• Announcements

• Lindsay

Depression Forums Are Back Online!   02/09/2016

Hello Members! Please understand that this upgrade was huge and is a process that will be ongoing for a tad longer. Somethings may not seem 'right' or look a bit 'strange' at the moment, such as your profile page or "Quotes" etc.. Some things may not work as expected... for the time being, but please appreciate that we have to prioritize function over appearance. Eventually DF will all come together and be wonderful! It will be as if nothing had ever changed... As an afterthought...DF will be ACCESSIBLE ANYTIME/ANYWHERE
      Whether you’re on your smartphone, tablet or computer, access to Depressionforums.org/forums is right at your fingertips with our new upgrade. The
      refreshing, dynamic look translates across all platforms and devices.
      Come join up, become a member if not already! It’s free to post to your peers about anything that is troubling you.  We are certain there is a Forum for that. Tomorrow we will have a Forum set up for members to answer any questions that you may have about the upgrade. We really appreciate all of your feedback! Your Forum Administrators
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
T on C

Recurring Nightmares

3 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post  

Hi all,

Not going to go into details as I'm not quite sure how to word it but how does one deal with nightmares about an event that happened in the past? Pdoc has diagnosed me with PTSD because of this. I'm having more of them lately and I'm chaulking it up to the extra stresses I've been going through. Talking about it in detail does not help because I end up breaking down and closing up. Already tried that with the pdoc and his assistant, all It got me was in a deep well for days. Sort of feel lost about the whole scenario. Thanks for the ear and any advice you can pass my way.

Posted · Report post  

the only thing I can think of is to do as you are doign and talk about it and work through it. i know its difficult just now but it will get better.

Eileen

Posted · Report post  

Eileen

Sorry, I just noticed I got a reply on this post. Since the last I've started opening up to the pdoc, going though the motions of what had happened and the impact of bottling up issues for 30 years. Making progress but it's emotionally draining at times.

Thanks for the reply...

T