Advertisement
  • No one should be alone in this. We can help.
If you - or someone you know - are having thoughts about suicide, call 1-800-273-TALK (8255). Calls are connected to a certified crisis center nearest the caller's location. Services are available 24 hours a day, seven days a week.                                                                            If you - or someone you know - are having thoughts about suicide, call 1-800-273-TALK (8255). Calls are connected to a certified crisis center nearest the caller's location. Services are available 24 hours a day, seven days a week.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Photo

Cymbalta

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
356 replies to this topic

#81 Sumatra

Sumatra

• Pip
  • 31 posts

Posted 05 December 2004 - 03:29 PM

On Prozac, 10 mg., my last med, I couldn't stay asleep more than two hours at a time.  I wasn't worrying about anything; I just couldn't sleep.  I was exhausted every morning.  It's great to sleep through the night, although some mornings I have a little trouble getting up.  Still, much better!

#82 The Sweetest Thing

The Sweetest Thing

• Pip
  • 22 posts

Posted 27 October 2004 - 08:48 PM

hey,

I took 60 mg. today, but haven't noticed a diff.  I miss the euphoric high

#83 Remission

Remission

• PipPipPip
  • 185 posts

Posted 22 January 2005 - 11:53 AM

Good question, are their any other guinea pigs still out there?  I am still in process of my slow taper off.  I am down to 10 mg of Cymbalta.  I get to 10 mg by taking 1/2 of a 20 mg capsule.  The withdrawal has not been too bad.  I continue to get liver tests, and since tapering the Cymbalta, they have returned to an acceptable level. The biggest mystery is that my depression has not returned, since discontinuing Cymbalta. I feel better all over since starting the taper.  There is the possibility that I am BP and the Cymbalta taper switched me into some sort of hippomanic state.  We will see what the Wizard of Psychiatry (Oz) says to me on my next visit in a few weeks.

I also ordered the new DNA blood test that tests exactly how your body metabolizes antidepressant meds.  There is a possibility that I am a "poor metabolize" and that it why I have such severe side effects, with the normal recommended dosage.  It will be interested to use this information as another piece of the puzzle for me.

How is everyone else doing?

#84 Jkm

Jkm

• Platinum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,591 posts

Posted 24 October 2004 - 09:28 AM

Remission,

I take the whole 60, and get a little tired around suppertime, but cook anyways, and am able to go to bed around 10pm for the night.  The doc told me to take the whole 60mg. at once.  I don't notice any difference after I take it, like feeling loopy in a hour.  I'm busy at work till about 4:30, when I get the paperwork done.  I'm not taking naps like I was on Lexapro on the weekends, and am getting more done, albeit slowly.  I let things go in my house for over a year.  It was lots easier thinking about doing things, and wearing myself out with the thought... Now I'm getting to things...  I don't think this med is as sedating as Lexapro was for me.  Paxil was worse.  I could shut my eyes and be out cold for a couple of hours.  My Christmas ornaments are still upstairs in packing boxes from last year.  They never mad it to the closet... :hearts:  I used to be 'Super Woman'.  Lost that title....

I don't notice any difference taking 60mg. vs. 30mg., physically.  I'm getting more done.  I think I have more energy, and procrastinate less.  No headache, a little stomach tightness.  That could just be my stomach...

Hope, can you get someone to take your blood pressure?  I'm wondering if it's dropping this after you take it.  Normal is 120/80.  This can fluctuate 10 degrees for us older folks.  Some store have a machine, like Rite Aid, and you drop a quarter in the machine after you put your arms in the cuff....  Just a thought....
Posted Image

I have GAD. I worry about everything, lol!

#85 ados

ados

Platinum Member

• Platinum Member
  • 7,119 posts

Posted 27 October 2004 - 06:19 AM

This is a new med, and it is sounding (in most cases) really promising.  I'm hearing from several of you that you notice improvement quite quickly.  Of course you always need to work with your doctor, but I would just remind everyone to go slowly on the dosage increases.  Maybe the med just needs a bit more time in your system to provide full benefits and get over the side effects.  You wouldn't want to pass over a certain dose window that works perfect for you!

