Glad you felt comfortable enough to stop trolling around, and join the room.  I'm sure that it was difficult to go from Lexapro 20mg., to Cymbalta.  I couldn't tolerate 20mg. of Lexapro as the side effects from the increase was too severe.  My anxiety is better controlled, too.  I noticed it took MONTHS for the Lexapro to get my GAD down to a tolerable level.

Posted

Welcome Blues-Man.

Sounds like things are on the upward swing for you.  Thanks for posting your experience's, Cymbalta has also worked well for me. Keep on posting and let us know how things are going.

Posted

I went cold turkey from Paxil to Cymbalta with no tapering of the paxil at all.  I started cymbalta the day after I stopped paxil at 30mg for a week then 60mg ever since.  It seems to be working well cause I managed to hold things together thru our recent sewer blockage that managed to back up raw sewage into our basement and cover the carpeting!  It was just another ho hum day!

Swede

Posted

Oh!  The things we deal with during life!   :Oo:

Wondering how everyone is doing with the Cymbalta.  I'm going on 9mo. with this med.  Anyone else?

Posted

Swede, if sewage backing up into your basement is just another ho-hum day, than this Cymbalta must be great stuff!! :hearts:

I'm on day 2 and making out pretty well.  My stomach is a little off but I slept well last night.  What a treat that was!!   I did have a period of yawning in the middle of the day.....sort of embarrassing at work!

Posted

LOL!  I went through the yawns with this and Lexparo.  Felt like Winkin, Blinkin and Nod for about a week.

I had stomach problems I treated with OTC stomach acid reducers.  Sounds like you're doing great!   :hearts:

Posted

I have had little in the way of side effects on Cymbalta.  Compared to my sstart-up on Paxil, this is a walk in the park.  BTW, the basement is all cleaned, sanitized, painted and re-carpeted.

Swede

Posted

starting up on wellbutrin was always difficult for me.  And it seemed this last time it was a lot of work building up for middle of the road results.  I think it just doesn't work for me very well anymore.  

Today was another good day on the Cymbalta, not as much yawning, but I'm tired tonight......of course I've been up since 4:30, walked the dog and worked all day...... :hearts:

Nice job on the basement, Swede!