Advertisement
  • No one should be alone in this. We can help.
If you - or someone you know - are having thoughts about suicide, call 1-800-273-TALK (8255). Calls are connected to a certified crisis center nearest the caller's location. Services are available 24 hours a day, seven days a week.                                                                            If you - or someone you know - are having thoughts about suicide, call 1-800-273-TALK (8255). Calls are connected to a certified crisis center nearest the caller's location. Services are available 24 hours a day, seven days a week.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Photo

Cymbalta

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
356 replies to this topic

#1 mindless13

mindless13

ID: 478

• Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 17 November 2004 - 12:45 PM

Dear Jaded,
I'm a lab tech and can keep an eye on my blood chemistry quite easily.  No problems on most meds except the 2 I liked the best effexor and cymbalta.  I really felt fine but just checked my blood at different intervals and when I stop taking effexor or cymbalta my enzymes go back to normal.  My pdoc is thinking of starting me on topamax or lactimal for bp.  Anyone have any input?    thanks Lisa
HELP

#2 skeet

skeet

ID: 259

• Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 19 October 2004 - 12:23 PM

Hi Rhapsody, Well my luvox has pooped out on me and i have been on almost all the antidepressants there is out there for ocd.  No it has not been aproved for ocd but neither is some of the meds doctors use for it, sometimes meds that are for othere things help ocd that is in the research.  So we are seeing how this med will help. She upped my dose to 60mg today so will see what happens.  :wave:
skeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet

#3 Jkm

Jkm

ID: 28

• Platinum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,591 posts

Posted 29 September 2004 - 06:03 PM

I'm working on 40, and it hasn't been a problem.  I was just about falling asleep on the Lexapro in the afternoon.  I'm not sure what the 60 will so, but that's not till Friday.  I know that if I take it before I go to bed,   :bump: I'll be up most of the night.  Forget that!  Taking it in the morning, has been great.  I still had the  :idea3: :idea3:, but they're not as severe, either.  It must be working on the old beaner!  No problems with my stomach.  The best thing is NO clenching.  I can't believe it after 15mo....    :hearts:
Posted Image

I have GAD. I worry about everything, lol!

#4 Remission

Remission

ID: 143

• PipPipPip
  • 185 posts

Posted 29 September 2004 - 05:53 PM

Day 13 (2 of them at 60 mg).  Today was probably my best day so far.  Kind of goes in and out, but when it is in, it is a much needed improvement.  Going from 40 mg to 60-mg cause no increased side effects.  The only difference is it seems to be starting to work.  I know there will be up and down days, but I am firmly planning on sticking this one out at least 4-6 weeks.

Remember, I am the treatment resistant king.  Nothing has helped in years.  Keep trucking!

#5 VelvetElvis

VelvetElvis

ID: 724

• PipPip
  • 50 posts

Posted 30 September 2004 - 03:04 PM

No physical side effects today.  In fact, I feel pretty good.  This might be infunced by the fact that I woke up at 3AM with a nightmakre potent enough to require a benzo to get back to sleep though.
Autumn wins you best by this its mute
Appeal to sympathy for its decay.

-Robert Browning

#6 VelvetElvis

VelvetElvis

• PipPip
  • 50 posts

Posted 29 September 2004 - 05:36 PM

Day 10

My mood is definately improving.  If the physical side effects will abate a little bit more, I might actualy be able to be productive again.

I've had really vivid dreams the last couple of nights.  I'm not too fond of this since I usualy have nightmares.  Most of the time I can realize that I'm dreaming and wake up from the middle of a nightmare.  This hasn't been the case the last couple of days.

I'm sweating more than usual.

-Robert Browning

#7 The Sweetest Thing

The Sweetest Thing

ID: 833

• Pip
  • 22 posts

Posted 25 October 2004 - 12:24 AM

Hi everyone!

I am new to this forum.  :bump:

I'm 21, college student, part time job, and etc.