On the other hand, it sounds like some are finding that once they reach the higher dosage they do much better.  Since the drug is so new, I guess we can only learn from everyone's experience.

Thanks for sharing!!!  It is exciting to hear how cymbalta seems to be helping so many!

Karen
Life is hard, but God is good.

Pam Thum

ados for Depression Forums Administration
Original DF join date: October 25, 2001 Posted Image

#86 Jaded

Jaded

• PipPip
  • 93 posts

Posted 27 October 2004 - 06:08 AM

I've been taking Cymbalta fro about 3 weeks now and it's been great. I started at 20mg once a day for a week then went up to 20 mg twice a day. It helped my depression and anxiety from day one.

I have had some minor breakthrough depression and anxiety here and there but it doesn't last long. This is the only thing I've gotten results from. I tried Wellbutrin then Zoloft before starting Cymbalta. The Cymbalta was the only thing that helped my anxiety too.

My s/e's are tolerable. Some lightheadedness, headaches, and thirst are the main ones. I had some very vivid and disturbing nightmares the first couple nights but that went away. I have some early morning insomnia but don't know if it's from the med as I was waking anyway. I have had some feelings of arousal that I haven't felt in a long time but orgasm is still a little difficult though not impossible, so I can live with that.

I have my 3 week followup appt. with the doc today.  I like this med very much and am going to stay on it for as long as it works. Good luck to everyone trying this. Give it time and hang in there.

For those who are having a hard time on start up, is it possible to start at too high a dose? I know everyone is different and your doc knows best but the 20mg. twice a day works great for me.

#87 Jkm

Jkm

• Platinum Member
  • 12,591 posts

Posted 27 October 2004 - 06:38 AM

I'm hoping everyone having problems with this med hangs in there for the start-ups.  I've been on this for over a month, and the only thing I notice is a dry mouth.  I inc. after the first five days, and didn't notice anything that pointed to a worsing of side-effects with 60mg.  The vivid dreams were not unpleasant.  I finally was able to give up the weekend naps, that probably were more of a symptom of depression, than tiredness.  I didn't have a return of the horrible anxiety that I was especially fearful of, as I was switching meds.  I do experience much less pain, which was the other effect I was looking for.

If the anxiety is a major side effect, please ask the doc for something to reduce it.  This happens a lot for people as a start-up, and usually goes away the longer you are on the med.  I know that people who first go on Wellbrutin have experienced this, and I did with Lexapro.

The regular dose for this is 60mg., once a day.  The 20 and 30mg. are for tapering doses only.   :hearts:
Posted Image

#88 Daddo

Daddo

• PipPip
  • 145 posts

Posted 22 January 2005 - 11:27 AM

How are people doing, haven't seen much lately??  Still on Cymbalta?
Fred

#89 Remission

Remission

• PipPipPip
  • 185 posts

Posted 26 October 2004 - 10:39 AM

Orion -  Good luck with Cymbalta.  Please keep us posted.  I am most interested in your experience, as (depending on the doctor) I might also be bipolar II or bipolar NOS.

#90 Daddo

Daddo

• PipPip
  • 145 posts

Posted 26 December 2004 - 03:36 PM

Have been on the 30 mg of Cymbalta for 2 weeks, no lexapro for one week.  Not sure how I feel, tired for sure but not really up or down kind of in the middle.  Will go a coupld of more weeks and see about going to 60 mg.  For those that have gone to 60 from 30 have you noticed any increase in sideeffects, sexual or otherwise? I don't want to go to a higher dose if I don't need to but also don't want to cheat myself by not going up, If I sound confused I am...
Thanks
:confused:
Fred

#91 max

max

• Pip
  • 29 posts

Posted 18 November 2004 - 01:04 PM

Yes, I agree.  My memory and cognitive deficits have greatly improved since being off Effexor, and do not seem to be affected by Cymbalta.

