Advertisement
  • No one should be alone in this. We can help.
If you - or someone you know - are having thoughts about suicide, call 1-800-273-TALK (8255). Calls are connected to a certified crisis center nearest the caller's location. Services are available 24 hours a day, seven days a week.                                                                            If you - or someone you know - are having thoughts about suicide, call 1-800-273-TALK (8255). Calls are connected to a certified crisis center nearest the caller's location. Services are available 24 hours a day, seven days a week.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Photo

Recurring Nightmares

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 T on C

T on C

ID: 14609

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 606 posts

Posted 23 March 2007 - 03:03 PM

Hi all,
Not going to go into details as I'm not quite sure how to word it but how does one deal with nightmares about an event that happened in the past? Pdoc has diagnosed me with PTSD because of this. I'm having more of them lately and I'm chaulking it up to the extra stresses I've been going through. Talking about it in detail does not help because I end up breaking down and closing up. Already tried that with the pdoc and his assistant, all It got me was in a deep well for days. Sort of feel lost about the whole scenario. Thanks for the ear and any advice you can pass my way.

goldenvelope1jr.gifdiamondstar.gif There's people in my bowl...
Current Meds: Propranolol, Lithium, Haloperidol, Norvasc, Zoloft, Zaleplon
Up to date diagnosis: PTSD, BP1, MDD with psychotic features

#2 firelizardee

firelizardee

Lifetime Platinum Mermber

ID: 21

• Premium Platinum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,781 posts

Posted 25 March 2007 - 06:33 AM

the only thing I can think of is to do as you are doign and talk about it and work through it. i know its difficult just now but it will get better.

Eileen
Take care
Firelizardee

"Eat a live frog before breakfast and nothing worse will happen to you all day"
"Only Robinson Crusoe can get things done by Friday!"

Posted ImagePosted Image

Suicide help on DF

UK help for people who are suicidal

I am not a medical professional, when I reply to posts I do so basing my reply on personal experience or a wish to support the poster.

#3 T on C

T on C

ID: 14609

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 606 posts

Posted 11 April 2007 - 07:53 AM

Eileen

Sorry, I just noticed I got a reply on this post. Since the last I've started opening up to the pdoc, going though the motions of what had happened and the impact of bottling up issues for 30 years. Making progress but it's emotionally draining at times.
Thanks for the reply...
T

goldenvelope1jr.gifdiamondstar.gif There's people in my bowl...
Current Meds: Propranolol, Lithium, Haloperidol, Norvasc, Zoloft, Zaleplon
Up to date diagnosis: PTSD, BP1, MDD with psychotic features

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users