I have taken every SSRI on the market, and then Wellbutrin and Effexor all with negative results.  I went in to se my doctor on Wednesday desperate for help as I was coming off of Wellbutrin XL (150 mg).  I didn't bother tapering off so I went cold turkey and it made me ill and hostile.  Anyway I tell her I cannot concentrate anymore and beg for Straterra or Adderal to give me focus and energy.  Since I have no history of ADD, she refuses and says I should try this new Cymbalta drug.  She said it was an SSNRI in a drug class all of it's own.  So I began taking it and immediately noticed a difference!  I was happy.  No really, I was.  I went from being a shy, cynical, and suicidal person to smiling at everyone and everyhing.  and this is just the first week.  I feel so good and am grateful I tried this.  While I was on Wellbutrin I was angry and hateful, agitated beyond belief, and lost many friends.  I hated everyone, including myself.  So feeling this drug is a wonderful thing.  I love life again.  Sure it made me a little sick to my tummy but hey that's ok, it's not that bad.  It helped me workout and made me want to eat healthy again.  So far so good.  I'm so glad we can all share stores!  :hearts:

#8 Jkm

Jkm

• Platinum Member
  • 12,591 posts

Posted 25 October 2004 - 06:43 AM

The Sweetest Thing... :hearts:

I have had pretty good success with paxil and lexapro.  I went on Cymbalta for a pain disorder that reinforces my depression and anxiety.  I had the usual tummy thing with other start-ups.  It's working on the pain.  I think it's a good med, too.  I think the first 6-8 weeks are the challenge, and sometimes the start up weeks are the most difficult!  :bump:

Cancool,

Sorry your family member has not had a good experience with meds.  There are about 30 to choose from.  Some people need something to take the anxiety down, and get them through the side-effects, and some respond better if they take their meds at night vs. daytime.  Getting on meds is no 'walk in the park'.  I wish antidepressants didn't take so long to work....    :shocked:
Posted Image

#9 Lindsay

Lindsay

Forum Super Administrator

ID: 2

• Super Administrators
  • 15,162 posts

Posted 25 October 2004 - 12:45 AM

Welcome to the Depression Forums, The Sweetest Thing  :)
It's late here on the east coast..not many are up now to share your good news about Cymbalta, but I suspect they'll be here throughout the day tomorrow to wish you well, as I do.  Tak care and keep us updated..we care. :hearts:

Be Well....

~Lindsay ღ , Forum Super Administrator
Founder, depressionforums.org

Forum Super Administrator
DF member since June 2001 goldenvelope1jr.gif  

----
"I cannot make my mark for all time...those concepts are mutually exclusive.
"Lasting effect" is a self -contradictory term.  Meaning does not exist in the future, nor do I.  
Nothing will have meaning, "ultimately."
Nothing will even mean tomorrow what it did today.  Meaning changes with the context.

My meaningfulness is in the here and now. It is enough that I may be of value to someone today.
It is enough that I make a difference now."  ~Lindsay    

Hotlines

kumanomi.gif

#10 The Sweetest Thing

The Sweetest Thing

ID: 833

• Pip
  • 22 posts

Posted 25 October 2004 - 12:51 AM

thank you Lindsay!

:D

#11 VelvetElvis

VelvetElvis

• PipPip
  • 50 posts

Posted 27 September 2004 - 05:46 PM

FWIW, you'd be at least the second.  I gave up on monotherapy a long time ago.

-Robert Browning

#12 Jkm

Jkm

• Platinum Member
  • 12,591 posts

Posted 27 September 2004 - 06:41 PM

CymBARFa, huh?     :hearts:  I'm not having any problems with it in that area, I've been on 30, and will go up to 60 in a couple of days.  What I notice is a burst of energy, then my vision gets kind of foggy for about an hour.  The 60 will come near the weekend.  Taking this in the afternoon is working out, as afr as trying to deal with the side-effects when the work load is lighter.  The irritability is present, but knowing why it's there is helpful.  I don't miss all the clenching I was experiencing on Lexapro.  My sleep is more restless than before.  Jury is still out.....

Can you take something for the stomach problem?  Are you feeling queasy, or just plain ill?  I still have the headache form the virus, and had a terrible headache when starting Lexapro, so I'm wondering if this is going to be a problem...like a tension headache.....where's the ibuprophen???      ???
Posted Image

#13 Remission

Remission

• PipPipPip
  • 185 posts

Posted 27 September 2004 - 04:40 PM

As expected, pdoc appt. today upped my dose to 30-mg bid.  Going to take my first 30-mg cap in about an hour.  Day 11 and CymBARFa has not kicked in for me yet.  Side effects are still less than Effexor.  

I was a little more irritable that my normal irritable self today.  Less panic symptoms today, but I am starting to get foggy and my mental abilities are suffering.  I got weighed today.  So far, I have lost a 1/2 pound per day on CymBARFa.

