7 Ways to Make Yourself Happier in the Next Hour

You can make yourself happier

You might also be interested in:

Posted

I LOVE THIS, LINDSAY!!

:hearts:I'm going to refer to it often.

I love how simple and manageable the suggestions are! :bump:

Posted

Some excellent ideas here :hearts: especially number 2. I know when you feel depressed sometimes the last thing you feel like doing is to make the effort to meet a friend.

I was a bit like that today. I offered to meet somebody that I had only met once before and her sister[ whom I had never met ] for coffee. They had come from London to my town for the day so I met up with them and showed them around too. I made myself go but I really enjoyed it!!!

I do have to push myself at times.

love Daisychain.

Posted

I meant to start doing a lot of those things today, at least all but part of number 7...I haven't SMILED since 1986.

Posted

I know how much #7 is true...at my job I have to be friendly and approachable, making me have to force a lot of smiles...and usually I feel at least a little better after a few hours of this.

Handon Frypan likes this

Posted

I'm printing this one and keeping it nearby

I need some simple strategies to help me feel like I can do this!

Posted

Thanks,love this esp no.4 as I know that by doing this really helps me.

Will be printing this out. :hearts:

Posted

Some good suggestions there. I often go for a short jogs because it makes me feel better. I also like sticking close to friends because really they're pretty much the only thing that keeps me happy.

Posted

I found that I do pace often, when I am desperate for something to help me.... I can't force a smile on my face though... it might as well hurt.

Posted

the "acting happy" thing definitely worked for me...it's tough sometimes to force myself to do it though. and i still feel alone but it helps! haha..so doe s reaching out to a friend

Posted

Thanks for this , I have made a copy for frequent reading , and smile practising !!

Posted

And when none of this does a D*** thing?

Posted

I just came across this post right now, but I just done a few of those things and feel pretty good at the moment.

Thanks Lindsay, I think its a super post!!!

HUGS

Isabeau :hearts:

Posted (edited)

numbers six on seven on that list are great and are quite easy ti achieve on this site. i'd urge everyone to look through the forums and find someone that they can offer support or advice to. it will hopefully make the recipient feel better and helping someone (even someone you don't know) can lift your spirit.

Great list Lindsay

Edited by bluefinger

Posted

numbers six on seven on that list are great and are quite easy ti achieve on this site. i'd urge everyone to look through the forums and find someone that they can offer support or advice to. it will hopefully make the recipient feel better and helping someone (even someone you don't know) can lift your spirit.

Great list Lindsay

Thank you blue :hearts:

Posted (edited)

Awesome stuff! I think I've gone after these goals at one time or another to try to alleviate some of my depression, but I've never seen them all nicely listed and briefly explained before ... it's so nice to have a little structure in what seems like such a chaotic time in my life, and to have all of these helpful hints available in one reference is really astounding ... this could be the stuff that guides me through a much less painful winter ... putting some positive spin on that, it could actually leave me feeling content and joyful. Good stuff!

Thanks for sharing it with us!

P.S. I printed it out! I never print anything out! :D

Edited by Mirthless

Posted

I just found this topic, I like it a lot and all of those things are so true! Before I came into school I did all of those except 4 and I feel really great. Especially the walking helps me, and setting up lunch dates w/ friends(which is this Thurs =)

Posted

Thanks Lindsay,

As soon as I read this, I went out with a bag and pulled out a whole heap of weeds, felt better until I saw how many there were!!!!!!!!

Well, It will give more more to do

Have a beautiful day

Posted

I love 1-6 but 7 irks me a bit.

I spent years pretending to be happier than I am to keep up appearances. When days came by when I couldn't be happy bubbly me everyone would ask what's wrong and some people even said they missed happy me. Nothing makes you feel worse than to think that people prefer the fake you to the real you.

#6 is my favorite. I always feel better after making a stranger at the drive through smile or letting someone out in a difficult to cross intersection. The little things make more of an effect on my day than anything else.

Just my $0.02

Posted

Yes I like these type of tasks - simple and straightforward and a challenge to apply in one hour - Great Stuff

Jim Bow

Posted

This is helpful for me except number 6. I don't know how to do a good deed without screwing it up (I have been trying and found out that I upset 5 people in only 3 months and can't seem to fix it). I know that most of those will greately help me though. Thanks for this! I will refer to it often!

Posted

Well I have printed this out and applied it for the last 2 weeks with great effect.

Jim Bow

Posted

Might try some.

Posted

This is a great thread! Very upbeat. I hope I can find my way back here. I saw a place where you can "watch" certain forums here. Anyway, today I'm going to go see a movie with a friend. I always enjoy seeing her and it will be great to get out of the house. Very good suggestions. Thanks! I'm new here, and I have found that when we connected to a group of people that are wanting to move towards a healthier lifestyle, it's motivating. It's like we have been shipwrecked and we are all helping each other survive and get to safety.

gentle sun likes this

Posted (edited)

This is a great thread! Very upbeat. I hope I can find my way back here. I saw a place where you can "watch" certain forums here. Anyway, today I'm going to go see a movie with a friend. I always enjoy seeing her and it will be great to get out of the house. Very good suggestions. Thanks! I'm new here, and I have found that when we connected to a group of people that are wanting to move towards a healthier lifestyle, it's motivating. It's like we have been shipwrecked and we are all helping each other survive and get to safety.

Welcome to DF Hopeflulx. I agree. Its a great thread. They have many here. I'm glad to you are going out to see a movie with a friend. Have fun.

Lindahurt

Edited by lindahurt