Advertisement
  • No one should be alone in this. We can help.
If you - or someone you know - are having thoughts about suicide, call 1-800-273-TALK (8255). Calls are connected to a certified crisis center nearest the caller's location. Services are available 24 hours a day, seven days a week.                                                                            If you - or someone you know - are having thoughts about suicide, call 1-800-273-TALK (8255). Calls are connected to a certified crisis center nearest the caller's location. Services are available 24 hours a day, seven days a week.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Photo

Prozac And Klonopin

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 number1usjoe

number1usjoe

• Pip
  • 25 posts

Posted 05 October 2007 - 05:19 PM

It was suggested that I could use klonopin as a sleep aid.

I have a hard time sleeping with out a sleep aid and the tylenol pm and ambien cr that I take now seem to take 3 hrs to kick in.

My doc suggested klonopin or lorazapam. I told him I was worried about the addiction reputation of benzos.

I seemed to have talked him out of it but now I will see him again next week and wonder if its not such a bad idea?

I took klonopin in past and I felt very much improved.

I just worry about addiction.

Does anyone here take this combo and have they had any out of character behaviours.

I think klonopin makes me a jerk. I worry about getting into fights and road rages.

#2 ntg26

ntg26

Just Registered

• Just Registered
  • 2 posts

Posted 07 October 2007 - 07:47 AM

I take this combo and I find that it takes away all the anxiety that the prozac initially gave me. I take it together with my 20 mg. of prozac in the morning. I take one .5 tablet but plan to taper off to half a pill next week. I don't like to take too many meds. When I first started the 20 mg. i only took .25 of the klonopin and it did nothing. The day I increased to .5 I felt like a different person. I've been on the 20 mgs. for about 4 weeks now. Much more motivated and less nervous. Hopefully this will continue. Good Luck!

I have a hard time sleeping with out a sleep aid and the tylenol pm and ambien cr that I take now seem to take 3 hrs to kick in.

My doc suggested klonopin or lorazapam. I told him I was worried about the addiction reputation of benzos.

I seemed to have talked him out of it but now I will see him again next week and wonder if its not such a bad idea?

Does anyone here take this combo and have they had any out of character behaviours.

I think klonopin makes me a jerk. I worry about getting into fights and road rages.

#3 Sheepwoman

Sheepwoman

Administrative Mod/Coordinator

• Admin Team- Mod/Administrator
  • 27,850 posts

Posted 07 October 2007 - 10:20 AM

I took 20mg of Prozac in the morning and then 200mg of trazodone at night for sleep. The combo worked well for many years. I have horrible sleep problems. I took Klonopin for a medical condition. Can't remember the dose. The only bad reaction I had was it made me sleep 22 hours a day. In small regulated doses, Klonopin shouldn't have a large addictive quality, but I'm not a professional and can't tell you if this is true or not. It's when it becomes less effective and you need larger doses for it to work. That's an issue for you to take up with your pdoc. I'm currently taking 15mg of Restoril for sleep and can go up to 30mg on those occasional bad nights. I've been on it for several years now, but don't take it as often as I should. The best thing to do is ask a lot of questions of your pdoc regarding benzo's and the possibility of addiction.
Sheepwoman :hearts:
It is not the life I lived; but the life I leave behind. Posted Image
Sheepwoman

God will give you no more than you can handle. This is all a test to see if you are really ready for the good things that are going to come your way. All this pain is going to come back and make me stronger.-Clarence Clemmons 1942-2011

Everything I know, I know because I love. Leo Tolstoy War and Peace

#4 Kelandris

Kelandris

• Pip
  • 37 posts

Posted 06 November 2007 - 01:30 AM

I took 20mg of Prozac in the morning and then 200mg of trazodone at night for sleep. The combo worked well for many years. I have horrible sleep problems. I took Klonopin for a medical condition. Can't remember the dose. The only bad reaction I had was it made me sleep 22 hours a day. In small regulated doses, Klonopin shouldn't have a large addictive quality, but I'm not a professional and can't tell you if this is true or not. It's when it becomes less effective and you need larger doses for it to work. That's an issue for you to take up with your pdoc. I'm currently taking 15mg of Restoril for sleep and can go up to 30mg on those occasional bad nights. I've been on it for several years now, but don't take it as often as I should. The best thing to do is ask a lot of questions of your pdoc regarding benzo's and the possibility of addiction.
Sheepwoman :hearts:

I'm taking 10 mg of fluoxetine in the am and 100 of trazodone in the pm. I have clonozepam for emergencies (if I'm feeling like I will have a panic attack.) My GP doesn't like to give them freely because they are addictive, but I only take them once in a while.
-Kelandris of Suxonli
An inspiring character from the exeptional fantasy novel Contrarywise
by Zorah Greenhalgh

#5 eterea

eterea

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 419 posts

Posted 23 November 2007 - 05:35 PM

My brother severe sleep (insomnia) problems and he takes Trazedone. He cannot take benzo's due to his addiction history.

I've taken Niravam, in the past, and now I take Klonopin (for Panic Disorder). I've not had any unpleasant reactions to either med nor have I had "cravings" or the desire to abuse either med. I am fortunate in that sense and I know that many others have the concerns that you have expressed here.