For sleep, pdoc offered Trazadone or Remeron.  I decided against being the very first person to start mixing other AD's with CymBARFa.  I am going with Cymbalta solo for at least 4 weeks, before I start mixing things up.  It gets too confusing when you start combo's and don't know what is doing what.

Here goes my first 30 mg.

#14 Remission

Remission

• PipPipPip
  • 185 posts

Posted 31 October 2004 - 08:43 AM

Hope, can you tell us a little more about the Human Growth Hormone thing?  That is a new one for me.

#15 Hope

Hope

ID: 255

• PipPip
  • 104 posts

Posted 04 November 2004 - 06:23 PM

Well I am not sure what to think.  Sunday was horrible.  Actually the whole first two weeks were horrible.  Then my mood slowly got better.  Yesterday and today my depression wasn't evan there. But in the evening I am becoming a raging nut.  I feel like I am so keyed up inside and like I am g9ing to snap and just freak out.  I think it is agaitation with anxiety.  This happened to me when I hit 225 mgs of effexor.  But then again, who knows maybe I am bipolar.  I just cant believe how freakin irritable I am.  

I have to call the doc tomorrow.  This is weird.  I litterally feel like I am going to jump out of my skin. :hearts:

Hope

Someday I will be able to live life again.  Hope is the only thing I have left.

#16 Jkm

Jkm

• Platinum Member
  • 12,591 posts

Posted 04 November 2004 - 06:39 PM

Hope,

I sorry to hear that you are feeling so bad.  I know form having GAD that the anxiety can be so devastating.  Do you have something for anxiety?  I'm still doing fine, although things are happening around me that would surely upset me to the max if I weren't on meds.  All I'm taking is the Cymbalta.

I'm glad to hear that you're going to the docs tomorrow.  He needs to know about this.  Hang in there.  Wish I had some better advice...
Posted Image

#17 Hope

Hope

• PipPip
  • 104 posts

Posted 22 October 2004 - 04:00 PM

Well I  take the med and I get really tired and so mellow after I take it.  Then I get this energised feeling and my anixety flares up.   :wwww:But nothing I cant handle so far.  I am still spacy and lightheaded.  Not constant but almost all day.  Mood I really havent noticed anything.  Oh upset stomach and diahera is bad.  But like others have mentioned this is easier to start up than the effexor.  I just pray that it helps.

JKM how is your mood on this med.  I hope it is doing well for your depression too.

Hope

#18 Jkm

Jkm

• Platinum Member
  • 12,591 posts

Posted 22 October 2004 - 04:08 PM

My mood is even.  I don't feel depressed, if that's waht you're wondering about.  I don't feel irritable or like I'm anxious.

You're sure the diarrhea is from the med, or is it from the anxiety.  Do you get the cramps with it?  Maybe your doc could give you something to get through the anxiety till the med kicks in.  I asked my doc and she had no problems adding a Benzo when I went on Lexapro..  My anxiety was terrible for the first weeks, and I was becoming housebound...  Try asking.  Take a peek in the anxiety room, and see if you think your anxiety is acting up.  Lots of us get a whopping dose of anxiety with our depression...
Posted Image

#19 Hope

Hope

• PipPip
  • 104 posts

Posted 22 October 2004 - 06:21 PM

Thanks JKM.  Yeah I know it is the med, it started the second day with it.  It sucks.  I do have the cramps with it too.  But hopefully it will go away.  I think I also had it with effexor xr.  I am so glad to hear that you mood is evan. I only hope this med does that for me.  I am praying.

I do have anxiety.  And it does suck.  I have xanax but I only take it once in a blue moon.  IF the anxiety is in full force.  This med is increasing mine a little.  

But the mood is still horrible.  But I have only been on it for 6 days so that isn't too long at all.  HOpefully the weeks will fly.  After tomorrow  I will be on 60mgs.

Hope

#20 Jkm

Jkm

• Platinum Member
  • 12,591 posts

Posted 22 October 2004 - 06:33 PM

Hang in there. Hope!  It took a couple of weeks to ffigure out that it was going to work for me, too.  I had a virus when I started on it, and had problems with stomach pain, and we're still trying to figure out what that's about, but my doc tried to reassure me it wasn't from the Cymbalta.....I sure convinced myself it was.  Now, it's fine..
Posted Image

#21 Orion

Orion

Silver Member

ID: 40

• Silver Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 706 posts

Posted 26 October 2004 - 05:27 AM

Hi,

This is day one for me with the Cymbalta at 30mgs.  I am taking it for BP2 which it is not usually used for.  I will keep this room and the biploar room posted.

