Advertisement
  • No one should be alone in this. We can help.
If you - or someone you know - are having thoughts about suicide, call 1-800-273-TALK (8255). Calls are connected to a certified crisis center nearest the caller's location. Services are available 24 hours a day, seven days a week.                                                                            If you - or someone you know - are having thoughts about suicide, call 1-800-273-TALK (8255). Calls are connected to a certified crisis center nearest the caller's location. Services are available 24 hours a day, seven days a week.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Photo

I'm Having What I Believe To Be "vivid Dreams" -- Someone Define That. Lol

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#1 amyjamie

amyjamie

• Pip
  • 26 posts

Posted 28 May 2007 - 09:45 AM

Ever since I started Zoloft months ago, I have what I believe to be vivid dreams. People talk about having vivid dreams while on Zoloft, but no one ever explains it. I'm having dreams where when I wake up, I think they actually happened. It's never anything weird or out there, it's just like random every day things. For example, in my dream, my fiance will have mowed the lawn. Then I get up in the morning and wonder what happened. LOL Or I'll tell a friend something in my dream, and then from then on out, I think I actually told them but I didn't. Does that make sense? Anyone else have this same issue? I feel so weird about it, it takes me a while to separate dreams from reality.

#2 Sheepwoman

Sheepwoman

Administrative Mod/Coordinator

• Admin Team- Mod/Administrator
  • 27,873 posts

Posted 28 May 2007 - 12:30 PM

I never used to dream before I started taking Zoloft 2 years ago. Actually, I find it a pleasant experience. What I call "reality" dreams are much like yours and I wake a bit confused by them. If a dream actually comes true, it's like deja vu and also leaves you wondering what happened as the dream tends to be forgotten.
Sheepwoman :hearts:
It is not the life I lived; but the life I leave behind. Posted Image
Sheepwoman

God will give you no more than you can handle. This is all a test to see if you are really ready for the good things that are going to come your way. All this pain is going to come back and make me stronger.-Clarence Clemmons 1942-2011

Everything I know, I know because I love. Leo Tolstoy War and Peace

#3 Sangria

Sangria

• Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 28 May 2007 - 12:30 PM

Hi Amyjamie!

Starting on Sertraline today, so I will let you know if I have any strange dreams!!

#4 DeeBear

DeeBear

• Platinum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,012 posts

Posted 28 May 2007 - 10:56 PM

I've had vivid dreams - I often wonder if something was a dream or was it real? It doesn't really bother me, just an interesting side effect. Most of the time, it's just trivial things I dream about.
I'm not a complete *****. Some parts are missing.
Please don't drive me crazy. I can walk from here.
If life is a joke, then I don't get it.
I'm just mentally ill. It's the rest of the world that's crazy.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#5 rattman

rattman

Advanced Member

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 293 posts

Posted 28 May 2007 - 11:45 PM

That's one of the big PERKS to me -- are the vivid dreams I had on Zoloft when I took it for 10+- years. When I first started it I'd have horrible nightmares but they eventually went away and I had good dreams.

I started Wellbutrin over 3 months ago and was having nightmares on Wellbutrin -- and what I'd call 'Reality Dreams' where in the dreams I would try to work thru issues going on in my life now and in the past. It was almost like nightly therapy -- some times disturbing but overall I felt like it helped to get all the thoughts and issues I never even knew I had -- out thru my dreams.

Now that I'm on Zoloft in addition to Wellbutrin, my dreams have mellowed a lot -- but definitely still dream more than without the AD's.

FUN FUN FUN!!!!!!!!! :hearts:

#6 dondi2538

dondi2538

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 677 posts

Posted 29 May 2007 - 02:24 PM

I have had a few vivid dreams since starting the zoloft. One of them was so upsetting though, that it had me feeling down for days. I noticed I am having a lot more dreams focusing on me not dealing with my issues. I go to this website that has a dream dictionary and when I look up the things I dreamed about, it always means the same thing. I am avoiding dealing with the issues I have, and a lot of it has to do with with my childhood.

#7 DeeBear

DeeBear

• Platinum Member
  • 3,012 posts

Posted 29 May 2007 - 10:11 PM

I've been having dreams lately, and this has happened before when I was feeling good - in the dreams I see some ordinary thing go wrong and I just blow up. Later, when the event occurs, I have that deja vu, and respond differently. I think it's my mind's way of dealing with anger instead of holding it in.

But yes, the dreams are very vivid, and when I started on Zoloft I had a few bad ones that had me down for a while, but that went away.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#8 rattman

rattman

Advanced Member

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 293 posts

Posted 29 May 2007 - 10:24 PM

The dreams I have on meds are definitely better than the ones I had without meds. I used to some times dream that I'd meet the love of my life, my soul mate, and that we'd be together the rest of our lives -- and then when I woke up I was alone again and had the overwhelming feeling that I'd been in love with this person for years and then woke up to the reality that am still single -- now THAT was depressing!

#9 huntergreen85

huntergreen85

• Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 15 June 2007 - 05:15 PM

The first two nights after starting sertraline or Zoloft, I had the most vivid realistic dreams, then they started to settle down. Now Im about 3 weeks in of sertraline and my dreams are pretty much back to normal.

#10 DeeBear

DeeBear

• Platinum Member
  • 3,012 posts

Posted 16 June 2007 - 04:03 PM

I still have them from time to time, been on Z for about six months now. Mine aren't frightening or anything, just wierd, but very clear. I still have them about once a month now, but I've always had wierd dreams.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#11 Beanchop99

Beanchop99

Platinum Member

• Platinum Member
  • 4,214 posts

Posted 16 June 2007 - 05:21 PM

My dreams are vivid, almost realistic, weird, and angry. I mean angry!!! Not violent, but just angry. I awake feeling p***ed off. Anyone else suffer from this? Could this just be anger that I suppress during the day coming to surface in my self-conscience?

