Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
KingOfTheThing

Lithium For Depression

10 posts in this topic

Posted

Hey everyone, I'm on Lithium for depression because I've tried several other antidepressants that haven't worked at all, and I am now at what I believe is to be considered the therapeutic dose of 1200mg. I was just wondering when I can expect to start feeling it's effects, if anyone else here has tried it? Thanks ahead of time.

You might also be interested in:

Posted

1200mg is not so much the therapeutic dose for Lithium. It's the amount you need to take to reach the therapeutic level in your blood.

Lithium is used as a stabilizer and has very good results with depression. How long have you been taking Lithium? It took a couple of weeks to begin working for me after the therapeutic blood level was reached. It continued working well for 15 years. Hopefully, Lithium will give you the relief you need from your depression.

Sheepwoman :hearts:

Posted

Thanks, I've been on Lithium since the middle of march so it's been awhile and I'm a little disappointed that I haven't gotten any relief yet after 2 months, considering that I've heard lithium is supposed to act a lot faster than antidepressants and other sorts of meds. I just started 1200mg about a week ago and am supposed to get my blood level checked this week to see if i'm at the the therapeutic blood range. I guess I'll just hafta wait and see. By the way, were you on it for depression or bipolar, if you don't mind me asking?

Posted

King:

I, too, take Lithium (600 mgs), as well as 5 other meds. For me, the Lithium has worked wonders. I noticed the difference within 2 months.

Yeah, regular blood tests go hand-in-hand with Lithium. It's a bummer, but the tests need to be done.

:hearts:

-Bean

Posted

I have just been put on Lithium 400mg, to work alongside my regular anti d Duloxetine. I am hoping that it will start to boost thei anti depressants effects very soon as I have been taking Duloxetine for 18 months now and have done very well but am currently in the worst bout of depression I have ever had.

Posted

Hey there I started 400mg lithium a few days ago for depression as most of the AD's I have tried havent really worked that well! I will update you when if it starts to wrk!!

Posted

Hey everyone, I'm on Lithium for depression because I've tried several other antidepressants that haven't worked at all, and I am now at what I believe is to be considered the therapeutic dose of 1200mg. I was just wondering when I can expect to start feeling it's effects, if anyone else here has tried it? Thanks ahead of time.

Hello, I'm Michael,

I have dysthymia and a couple of bipolar signs. I am taking Wellbutrin 300mg, Zoloft 200mg, and I just started lithium yesterday. I'm still down, does anyone know how long it takes to kick it??

Thanks in advance

Posted

Hello, I'm Michael,

I have dysthymia and a couple of bipolar signs. I am taking Wellbutrin 300mg, Zoloft 200mg, and I just started lithium yesterday. I'm still down, does anyone know how long it takes to kick it??

Thanks in advance

Posted

Thanks, I've been on Lithium since the middle of march so it's been awhile and I'm a little disappointed that I haven't gotten any relief yet after 2 months, considering that I've heard lithium is supposed to act a lot faster than antidepressants and other sorts of meds. I just started 1200mg about a week ago and am supposed to get my blood level checked this week to see if i'm at the the therapeutic blood range. I guess I'll just hafta wait and see. By the way, were you on it for depression or bipolar, if you don't mind me asking?

Hello again,

I'm on it for depression and if I have to wait two months for it to kick in then I'm in trouble.

Michael

Posted

Hey there I started 400mg lithium a few days ago for depression as most of the AD's I have tried havent really worked that well! I will update you when if it starts to wrk!!

Hello,

How is the lithium working for you, and how long did it take to kick in??

Michael