Thanks for sharing all your stories. :D

Orion

Dancing on the Edges

#22 Jkm

Jkm

• Platinum Member
  • 12,591 posts

Posted 26 October 2004 - 06:19 AM

I'm sure this is of special interest for many!  I hope you get the great results many of us are wishing for.  I'll be looking for your posts!    :hearts:
Posted Image

#23 Hope

Hope

• PipPip
  • 104 posts

Posted 27 October 2004 - 02:32 PM

I must have jinkxed myself.  I knew it would happen.  I am having a really low time right now.  It is one of those where you cant even get off the couch and your heart is so empty and your body is heavy.  Hopefully soon I will get some relief.  I did have a couple ok days.  I have to hold on to those.
Hope

#24 Remission

Remission

• PipPipPip
  • 185 posts

Posted 27 October 2004 - 02:44 PM

Hope - Sorry to hear about your set back.  It was a rollercoaster for me at the begining too.  Just when you start to think it is going to work, you get slammed back into the ditch.   As time goes on, there are fewer bad days and it evens out.  I know it is hard to see that when you are in the hole, from experience.

Hang in.

#25 lizard

lizard

ID: 20

• Platinum Member
  • 4,868 posts

Posted 26 October 2004 - 10:29 PM

Thanks to all of you pioneers - I've been reading with interest, as Cymbalta is a possibility my pdoc and I are considering. Your sharing your experiences is appreciated.

I'm too tired to recall (and too lazy to read back through all the posts), but it seems that some of you have fewer side-effects when you increase the dose. Is this so?
Courage doesn't always roar. Sometimes courage is that little voice at the end of the day that says: "I'll try again tomorrow."
Anne Hunninghake

Posted Image

hotlines

#26 Jkm

Jkm

• Platinum Member
  • 12,591 posts

Posted 01 October 2004 - 04:52 PM

Welcome to the club!  We're here trying to be good people and lead the way for others who eventualy may want to try this medication.  It works on the serotonin and norepinephrine in the brain, and depression is believed to be caused by an imbalance of these two chemicals.

Some people experience pain and fatigue with their depression, digestive problems, sleep problems, and weight changes.  Cymbalta is supposed to work on depression and pain both, so I switched from Lexapro to this with the hope that it takes the pain symptoms down.  The lexapro did real well with the concentration and anxiety I experienced, but seemed to do nothing for the headaches or backpain.   So far, so good.    :bump:

New meds can increase or decrease your blood pressure, so I get mine checked everytime I see the doc.  Mine runs high, and I get 'white coat' blood pressure where mine spikes up when I go to the doc's, anyhow.  It's a good idea to keep your docs on the same page with your medical issues.

When are you planning on starting you new meds?  I started when I was off from work with a viral infection, as I didn't want any surprises on the work site.  I found that this med tends to give a burst of energy, so taking it at bedtime had me up till 3am one night.  I now take it in the am before I go to work.  Caffine seems to increase the stimulating effect for some, so if you drink coffee or cola, you may notice a buzz or uncomfortable feeling, and want to switch to low test for awhile.

In the first week, I've had less pain, and noticed that I feel more clear-headed than the Lexapro.  I don't have the jaw clenching that I experienced on Lex, either, which is a big relief after 15mo. of headaches for that, and a tender jaw.  I have GAD, and have noticed no increase in anxiety.

I hope you get good results with this new medication!      :hearts:     Jackie   :shocked:
Posted Image

#27 Orion

Orion

Silver Member

ID: 40

• Silver Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 706 posts

Posted 16 October 2004 - 05:29 PM

Hi Remission,

I think I posted this a long time ago but here goes:

They put me on 150mg. of Trileptal for 12 days which is tomorrow and then I go to 300 mg. of Trileptal for 12 days and then I start the Cymbalta...backwards from what they are doing to you.  I am dxsd BP2.  They wanted to set a steady platform and then raise the mood slowly with the Cymbalta.  My pdoc is afraid she might send me to the moon so she is hoping the Trileptal will help that.  So far the Tripletal has been awful but I am willing to stick it out another 13 days just to try the Cymbalta.