#92 The Sweetest Thing

The Sweetest Thing

• Pip
  • 22 posts

Posted 26 October 2004 - 10:31 PM

I am having anxiety too.  The euphoric mood has kinda gone away.  I've been taking the 30 mg for 5 days now.  Should I up it?  I am beginning to kinda feel restless and intorverted again.  I'm mad and think people have alterior motives.  THis sucks what do I do guys?  help  :(

#93 Hope

Hope

• PipPip
  • 104 posts

Posted 30 October 2004 - 10:58 PM

Well mood is still all over the place.  I am wondering if my med is wearing off in the evening.  Most days my mood is okay or mild depression till about 4 then it gets really bad.  I take my med at 10 at night.  So I am wondering if splitting the dose would work.  I had to do that when I was on 80mgs of celexa.  I took it at night same time, but by 6 my mood was dropping.  So I had to take 20 around 2pm and the rest at night.  That is a thought!!!!!!!!!!!!  But the med makes me so sleepy.  Maybe though I will adjust to it.

I also found out that Human Growth Hormone is a little off.  I had more blood work to see if it is still off.  I found some info that said you could have anxiety and emotional liablitly if it was low.  Maybe after three years this could be part of the problem.  Oh I quess just wishful thinking. :hearts:

Hope

Someday I will be able to live life again.  Hope is the only thing I have left.

#94 Jkm

Jkm

• Platinum Member
  • 12,591 posts

Posted 27 November 2004 - 04:18 PM

bebo,

The other ingredients in Cymbalta take care of the depression.  It's an ssri with an added twist!    :grinning:
Posted Image

#95 Jkm

Jkm

• Platinum Member
  • 12,591 posts

Posted 26 December 2004 - 04:05 PM

I didn't notice any difference in anything with the increase.
Posted Image

#96 Ltb3105

Ltb3105

Silver Member

• Silver Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,091 posts

Posted 27 October 2004 - 09:28 PM

I have been reading through the posts on this thread and haven't figured out whether or not this is a med for anxiety with depression or vice versa...hehehe.

Has it been approved for panic disorder or GAD?  How is everyone's appetite and weight on Cymbalta?  

I'm taking Lexapro 10 mg. now for almost 7 mos. and have slowly started to gain weight.  I"m not happy about this, as I took Paxil before I switched to Lexapro and gained 20 lbs.  After I switched to Lex, I lost all the weight and thought I had found the magic pill.

Now, the lbs. are slowly starting to creep back on, due to increased appetite as of late.  I am walking 4 miles a day, and that is barely helping.

Can a side effect, such as weight gain, show up so much later after you begin taking a med???  I find it strange that I would gain weight after so many months, don't you?

Thanks for any input.

Laura

"Life is what happens to you when you're busy making other plans" -- John Lennon

#97 Orion

Orion

Silver Member

• Silver Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 706 posts

Posted 27 October 2004 - 06:22 PM

Well, here it is day 2 on the Cymbalta.  Not so good.  I have a had a roaring headache all day...feels like a migraine but migraine med's won't touch it, I am physically worn out, blurry vision, seriuos cognative behavior problems, thirsty and my stomach would hurt it I ate but I have no appetite.  My shoulders and neck are really sore.  I am having wierd daydreams.  The one good thing is I slept really hard last night and I think my arthritis isn't as bad.  I need to do a chart with the barometric pressure and how I feel.

If it wasn't for those who have gone before I don' think I cold stick it out.  Now to try and figure out which is Cymbalta and which are Trileptal s/e's.

Orion

Dancing on the Edges

#98 bebo

bebo

• PipPip
  • 99 posts

Posted 27 November 2004 - 02:54 PM

Thanks for the advice JKM.  My complaints are more emotional like anxiety and the hopeless feeling, etc so I dont know if I should try cymbalta or not - I will keep it in mind.

