Advertisement
  • No one should be alone in this. We can help.
If you - or someone you know - are having thoughts about suicide, call 1-800-273-TALK (8255). Calls are connected to a certified crisis center nearest the caller's location. Services are available 24 hours a day, seven days a week.                                                                            If you - or someone you know - are having thoughts about suicide, call 1-800-273-TALK (8255). Calls are connected to a certified crisis center nearest the caller's location. Services are available 24 hours a day, seven days a week.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Photo

Vitamins An Minerals

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 s1lm

s1lm

• Banned
  • Pip
  • 19 posts

Posted 04 July 2007 - 01:55 PM

I've been taking multivitamins and multiminerals including trace minerals and ginseng, with a separate pill with all of the b-vitamins as well, along with omega-3. I've been taking all of these (four pills a day in total including my mirtazapine AD at night) for some time, all together I feel a lot better. Does anyone else take these or anything similar? Is it helping your mood or anxiety? I recently read about this on a website which said that a vitamin and mineral deficiency can cause or worsen depression. I am hoping to be able to stop taking mirtazapine and carry on with the others. My depression isn't totally gone yet, but when it does (which it looks like it's going that way) I'll stop the mirtazapine and see how I feel.

#2 cloakanddagger

cloakanddagger

• Pip
  • 21 posts

Posted 06 July 2007 - 09:22 PM

I've been taking multivitamins and multiminerals including trace minerals and ginseng, with a separate pill with all of the b-vitamins as well, along with omega-3. I've been taking all of these (four pills a day in total including my mirtazapine AD at night) for some time, all together I feel a lot better. Does anyone else take these or anything similar? Is it helping your mood or anxiety? I recently read about this on a website which said that a vitamin and mineral deficiency can cause or worsen depression. I am hoping to be able to stop taking mirtazapine and carry on with the others. My depression isn't totally gone yet, but when it does (which it looks like it's going that way) I'll stop the mirtazapine and see how I feel.

I love my vitamins! I have a poor diet, so I have to supplement it with good substances. Does help my overall feeling and definitely gives me energy. Here's what I take every day:

1 Centrum Performance Multivitamin (higher levels of B-vitamins; ginseng & gingko)

1 GNC Double Strength Fish Body Oil Per Meal (some days 2, some days 3) - these are a godsend for lowering blood pressure and cholesterol. I've heard of mood stabilizing capabilities but I can't honestly confirm that.

1 Ten milligram Lycopene

1 Six milligram Lutein

Some days, I'll take a 500mg Vitamin C (plus the fish oil) after my last meal if I need it. Less frequently, I'll add a 400 I.U. Vitamin E to that.

#3 liveweyerd

liveweyerd

• PipPipPip
  • 200 posts

Posted 07 July 2007 - 11:26 PM

I just started taking a multi-vitamin two days ago. I was always afraid of them, because many use the b vitamins as a stimulant and I have anxiety and am super sensitive to any stimulant. Can't drink caffeine. But, yes, they did help my energy.

Now...I want to check out that fish oil!
Each small candle lights a corner of the dark.....Roger Waters

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Bing (1)