I have only had one full blow manic episode and that was from being on Prozac many years ago now.  I took myself off all drugs except for xanax and klonopin and felt better than I ever had on all the other mood sabilizers, etc. I take Risperadol if I get too angry but that is not often.

I don't think I have a real dxs'...

:hearts:

Orion

Dancing on the Edges

#28 Jkm

Jkm

• Platinum Member
  • 12,591 posts

Posted 07 October 2004 - 03:38 PM

I started taking Tagament for the stomach pain, and have been trying to get the doc's office all afternoon to see if the doc will change my meds to 30mg., two times a day.  If my stomach straightens up, I can go back to the 60, I took 30 today, and my stomach is fine.  Maybe the 60 is just too strong.  I need to so something, before my serotonin goes down, and so does my mood.    :hearts:
Posted Image

#29 Jkm

Jkm

• Platinum Member
  • 12,591 posts

Posted 27 September 2004 - 07:31 PM

You make me laugh!  I do feel like a walking experiment!  I like to do these med adjustments at home, but my doc said this was very close to what I was on before....  I did have an episode of the zaps, today.  It reminds me of what is going on....   :idea3:  Remember Reddy Kilowatt?   :idea3:
Posted Image

#30 Remission

Remission

• PipPipPip
  • 185 posts

Posted 27 September 2004 - 07:26 PM

Glad you liked CymBARFa.  I still like it better the SideEffexor.  For me the stomach problems are mild and I can handle this.  I guess my depression symptoms are a little atypical, since I tend to eat more when I am depressed (with or without meds) and have gained 25 lbs. during this last episode.  Some one said that men often have increased appetite, rather then reduced with their depression.  Definitely the case for me.

In other words, the reduced appetite is (hoping) a good sign for me.  The recent panic like symptoms are a horse of a different color and not as easy to handle.  Although, if I go back 10 years to when I started my first AD (paxil) and it eventually worked, I had to get worse before it got much better.  Starting Paxil the first time gave also made me feel a little this way.

2 hours into my first 30 mg cap.  So far so good.  I thought stepping up might give me so problems.  Actually, increasing the dose was less dramatic then had I stuck with the evening 20 mg.  Time will tell.

Good luck at work and all your neurochemical adjustments this week.  Then you can experiment over the weekend.

#31 lightbeing

lightbeing

Advanced Member

ID: 240

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 288 posts

Posted 28 September 2004 - 12:36 PM

Hi all! Day four here at 60mg. I am feeling OK, I guess. The only complaint that I have is that I get really jazzed right when the Cymbalta kicks in and about four or five hours later I totally crash. I am so uncomfortable and fatigued that I can barely move. Could be a start up side effect or a withdrawl side effect from totally stopping the Effexor. I will definely give it some time and hopefully it is something that will pass. My husband has really started to pitch in which makes me feel like I can do what I need to to keep going. I have a decrease appetite...very good thing as I was gaining before I started this. It seems that so far I also have a decrease in cravings which is another really good thing that I hope continues. I am REALLY thirsty which is strange for me but good for me considering that I live in the desert and should drink far more than I normally do.

Just thought that I would check in and share what is going on with my Cymbalta journey.
light

#32 Daddo

Daddo

ID: 857

• PipPip
  • 145 posts

Posted 18 November 2004 - 04:37 PM

Glad to hear about the memory problem being a non-issue with the Cymbalta.  :)
thanks
Fred

#33 jumpinfrog

jumpinfrog

ID: 155

• PipPip
  • 49 posts

Posted 28 September 2004 - 04:45 PM

looks like they're starting a whole new Cymbalta forum ....

BTW -- I should be starting 20 MG in a few days-- I have to wait for the St John's Wort to clear out of my system first.

#34 VelvetElvis

VelvetElvis

• PipPip
  • 50 posts

Posted 28 September 2004 - 10:36 PM

I asked my pdoc yesterday about adding something (remeron or trazadone) for sleep, and he said it was safe, but "we" don't know what will happen, because Cymbalta is so new.  Time will tell on which drugs are going to mix best with Cymbalta.  If it were me, I would definitely get my pdoc's okay to combo ANY thing.  I think I read something in the PI for Cymbalta that a combo with an SSRI is liable to increase the effects significantly.

FWIW, I'm taking it in addition to Serequel, Wellbutrin, Dexidrine and sporadicly klonapin.  I'm on day nine now and I don't seem to be growing a third arm or anything like that.  I don't think I've had to take any klonnie since I started the Cymbalta, now that I think about it.  That's a rare thing for me and med changes.  

