Advertisement

Scheduled Maintenance:

Please be aware that depressionforums will be down for a short period beginning from 02:00 EST (07:00 GMT) on Sunday 21st December for necessary maintenance. We apologise for the inconvenience and it should only take about 45 minutes.

• No one should be alone in this. We can help.
If you - or someone you know - are having thoughts about suicide, call 1-800-273-TALK (8255). Calls are connected to a certified crisis center nearest the caller's location. Services are available 24 hours a day, seven days a week.                                                                            If you - or someone you know - are having thoughts about suicide, call 1-800-273-TALK (8255). Calls are connected to a certified crisis center nearest the caller's location. Services are available 24 hours a day, seven days a week.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Photo

What time do you take your Cymbalta?

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 SUTHERN REDD

SUTHERN REDD

ID: 1152

• Pip
  • 22 posts

Posted 28 March 2005 - 05:19 PM

I take mine in the morning around 6am.

I am wondering what others do and how it is better for them at the time they take it.  Since uping my Cymbalta to 60mg and taking 200mg of Lamictal in the morning I have been experiencing some nausea first thing in the morning about 30 minutes after taking my med's...

PM might be better -- I am interested in your opinions :)

Thanks!
~ SUTHERN REDD ~

#2 Jkm

Jkm

ID: 28

• Platinum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,591 posts

Posted 09 May 2005 - 07:24 PM

You got that right. Do you think they'll ever make an antidepressant that restores you to your former self: maybe a few years younger and richer, lol?!

Sometimes I think we're expecting too much, but the headache needs to go.
Posted Image

I have GAD. I worry about everything, lol!

#3 Swede

Swede

ID: 23

• Platinum Member
  • 3,419 posts

Posted 09 May 2005 - 05:58 PM

The headaches have greatly diminished.  I have been bothered most with dizzieness periods. Most of mine were upon rising from the seated position a condition that my nurse daughter calls postural hypotension.  That too has subsided.  

Swede

And yes, depression can be a plain olde headache as well as a heartache.

#4 Jkm

Jkm

• Platinum Member
  • 12,591 posts

Posted 09 May 2005 - 05:02 PM

Are you still having the headaches, Swede?  I'm beginning to wonder if mine are tension or frome ad's..  Seems like depression has been one big headache for me.  It never goes away for longer than a day or two.  I just had a physical, so It's not from a medical problem.
Posted Image

#5 Jkm

Jkm

• Platinum Member
  • 12,591 posts

Posted 21 April 2005 - 06:26 AM

I have a pain disorder and wake up after about an hours' sleep for 2hrs.  I may ask my doc for something like this, myself.  I'm tired of being so tired....   :hearts:
Posted Image

#6 Swede

Swede

ID: 23

• Platinum Member
  • 3,419 posts

Posted 25 April 2005 - 03:52 PM

I have been taking mine at dinner and have noticed some headaches just before bed.

Swede

#7 aberCoreyfitch

aberCoreyfitch

ID: 927

• PipPipPip
  • 159 posts

Posted 20 April 2005 - 09:53 AM

I had bad insomnia way before I started antidepressants... Anyways.. ask your doctor about Desyrel (Trazodone is the chemical name).. it's a antidepressant that you take before bed and it induces sleep.. it's not suppose to be addictive. It helps a ton with anxiety and panic disorder the next day also.
Corey, I"m 26 years old; Atlanta, GA now.. I'm happy :)

#8 Jkm

Jkm

• Platinum Member
  • 12,591 posts

Posted 17 April 2005 - 05:18 PM

Usually in the am.  I tried to take it at night when I first got on it, and wasn't able to sleep for hours.

I had the nausea thing to for about a week.
Posted Image

#9 ndodge

ndodge

ID: 1381

• Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 17 April 2005 - 03:40 PM

I've taken mine both in the am and pm and haven't really noticed a difference.  I had nausea and major dry mouth for the first few weeks but both went away

#10 SUTHERN REDD

SUTHERN REDD

ID: 1152

• Pip
  • 22 posts

Posted 19 April 2005 - 07:54 PM

I have just had a pdoc appt and last month we increased to 60mg.  For the last month I have had horrible sleep patterns...Go to bed up in 2 hours then toss and turn for 2-3 and I either get up or I watch tv for a while and try again until 530.  She told me to change it to AM's and for me that is at 530-600.  I am doing that now and hoping for sleep soon.  

I have read take benadryl or klonopin (both of which I have) to help the sleep but so far I have only taken a OTC a couple of times and it hardly worked...

I know it is temporary that is why we didnt go script for sleep...I just would like 1 night in 3 that is a good nights sleep for now...
~ SUTHERN REDD ~

#11 aberCoreyfitch

aberCoreyfitch

ID: 927

• PipPipPip
  • 159 posts

Posted 18 April 2005 - 07:46 AM

I try to take my 60mg of Cymbalta between 5:00am-6:00am... I notice it starts to kick in around 8 or shortly after that  :p
Corey, I"m 26 years old; Atlanta, GA now.. I'm happy :)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users