Thanks,bebo

#99 Jkm

Jkm

• Platinum Member
  • 12,591 posts

Posted 23 October 2004 - 09:51 AM

When are you taking your dose, Hope?  I hate to hear that you're having such anxiety.  I know how that can stop you in your tracks.  Some of the other meds work on the anxiety fast.  I think I had enough Lexapro in my system that I didn't have that as an initial start-up effect.  If you have something for anxiety, you might have to take it for awhile.  If not, get something from your doc.  Anxiety is so hard on you mentally and physically, and it's not right that you have to suffer with it when there are so many meds available to treat it.  Do you think it's your system or a side-effect?  Mine was a major symptom of my illness.  This med covers my anxiety, but I know that with the Lexapro, it took months for that effect to kick in... Like about 4-5 till I could cut the Buspar out, and taper off the Ativan.  I used 7.5 mg. of Buspar at night to keep me asleep.  I know this is a mini dose, but if I took it in the day, my anxiety kicked up into high gear.  It takes about 2-3 wks. to work, so it's not too good for short acting needs, only in the long-run..   :hearts:
Posted Image

#100 Daddo

Daddo

• PipPip
  • 145 posts

Posted 18 November 2004 - 12:04 PM

I have been reading all of your posts for at least a year, first thru the Effexor, then lexapro etc. I was on Effexor but didn't like being up to the max dosage to get the effects of the norepinephrine (spelling??) and am very much considering going on Cymbalta.  When I was on Effexor I experienced bad short term memory and was wondering if any of you have noticed this on Cymbalta
Thanks
Fred

#101 ados

ados

Platinum Member

• Platinum Member
  • 7,119 posts

Posted 25 October 2004 - 09:35 PM

The Sweetest Thing,

Wow!  That is great, that cymbalta is working so well for you!!!  Thanks for being an encouragment.  :)

Karen
Life is hard, but God is good.

Pam Thum

ados for Depression Forums Administration
Original DF join date: October 25, 2001 Posted Image

#102 Hope

Hope

• PipPip
  • 104 posts

Posted 23 October 2004 - 08:32 AM

Thanks again JKM.  So far this morning has been rough.  The anxiety is high and the mood is really low.  I am hoping that this med starts working soon. :hearts:
Hope

#103 Chatman

Chatman

• Pip
  • 17 posts

Posted 18 November 2004 - 11:42 AM

Ronnie,
Thank you. Yes, I have read the prescribing information. Nor would I drink while using any antidepressant! But I'm curious as to the enzyme changes that apparently prevents Mindless 13 from taking Cymbalta. I assume her enzyme changes are not related to alcohol use.
Chatman

#104 Jkm

Jkm

• Platinum Member
  • 12,591 posts

Posted 23 October 2004 - 02:54 PM

Remission,

Glad to hear that you are getting some relief.  The constipation goes with the territory, and a cup of hot coffee gets the plumbing working in the am.  Apple juice, graham cracker, salad fresh friuts, and squirrel breakfast cerals can help.  I eat a couple of granola bars during the day.  Like swallowing gravel.  cough ~ cough

I don't know what it would be like not to have some degree of depression.  The side-effects seem to be feeling tired all the time, not like having to go to sleep, but kinda worn out.  I have been saying that if we ever had an earthquake in Ohio, you'd better stay away from my closets.  That's the most dangerous place in my house, and the most neglected...  I know this is from depression --the lack of motivation.  I can keep up with the daily things, but the stuff is still in the closets, and when I try to clean them out, my mind goes blank.  I'm slowly giving lots of stuff away that no longer fits my kids, but then the piles sit around.  Depression sucks.
Posted Image

