Advertisement
  • No one should be alone in this. We can help.
If you - or someone you know - are having thoughts about suicide, call 1-800-273-TALK (8255). Calls are connected to a certified crisis center nearest the caller's location. Services are available 24 hours a day, seven days a week.                                                                            If you - or someone you know - are having thoughts about suicide, call 1-800-273-TALK (8255). Calls are connected to a certified crisis center nearest the caller's location. Services are available 24 hours a day, seven days a week.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement

Remeron V Trazodone

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_Armani_*

Guest_Armani_*
  • Guests

Posted 18 April 2007 - 08:42 AM

Anyone had experience on both of these?Which one do you find better for sleep.My Pdoc says my only other alternatives are Seroquel or Trazodone.I chose Seroquel,but now wish I chose Trazodone.I am also thinking of Remeron + Traz for more drowsy effect.I just can't seem to get tired at all.Even 5mg Ativan doesn't do a lot anymore :hearts:

Edited by Armani, 18 April 2007 - 08:45 AM.

#2 Autumn

Autumn

• Gold Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,243 posts

Posted 18 April 2007 - 12:34 PM

Armani,

Sorry the insomnia keeps on causing you so much trouble...
I don't have any experience with Trazodone myself. But there are a few threads on it in the "other depression and anxiety meds" room. Hope this helps you out!

Take care,
Autumn

#3 Guest_Armani_*

Guest_Armani_*
  • Guests

Posted 19 April 2007 - 05:25 AM

Autumn,

Thanks for your concern,

Actually I found some Trazodone which I had left over from a year ago and took a low dose(100mg) with 15mg Remeron
and had one of the best nights sleep in quite a while.
The 100mg of Seroquel the Doc prescribed did work on it's own too(even though I'm scared to death of taking it)but the Doc reasures me that that I won't get Tardive Diskensia.The problem I find is that on their own they don't work effectively over a long period.So i'm going to ask my Doc if I can have a low dose of all 3 which should do the trick.

#4 Autumn

Autumn

• Gold Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,243 posts

Posted 19 April 2007 - 09:48 AM

Armani,

Glad you had a good night!
I don't think a low dose of a neuroleptic comes with an awful lot of risk, but I can understand your worries. Reading those leaflets can be freaky sometimes.
Let me know what your doc decides on the combo of meds.

Take care of yourself!

Autumn

#5 katrinasurvivor

katrinasurvivor

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 653 posts

Posted 19 April 2007 - 04:50 PM

Remeron has helped my insomnia as well as my cousin's. Still have an occasional bad night, but it's not too bad. I like Remeron because it seems to have fewer side effects (especially for me). It made me really groggy in the morning when I first started taking it, but that wore off after a couple of weeks. I hope you find something that works for you.

#6 Autumn

Autumn

• Gold Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,243 posts

Posted 01 May 2007 - 03:14 AM

Armani,

How are you doing?

:hearts:

#7 Guest_Armani_*

Guest_Armani_*
  • Guests

Posted 01 May 2007 - 07:33 AM

Well,I think I'm quite happy taking Remeron and Trazodone at the moment.I have to ask my Doc on my next appointment
if I can add the Seroquel if I need too as well.
How are you doing,did you start Seroquel?I don't really find it anymore sedating than Remeron,and I have read that it also loses effectiveness as well,ans still worried about the side effects.
My Psychiatrist has changed my diagnosis I think.Apparently,now,he has me down as a Hypocondriac lol.He could be right

Edited by Armani, 01 May 2007 - 07:37 AM.

#8 Autumn

Autumn

• Gold Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,243 posts

Posted 01 May 2007 - 12:17 PM

Armani,

Glad to hear you're doing more or less okay...
No, I didn't start on the Seroquel. Still have the prescription though, just in case.... Actually I've been so exhausted, because of everything that's been going on these past few months, that I'm just too tired and started sleeping through the night. I still have bad nights but well...

Take care of yourself and let me know how your appointment with your pdoc goes...

See ya,
Autumn

Edited by Autumn, 01 May 2007 - 12:19 PM.

#9 maintainin

maintainin

Silver Member

• Silver Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 926 posts

Posted 01 May 2007 - 02:01 PM

I've been taking 50mg trazodone at night to help me sleep since I've been on lexapro. It works pretty good. Still takes me a little while to get to sleep sometimes, but when I sleep its very well. I've been thinking of going up to 75 or 100 to see if that helps with the sleep onset.

If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you!

Brian

#10 tomac00

tomac00

• PipPip
  • 72 posts

Posted 04 May 2007 - 11:51 AM

I too am taking Remeron (30mg) and Trazodone ( 50-100 mgs as needed) at bedtime.

Depending on my stressors I up the Traz but normally take 50mg. It's been a pretty good combo for sleep; not sure how effective it wil remain in the long run for the depression. But I feel like C#$% ( and more depressed) if I don't sleep so it works for me. Also helps w/ my anxiety.

Sometimes a bit foggy in the am if I forget to take it early enough (usually take the combo about 9:30pm and go to bed about 11-11:30pm. No problem dropping off to sleep) in the evening but everyone is different. Ending my morning shower w/ a cold blast will usually get rid of the fog !!! Then some am caffene at work via hot/cold tea and we're off !!!
"Thunder is good, thunder is impressive; but it is lightning that does the work"
Mark Twain 1835-1910

"Strength - never give up; reach within yourself"Posted Image

"The only weakness you have is your self esteem. I wish you could see yourself as the rest of the world sees you "

#11 Canadian Girl

Canadian Girl

• PipPipPip
  • 193 posts

Posted 28 June 2007 - 01:41 AM

I used to take remeron and I currently take trazodone to help me sleep.I Find remeron to work way better for a good night's sleep.Now I take a low dose of Trazodone and clonosapam to help me sleep.If I take too high a dose of Traz it gives me severe night sweats and it didn't really help me sleep all that much either.I don't even know why I am still taking it but P-doc says that they both help for different parts of sleep.

#12 liveweyerd

liveweyerd

• PipPipPip
  • 200 posts

Posted 28 June 2007 - 06:32 AM

I took trazadone for several years but just lately switched to remeron because the trazadone was causing too vivid dreams, often violent. The night sweats I had begun to take for granted as being a woman my age also stopped.
I hadn't been having trouble sleeping lately...but want to keep the remeron as it is also an anti-d.
When I first started the trazadone it was the best sleep I had in years...but had to take it early. It didn't knock me out but I slept sound and solid for the whole night.
Each small candle lights a corner of the dark.....Roger Waters

#13 tomac00

tomac00

• PipPip
  • 72 posts

Posted 28 June 2007 - 10:44 AM

Now taking 45mg of Remeron w/ 50-100 mgs of Traz; both at night. My Remeron was upped due to increase of anxiety in am.

Sleep is good when I let myself have enough downtime (re go to bed at a decent time). Still need to take meds 9:30ish even if I don't head off to bed at until 11 or so.
"Thunder is good, thunder is impressive; but it is lightning that does the work"
Mark Twain 1835-1910

"Strength - never give up; reach within yourself"Posted Image

"The only weakness you have is your self esteem. I wish you could see yourself as the rest of the world sees you "

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users