Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Remission

Cymbalta

357 posts in this topic

Posted

Hi Everyone,

I have a whole story to tell you all about my time on Cymbalta but haven't been feeling well enough (Cymbalta has been working very well) from other things and meds for quite some time.  I don't feel well this morning either but promise to get back here soon.

You might also be interested in:

Posted

Well, I'm still around. I've been taking 20mg Cymbalta twice a day and I'm doing great. Side effects are almost none. Biggest thing is fatigue but definitely tolerable and I feel sooooo much better. It really works for my depression and anxiety. I'm so happy to have found this. Virtually no s/e's and I feel great. What's not to like? :)

I'll admit I haven't had any blood tests. My doc hasn't mentioned it. I see him Wednesday. I did decide to begin taking a liver support supplement with milk thistle in it just in case, but I'm in no hurry to stop Cymbalta. It works for me.

Posted

Jaded:

What did your doctor have to say? Glad to hear that Cymbalta is working so well for you, I don't see my doctor now until March so we will see.  I was supposed to see her today but had to cancell due to another commitment.

Posted

FYI - More news on Cymbalta -

Eli Lilly's Yentreve Casts Shadow On Cymbalta

01.28.05, 2:05 PM ET

Tear Sheet   |    Chart   |    News  

Prudential Equity Group said the recent decision by Eli Lilly (nyse: LLY - news - people ) to withdraw its application of Yentreve suggests that there may be a safety issue with the incontinence drug. "While a missed opportunity for Eli Lilly, the bigger concern is whether this could have any spill-over onto Cymbalta, which we forecast will be an over $3.00 billion product by 2009," Prudential said. "At this point, we are not saying that Cymbalta will run into a problem, but merely note that an issue could potentially arise here." Prudential said there are no marketed drugs for stress urinary incontinence, suggesting the Food and Drug Administration would have a lower threshold to approve Yentreve. The research firm said the Food and Drug Administration has already asked once for safety data related to QTc prolongation (heart conduction abnormality) and drug-drug interaction studies back in 2003. "Post the withdrawal of Vioxx, our industry contacts say the FDA is already acting more cautious in certain regards," Prudential said. Whether the FDA will now pay closer attention to what Eli Lilly's Urologics division had done with Yentreve is a valid question, according to Prudential. The research firm reiterated a "neutral-weight" rating on Eli Lilly.

Posted

Jaded:

What did your doctor have to say? Glad to hear that Cymbalta is working so well for you, I don't see my doctor now until March so we will see.

Posted

Glad the appointment went well.

Posted

Topics are usually closed within 10 pages. We are closing this thread and hopefully Random will start another on this road with Cymbalta and his recovery.  :;):

~Lindsay