-Bean
Truth. Beauty. Freedom. Love.
Posted Image

Suicide Hotlines

#12 DeeBear

DeeBear

• Platinum Member
  • 3,012 posts

Posted 16 June 2007 - 08:33 PM

I had dreams like that even when I wasn't on meds - I would often dream of situations where I would totally overreact and blow up on anyone and everyone when something went wrong. Sometimes I found myself in the same situations I dreamed about within the next few days, which was really wierd, but remembering the dream helped me stay calm. I think, like you suggested bean, that my anger was coming out in my dreams which helped me cope during the day.

Take care,
Dewayne

Edited by DeeBear, 16 June 2007 - 08:33 PM.

Posted ImagePosted Image

#13 Daegnus

Daegnus

• Pip
  • 26 posts

Posted 06 January 2008 - 12:28 AM

Anyone able to control their dreams? I'm not on any meds, but occasionally I have lucid dreams in addition to vivid dreams. (Very rarely....I seldom remember the dreams I have)

#14 DeeBear

DeeBear

• Platinum Member
  • 3,012 posts

Posted 06 January 2008 - 09:26 PM

I have had lucid dreams, but only rarely. Since going on zoloft, when I do remember my dreams,they are very clear, but I can't control them.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#15 JerseyRob

JerseyRob

• Pip
  • 17 posts

Posted 10 January 2008 - 03:01 PM

Ever since I can remember I have always had very vivid, and lucid dreams. It's not all the time that I can control them, but it happens very often. Almost every night I would remember my dreams vividly. I kind of enjoy it. Who needs movies when I have them in my head every night.

Since starting zoloft, I have only had one occasion where I had a licid dream, and I only have vivid dreams a couple times a week. It might be due to my head not having 10,000 thoughts in it every second of the day.

#16 Joanna

Joanna

• 7,272 posts

Posted 10 January 2008 - 03:06 PM

Ever since I can remember I have always had very vivid, and lucid dreams. It's not all the time that I can control them, but it happens very often. Almost every night I would remember my dreams vividly. I kind of enjoy it. Who needs movies when I have them in my head every night.

Since starting zoloft, I have only had one occasion where I had a licid dream, and I only have vivid dreams a couple times a week. It might be due to my head not having 10,000 thoughts in it every second of the day.

Hi JerseyRob,

That's interesting you are dreaming much less on Zoloft, having been such a vivid dreamer prior to starting this med. As you say, it could well have something to do with the fact that things have quietened down a bit in terms of your racing thoughts. That's really good to hear! Though hopefully you will continue to dream since it sounds like this is something you enjoy!

Wishing you the very best.

Take care.

Joanna
Posted ImagePosted Image Joanna

#17 gentle sun

gentle sun

• Platinum Member
  • 4,476 posts

Posted 10 January 2008 - 08:38 PM

I remember when I was depressed, I would take long naps. The naps and nightime sleep would bring the most amazing, vivid dreams!!! I had my most pleasure during those times. I slept a lot so at least when I was dreaming, I wasnt depressed, lol.

Gentle Sun

goldenvelope1jr.gifbronzestar.jpg
"What do I need to do right now to take good care of myself?" :flowers:

#18 leptonhead

leptonhead

• Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 27 January 2008 - 02:10 PM

I have never experienced overly vivid dreams because of SSRIs. It did happen due to melatonin some day, sometimes I just have them with no meds related. First couple of days on Zoloft I have no dreams at all :hearts: my sleep is shallower than normal and i'm rather feeling stimulated overall

#19 Scelestus Femina

Scelestus Femina

• Pip
  • 28 posts

Posted 18 December 2008 - 03:50 PM

I started Zoloft 3 weeks ago.
Before Zoloft, I rarely remebered my dreams.
Since starting Zoloft I have had several very realistic vivid dreams, all about people or situations that I am very anxious about.
MaryJaneGirl

"Don't settle for the one you can live with, wait for the one you can't live without"

#20 happy days 08

happy days 08

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 531 posts

Posted 22 December 2008 - 12:27 AM

I started Zoloft 3 weeks ago.
Before Zoloft, I rarely remebered my dreams.
Since starting Zoloft I have had several very realistic vivid dreams, all about people or situations that I am very anxious about.

As have I. I was supposed to hear from my pdoc that night, but I didn't. Then I drempt that he would never call at all, and I would be screwed. The next morning he called, but I missed his call!!! I absolutely FLIPPED!!!! Good thing he called back five minutes later.
Hard as it may be sometimes, have faith! Happy Days 08

#21 Maimie

Maimie

Just Registered

• Just Registered
  • 2 posts

Posted 07 April 2010 - 03:38 PM

Ever since I started Zoloft months ago, I have what I believe to be vivid dreams. People talk about having vivid dreams while on Zoloft, but no one ever explains it. I'm having dreams where when I wake up, I think they actually happened. It's never anything weird or out there, it's just like random every day things. For example, in my dream, my fiance will have mowed the lawn. Then I get up in the morning and wonder what happened. LOL Or I'll tell a friend something in my dream, and then from then on out, I think I actually told them but I didn't. Does that make sense? Anyone else have this same issue? I feel so weird about it, it takes me a while to separate dreams from reality.

#22 Maimie

Maimie

Just Registered

• Just Registered
  • 2 posts

Posted 07 April 2010 - 03:39 PM

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users