#105 Hope

Hope

• PipPip
  • 104 posts

Posted 13 November 2004 - 06:28 PM

Jackie glad to hear that you are feeling better.  I had an okay day.  I finally got one of the bathrooms cleaned and mopped the floor.  I embarrased to say this but it has been almost a month, well actually since I started this med, that I have cleaned.  but I just had  to pull myslef together to get something done.  Wow what hard work it was.
Hope

#106 Jkm

Jkm

• Platinum Member
  • 12,591 posts

Posted 13 November 2004 - 06:15 PM

I'm feeling some better than yesterday.  Now I know what it feels like to 'bottom out' on this med.  Not good.  I felt like my mind was stuck on 'Low Mood'.
Posted Image

#107 Hope

Hope

• PipPip
  • 104 posts

Posted 26 October 2004 - 08:51 PM

Thanks guys.  REmission, thanks so much for sharing your story.  I really thought I was an odd ball.  I have such hard time with these meds.  But so far this is the worse anxiety wise.  I havent had panic attacks, knock on wood, but the anxiety is bad.  

And I feel so keyed up and jittery inside.  That is one thing my anxiety doesn't normally do.  So I know it is the med.  And for you know how I said I have lightheadedness, blurred vision and my eyes are sensitive to light well I know the med is bringing that out in me.  IT is scary.  But tonight I will go ahead and up my dose and call the doc tomorrow morning.  I will just have to keep taking xanax till it starts working.  You gave me hope that it wont last long.

Hope

#108 canacool

canacool

• PipPip
  • 61 posts

Posted 24 October 2004 - 08:30 PM

Hi guys, l have been reading your posts on this new drug, to see if it seems to be working for you. I feel for you guys, you seem to have trouble finding a med that works. I have been lucky, but my brother hasnt. Thats why l am following this thread, and can let him know about this drug, he seems to have given up on meds, saying nothing has worked. I try to tell him, there are other meds out there blah blah blah. Anyway keep trying,  dont give up the fight.

#109 Remission

Remission

• PipPipPip
  • 185 posts

Posted 30 October 2004 - 11:36 AM

Hi Bebo - You are absolutely correct.  Cymbalta is very similar to most TCA's in respect to neurotransmitters NE/5HT, except Cymbalta is supposed to have much fewer side effects, which I can attest to.  Of the many TCA's, some like Nortriptyline are almost 90% NE compared to little if any 5HT reuptake.  The more sedating TCA's are the ones with more 5HT effects vs. NE.

Cymbalta is claimed (in the drug company sponsored pre launch research) be a "balanced" NE & 5HT-reuptake inhibitor.  This contrasts to Effexor, which generally requires high dosages for the NE component to kick in.  It is thought that you get an equal NE & 5HT effect with Cymbalta, even at the starting dose.  Both Effexor and Cymbalta have very little reuptake of DA.

NE is thought to be involved with motivations, drive, energy and pain.  5HT is thought to be involved more with anxiety, sleep, sex, and general feeling of well being.  

I have found Cymbalta to be much more tolerable then Effexor.  I experience far fewer side effects with about the same level of depression/anxiety relief.  To me, Effexor is like a shot of alcohol and Cymbalta is a fine aged alcohol.  Much less punch and jolt.  Although my opinion could change, once I go up to 90 mg of Cymbalta (chickened out with the increase so far).

Cymbalta, like other AD's might not work well for everyone, but your doctor's suggestion sounds reasonable, considering your past benefits from a similar med (Effexor).

Good luck.