Bi-polar folks in other forums have reported taking it in conjunction with their usual mood stabalizers without any problems with interaction or increased mania.

-Robert Browning

#35 mindless13

mindless13

ID: 478

• Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 18 November 2004 - 04:16 PM

You may have something there, my gp only told me to recheck it (alt or sgpt) usually the ggt goes up in alcoholism.  No I don't drink, but I used to self medicate alot.  I did notice that it would return to normal after I stopped the med so maybe it's not that bad and it effects everyone's alt.  Thanks :wave:
HELP

#36 lightbeing

lightbeing

Advanced Member

ID: 240

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 288 posts

Posted 07 October 2004 - 09:20 AM

I don't know what is was with the wellbutrin that I could not tolerate but I hope it wasn't the norephinephrine....
   :hearts:

I had the same experience with Wellbutrin a couple of years ago and the same worry you have. I have not had any of the problems with Cymbalta that I had with Wellbutrin. I think that for me it was the dopamine component as when I have tried other meds that increase dopamine I literally go mad.

Jackie - I am sorry to hear that your stomach is still so upset. I am still having intermittent problems myself. Yuck!

I will be at two weeks on Saturday and I am doing great. The fatigue is still present but not as intense. I am sick to my stomach frequently still which is not fun. I still have the intense sleepiness in the afternoon most days but that seems to be getting better as well. In the past two weeks I have only had to take migraine me once compared to a whooping ten times before starting Cymbalta. Totally Excellent. The depths of depression are non-existant and I am feeling NORMAL! Woohoo!

Time to get the kids off to school.
light

#37 Remission

Remission

• PipPipPip
  • 185 posts

Posted 16 October 2004 - 12:29 PM

JKM - Glad you are getting some relief from Prevacid.  I have heard that that drug is very helpful for a number of different GI problems.  I have never heard any complaints about Prevacid.  Good luck w/ the tests on Monday.

Day 30 in Cymbalta land for me.  Still at 30 mg bid.  Still doing better than without.  Based upon my poor history w/ meds, that is saying a lot.  Side effects continue to be mild.  Nausea is totally gone.  Still not sleeping well, but the same could be said without Cymbalta.  Anxiety is reduced (most of the time), and I am starting to be that nice person I used to be.

I have 4 diagnosis that say I have refractory major depression, and 3 that say I am bi polar 2.  I have to make a choice soon to try adding a mood stabilizer (means changing pdocs) or sticking w/ the current pdoc, that thinks I am treatment resistant uni-polar depression.  If I go with the new pdoc (bi polar), I will be adding Triliptal.

The confusing part is that I never have full-blown manic symptoms.  Not responding to antidepressants well is the theory that I may have some form of bi-polar illness.  Nothing is easy and I can't even get sick right :;):

On another positive note, I stopped tobacco 1 week ago.  Using the gum.  Having quit at least 20 times before, w/ the Cymbalta it 50% easier.  I feel the Cymbalta is giving me a fighting chance.  Either that, of the depression relief is making it more manageable.

All take care

#38 VelvetElvis

VelvetElvis

• PipPip
  • 50 posts

Posted 01 October 2004 - 11:38 AM

There's a mild stimulant effect and some nausea for the first few days.  I'm taking it in conjunciton with dexidrine, so I can't really tell exactly how stimulating it is.  It does take the edge off the dexidrine though.

-Robert Browning

#39 Remission

Remission

• PipPipPip
  • 185 posts

Posted 02 October 2004 - 01:31 PM

Not doing so hot today.  Major step backwards.  The magic of starting and/or upping the dose has caught up with me.  Hopefully this is only a minor hiccup.  Today is definitely worse than while I was on no meds prior.  

Anxiety is high, mood very low, and feel wiped out.  Appetite is back (bad thing).  

Cymbalta for me has been like the weather; you don't know what is in store in a few more hours.

#40 max

max

ID: 645

• Pip
  • 29 posts

Posted 29 September 2004 - 02:55 PM

Hello everyone,

I put off starting Cymbalta until last Saturday, then took about 1/3 of a 30 mg capsule in the morning.  It made me spacey and upset my stomach.  I had to deal with hurricane Jeanne on Sunday, and haven't taken any more.  I think this weekend I'll try taking it at night and see if I can sleep through the side effects.  

Max

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users