I echo Sheepwoman's recommendation to thoroughly discuss these issues with your doctor to come up with what is best for you. I can say that Trazedone has worked very well for my brother and he's prone to massive insomnia due to manic Bipolar Disorder mood swings.

Take care and keep us posted.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#6 Niko

Niko

Just Registered

• Just Registered
  • 3 posts

Posted 29 November 2007 - 09:08 PM

My doctor prescribed me 20mg Prozac and .5 klonopin. I just started taking it today. I'll let ya know how I feel in the next few weeks :)

#7 Ronnie

Ronnie

• Silver Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 956 posts

Posted 30 November 2007 - 08:28 AM

Hello,

I take Lexapro and Klonopin 0.5mg every night for sleep. It works perfect when I take it about an hour before bed, puts me in a nice relaxing sleep mode and I have no ill effects in the morning, I actually wake up feeling great compared to when I took trazadone for sleep. 0.5mg once a day for sleep is a very low dose and I don't worry about the addicting qualities at that dosage. Some people take up to 2-4mg a day or more. Good Luck.
Nothing real can be threatened.
Nothing unreal exists.
Herein lies the peace of God.
~A Course in Miracles

#8 eeyore79

eeyore79

• PipPip
  • 131 posts

Posted 04 December 2007 - 04:56 PM

Lol, yes!

I take one tablet of prozac 20mg *only started 3 weeks ago so this many increase* with 1mg lorazepam.

At night i take 2mg Lorazepam, 15mg Nitrazepam, 30mg lanzoprizol and Laxoberal to help with (ahem) private Water Cooler needs :bump:

I need the lorazepma during the day because of panic attacks and the 2mg at night help my mind sto slow down as it just wont stop racing. It takes a while for the nitrazepam to kick in, but its the only sleeping tablet to have had any effect on me...

Maybe one day folks, we wont rattle....... :shocked: :hearts:

#9 number1usjoe

number1usjoe

• Pip
  • 25 posts

Posted 13 December 2007 - 05:44 PM

Lol, yes!

I take one tablet of prozac 20mg *only started 3 weeks ago so this many increase* with 1mg lorazepam.

At night i take 2mg Lorazepam, 15mg Nitrazepam, 30mg lanzoprizol and Laxoberal to help with (ahem) private Water Cooler needs :bump:

I need the lorazepma during the day because of panic attacks and the 2mg at night help my mind sto slow down as it just wont stop racing. It takes a while for the nitrazepam to kick in, but its the only sleeping tablet to have had any effect on me...

Maybe one day folks, we wont rattle....... :shocked: :hearts:

I have been taking prozac and clonopin or about a month I started at 1/2 mg no effect then 1mg some minor effect then a few times I took 2 or 3 mg of the clonopin and it seems to not have the original effect I had when I took for like 3 weeks a year ago.

I wonder if I have some generic pill and its just not the same.

I will see doc soon and try to get off prozac and clonopin I want results.

#10 Vega

Vega

• Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 14 December 2007 - 07:48 PM

I take 40mg of Fluxoetine and .5mg of clonazepam. I was sleeping well for a first few months but the last few weeks I have had a lot of trouble sleeping and I think it is a result of the medication.

#11 DeFiction

DeFiction

• Pip
  • 18 posts

Posted 23 February 2008 - 05:26 AM

I started my medication yesterday. I'm taking 10mg Prozac a day along with .5mg Klonopin a day. Too early to tell what's going on yet but hopefully soon.

#12 rapunzel

rapunzel

Advanced Member

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 291 posts

Posted 23 February 2008 - 10:44 AM

I´m taking 20mg prozac in the morning and 25mg seroquel (antipsychotic) for sleep in the night. I was feeling too tired all the time, and pdoc suggested that I´m not getting good night sleep, that´s why. I´ve been taking seroquel for 3 nights, so early to tell, but it does give me better sleep. it´s also against bipolar depression.

hugs,
soleil

#13 entranced

entranced

• Pip
  • 29 posts

Posted 02 March 2008 - 10:10 PM

I take 40mg fluoxetine in the morning, and .5mg klonopin 3 times/day. I also take 200mg of gabapentin twice daily.....meh...

so far i've notice clonazepam is the best thing i've ever taken for anxiety, and i'm sleeping better than I have in years. I've also noticed that I have to keep my aggression in check while i'm on it. It must have changed my personality because people keep asking me "whats wrong." Although to be fair I always got that.....

Anyways, i've only been on this combo for a bit over a week and so far i like it.

#14 stealyourface722

stealyourface722

• PipPip
  • 77 posts

Posted 30 March 2008 - 09:31 PM

klonopin isnt addictive unless ur a drug addict lookin for some eurphoria

#15 KarenRB53

KarenRB53

• PipPip
  • 65 posts

Posted 05 December 2008 - 10:58 AM

I´m taking 20mg prozac in the morning and 25mg seroquel (antipsychotic) for sleep in the night. I was feeling too tired all the time, and pdoc suggested that I´m not getting good night sleep, that´s why. I´ve been taking seroquel for 3 nights, so early to tell, but it does give me better sleep. it´s also against bipolar depression.

hugs,
soleil

Are you still taking the prozac and seroquel? My pdoc wants me to start Seroquel for mood stabilizer. I also have Bipolar2 so depression is pretty bad.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users