#110 Ronnie

Ronnie

• Silver Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 953 posts

Posted 18 November 2004 - 11:04 AM

There are 2 P450 enzymes that metabolize Cymbalta... they are CYO2D6 and CYO1A2 .  It does undergo extensive metabolism with numerous metabolites.  I wouldn't drink while on these meds.
Nothing real can be threatened.
Nothing unreal exists.
Herein lies the peace of God.
~A Course in Miracles

#111 Hope

Hope

• PipPip
  • 104 posts

Posted 01 November 2004 - 01:23 PM

Hey guys well here is a list of symptoms for a defincey in the human growth hormone.
Symptoms of GHD in adults include:

Increased fat around face and abdomen

Lower level of lean body mass

Osteopenia (bone loss)

Thinning skin with fine wrinkles

Poor sweating or impaired temperature regulation

Loss of interest in sex

Sleep problems

Decreased muscle strength

Decreased exercise performance

Decreased energy and vitality

Higher cholesterol levels, especially LDL cholesterol ("bad" cholesterol)

Hyperinsulinemia (production of too much insulin, related to being overweight)

Decreased well being, more depression, emotions that change or seem inappropriate.

NOTE: SOURCE (for adult symptoms): Becker, Kenneth L. (editor). Principles and Practice of Endocrinology and Metabolism. Lippincott Williams & Wilkins (publisher), 2001; pp. 137-140.

I also read on another site that it causes anxiety.

I had some trauma after the birth of my son.  And ever since his birth, we thought it was just PPD.  So after almost three years of suffering doc decided to check all of my hormones.  My thyroid use to be off but it is normal now.  I evan was able to go off synthyroid.  So that is a plus.  He still checks it though every three months.  He really doesn't think this could be causing my problems but you never no.

I did also gain a lot of weight, I am now 70lbs heavy than when I was 9 months prego.  And it is all in my middle area, my cholestrol has been high since the birth.  Weird huh!!!!!!!  And of course the mood swings.  Which we know I am not bipolar.  I have normal days then swing easier into severe depression.

So hopefully we will get some kind of answer.  I cant keep dealing like this.

I really have a hard time with the meds.  For some reason I just feel so much more depressed.  When I am not on meds, I can have a couple good days with the bad.  Ever since I started the cymbalta, I have not had one good day.  I think it is time to call the doc.

Hope

#112 Jkm

Jkm

• Platinum Member
  • 12,591 posts

Posted 22 October 2004 - 06:40 AM

This makes one month, and I'm glad I decided to stick with this med.  I'm sleeping better than with Lexapro, and have no side-effects that I can tell, except for the stomach thing, and I'm not sure that's from the Cymbalta.  I was initially dx'd with panic disorder and depression, and currently with gad and depression.  My anxiety is fine, not a problem, and I have plenty to be anxious about...

I give this med a   '10'  for reducing the pain I was in..  Anyone else having good experiences with this med?
Posted Image

#113 bebo

bebo

• PipPip
  • 99 posts

Posted 30 October 2004 - 10:37 AM

Hi all,

I know that cymbalta is supposed to have both serotonin and norephrine(sp?) - versus just serotonin.  My question is: what exactly does each one do?  Are there certain symptons that respond better to norephrine?  I know a lot of the older TCAs contained both but I have never known exactly what they do.  Thanks for any info.

bebo

PS  -  I have been on paxil since June bec my effexor pooped
        out but my pdoc said I could try cymbalta if I wanted
       bec I did so good on effexor.

#114 Remission

Remission

• PipPipPip
  • 185 posts

Posted 23 October 2004 - 12:55 PM

Glad your are doing pretty good JKM.  Hang in there Hope.  If Cymbalta helps for you, it will be well worth the wait.  Don't give up too soon.

I am stilling doing okay.  Not feeling really good, but I sure have been a lot worse.   So far, Cymbalta is the only drug (out of many recent trials) that has provided me with some relief, instead of making matters exponentially worse.

S/E's are still mild.  Although, not sure if some of my original depression symptoms are S/E's, or just the lingering depression/anxiety.  I still have difficulty with sleeping.  Also, I still have constipation issues.  I am approaching the 30-day mark at 60 mg a day.  Still hopeful that in the coming weeks it will only get better.

For the time being, ECT is no longer in the play book.  :idea3:

Since I am starting to come out of this 2 year long deep depression, it feels like the aftermath of a hurricane.  There was a lot of damage done and lots of rebuilding work ahead of me.

How is everyone else doing?  Buy more Cymbalta, my Lilly stock is way down!

Remission

#115 Jaded

Jaded

• PipPip
  • 93 posts

Posted 16 November 2004 - 06:54 PM

Hi Sumatra,

Welcome to the board!  :)

The lowest dose cap is 20mg. I started with 20mg. one time a day for 7 days then went to 20mg. twice a day. It's working great for me. Good luck with this one. Hope it works for you. It is so frustrating and difficult trying to find something that works, especially since we all react so differently to these meds. Keep us posted.

#116 Remission

Remission

• PipPipPip
  • 185 posts

Posted 26 October 2004 - 08:22 PM

Hope -  I had the same intitial anxiety problem.  So I will tell you my story, which will make you feel better.  It got so bad that I had two visits to the ER, and Ativan (JKM) did the trick both times.  The extreme anxiety/restlessness went away when I uped the dose to 60 mg a day and was into Cymbalta for a total of 2 weeks.  If your doctor is Okay w/ it, don't be afraid to use some ativan to get you over the hump.  Glad you are getting to see occassional light at the end of the tunnel.

#117 The Sweetest Thing

The Sweetest Thing

• Pip
  • 22 posts

Posted 29 October 2004 - 10:16 AM

Hey girls

I'm on 60 mg right now, day 4.  I'm exhausted and spacey.  I lost the energy it gave me.  Maybe I can take wellbutrin with this?  Maybe it counteracts the aggitation.  I want something with energy, nothing like Paxil that made me lethargic and uncaring.  I just wish i could find a drug that worked like Wellbutrin first did. I wish that I could et adderal, something with some pep to it!   Cymbalta is just like Effexor, I see no difference.  It even has the little balls in the pills like Effexor XR.  I can tell because of the extreme dry mouth it gives me, just like Effexor did.  And to think the discontinuation is going to be just as pretty!  Yay!  :(

#118 Hope

Hope

• PipPip
  • 104 posts

Posted 22 November 2004 - 03:41 PM

I think I spoke too soon. :confused:  I am having a really hard time again.  What the heck is this crap.  Yesterday was bad and today is worse.  I just dont know what to do.  It has been 6 weeks.  I dont know what to do.
Hope

#119 Jkm

Jkm

• Platinum Member
  • 12,591 posts

Posted 04 November 2004 - 11:54 PM

I have three children, and I know the dramatic shift of hormones just about knocked me off my feet.  I remember a couple of days where I couldn't do anything but take care of her, and cry when she was a couple of weeks old.  I finally went back to work when she was 4wks. old just to try to get some perspective on life.  It was difficult to get into the swing of motherhood after having no children and starting late in life at 37 with a family.  It worked out as I have three, now.

I have had two episodes of depression in the last 10 yrs.  I know about the anxiety as this last depression was fraught with this crummy symptom.  I was on Lexapro, and it took months to calm  it down, and I used Ativan for awhile till I could get off it, and feel anxiety and panic free.  How old is your baby, now?  I have children who are 14, 13 and 9yrs. old.  I'm in the beginning of menopause, so like I said, "It never quits!".  

My Father is not expected to live much longer, either.  I can't cry.  I couldn't when I had the panic disorder. Only when I talked to the doc, and now after all this time, I still can't.  I guess I can't complain.  I might not be able to stop.

Are you working, or getting outside of the house?  I had worked for so many years, it was helpful to get back to my job.  It keeps my head together.  I love my children more than life, but I  also need to take care of me and this works for me.....
Posted Image

#120 max

max

• Pip
  • 29 posts

Posted 21 October 2004 - 11:54 AM

Hi everyone,
I'm up to 60mg now, and feeling pretty good.  I was finding myself having a very short fuse the last few days, but I think I'm calmer now.  Anyone else experience this?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users